“Great location great value”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just had a meeting. Used all hotel services and catering for about 40 people. Staff was great in helping me set up and prepare. Executive lounge is great. Check in staff is friendly and fitness center is great. Walking distance to pikes market.
Beds are comfortable and rooms clean. I have stayed here about 10 times. My favorite in Seattle.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Scott,
Thank you so much for your business and your great comments about our event team.
We work very hard to provide a great meeting experience and our hotel is ranked in the top Renaissance hotels nationwide in event planning and service. We continuously upgrade our facility and this winter we will enlarge our health club and improve our meeting space to provide and even better experience.
Looking forward to have you back with us real soon.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Seattle Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My companion and I stayed at this hotel on a last-minute whim to spend a night in downtown Seattle. We were pleased with the friendly and professional service, and the small but noticeable, and welcome, upgrades given to us as Marriott Rewards members. Our (upgraded) room was spacious with nice touches such as high-quality soaps and shampoos, an unexpected window seat, and warm lighting, even in the bathroom. The hotel bar is...fine. It's a hotel bar with a nice view but you can find more interesting food and drinks just about anywhere downtown. Same with breakfast. Both were convenient, but it's pretty easy to take a short walk and find some other truly excellent places to dine. This hotel is literally ON the busy freeway and if you can think of it as white noise, you'll be fine. Otherwise, it could really bother you. Ask for a room as high up as you can.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, and ask for a room on the west side, with a view away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments.
I do appreciate your sensibilities about our restaurants and we will review your comments with our Food and Beverage team. We need feedback to improve our service and offerings.

Looking forward to have you back with us real soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights and we both found it to be an outstanding hotel in downtown Seattle. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. We were upgraded to a corner suite when we checked in and were on the fourteenth floor with a very nice view of the city. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful abd the check in process took less than ten minutes. This hotel is very close by to all of the Seattle attractions like Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square and is a short walk to the monorail to the Space Needle. Just keep in mind that Seattle has some steep hills so while the attractions are within walking distance you will get some good exercise walking up some of the hills. There are also to very good restaurants (R-View and Maxwell's) located in the hotel. The R-View restaurant is on the top floor with more great views of the city. We will most likely stay here again when we return to Seattle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
We are very proud of our service and the cleanliness of the hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Rview. We believe that it offers some of the best views in the city.
We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am usually a fan of Marriott Hotels and was happy to hear that I would be staying at a Marriott Renaissance for my business trip in Seattle recently, however, I was a bit disappointed...I can't really say specifically that there was anything "wrong" but the overall appearance of both the rooms and the environ of the hotel seemed old and tired. The bathroom amenities were "chinzy" and not up to what you expect from a rather upscale hotel. Other small issues that would have moved this hotel from a pedestrian level hotel to a luxury one was just not there. I always like a nice "make up" mirror which I understand is very useful for men when they shave as well as for woman was absent...and the towels were sparce and not up to the luxury standard. The air conditioner made lots of noise as if it too was tired.On the good side, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked questions numerous times about the area in Seattle and they were always willing to spend time to explain and give information.
Overall, nothing was really wrong... just not a luxury hotel as it should be from the prices and the level of "Renaissance" in the Marriott line.

Room Tip: I am partially disabled and the location of this hotel is on one of the steepest streets in Seattle...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review.
I do appreciate that you liked and enjoyed our staff and service.
Over the last years we have continuously upgraded our hotel and I can assure you that all of products and towels are of the same high standard that other Renaissance hotels use.

We will continue to upgrade our hotel this winter and hopefully you will see a change the next time you return to Seattle.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

the hotel staff seems to have a thing about shaking hands, which doesn't really bother me, but seems unnecessarily formal. As others have said, no lock on the bathroom door. The elevator from the parking garage was out of order (we were told there was a sign but we were so involved in trying to figure that we had to go in on the left that we didn't see it. So had to hike up 4 (!) floors to the lobby schlepping two suitcases and a briefcase. Difficult for two people, 72 and 73 years old. Inexcusable, I think. The casual restaurant is closed except for breakfast but you don't know that until you actually go there. Room was nice enough, but being told it had a "nice view" doesn't cut it when the "view" is of 6 or 8 very tall buildings and gantries in the dock area. there were only two bath towels. For a luxury hotel, I expect at least 2 towels for each person. We get at least 3 towels at Marriott Fairfield Inns. Internet is $13.95 per DAY! Outrageous is an understatement!

Room Tip: No idea since we had a room with a "nice view" and it looked out on other buildings (room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you staying with us and your nice comments about our service.
I am sorry that the elevator had an outage when you arrived. Of course if we had known about the luggage we would have picked it up for you. We did call in extra people just for that purpose and by 2pm the elevator was fixed and ready.
The daytime restaurant is open from 6 am till 3 pm and the evening restaurant is open from 4-10 pm. Food service is also available all day in the lobby lounge. Again we do appreciate your visit and hope you will be back when you return to Seattle.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We parked in the garage under the hotel. You drive on the left instead of the right for some reason. It has been a long time since I stood in line so long to check in. It may have been a little under 15 minutes but it seemed like forever. Our room faced I-5 but the noise didn't bother as much as some reviews indicated. A number of reviewers commented on the non locking pocket door for the bathroom but it did not bother my wife and I. There were a couple of bottles of water setting out and we thought that one nice until we read a review complaining there was a $3.50 charge with no indication. The site we booked through said parking was $22 but we were charged $39, site said accuracy was Responsibility of the hotel. The posted price was for 12-24 hours, but first we had trouble getting out because no one told us you needed to keep your room card to scan yourself out, we left ours in the room. There was no parking attendant on duty when we left so I went back in the hotel,there was a long line at the desk again but someone said just use the intercom at the exit gate. When I did they told me they had to charge me for three extra hours because "parking checkout time is 3pm". We came in at 6:30 pm the day before and we're leaving at 6 pm and the posted rate was for 12-24 hours and nothing on our bill or anywhere else about leaving by 3. She came back on the intercom and said she talked to the manager and we needed to pay for three more hours. Finally the car behind me got tired of waiting and they scanned me out. It is a matter of principle, you post the prices and rules, ok. You appear to make them up as you go along, you are going to have a problem with me. This Marriott property annoyed me more than the pan handlers in Pike Place Market. I would not stay here again if they paid me.

2  Thank drillerboy

Thank you for staying with us and your comments. While we try to make all of our guests happy I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. I am going to try to answer your concerns.
1.The water bottles have a sticker indicating the sale price. We recognize that the stickers may be missed and are reworking the position of the stickers.
2. Since I do not know what site you booked the reservation on, I would like to hear from you so we can check the information. There are websites that may have erroneous information on their webpage. Just because they say that accuracy is the responsibility of the hotel does not necessarily make it so. Some of these websites copy information from other sites and may not update the information accurately.
3. I understand that the parking rate sign can be misunderstood. There are two prices posted.
Hotel guests $32 plus tax.
Hourly parking 12-24 hours $50 inclusive of tax.
I do apologize if that may have confused you. Check out time for the hotel is 12 noon, we do extend parking until 3pm. I agree that it could make sense to extend parking until 6pm. The 12 -24 hours time as stated above is for the hourly parking only.
Again I do apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you, and I do hope that you will reconsider and return to stay with us. Please contact me at neidhart@renaissanceseattle.com. I would love to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, since you can walk 15-25 minutes to everywhere downtown, from shopping to Pikes Market, to restaurants. Its a nice hotel but stay at the higher floors since it's right by a freeway. The front desk is helpful, but they truly have one of the best Concierge people I have ever met (shout out to Lucy) she is truly awesome.
Rooms are good size, but beds are very uncomfortable. One thing that really surprised me was the bathroom. The door doesn't shut or lock; its sort of a sliding door, and there is no exhaust, so if you share the room with someone, there is no privacy. The food menu is very limited, so plan on eating out. Their breakfast is fantastic, so unless you have planned to go eat at a local café, eat at the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at higher floors!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your business and your nice comments.
Lucy is indeed a gem. For that very reason, she was selected the 2013 Tourism Ambassador for the City of Seattle.
While you are correct about the sliding bathroom door, we do have an exhaust fan in the bathroom, right over the bathtub. You might not hear it but it is on and working.

Again thank you and I hope you will be back to see us.