Renaissance Seattle Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
1,988 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Definitely not impressed with this hotel! The location is mediocre, we barely slept due to the highway noise, our bed was one of the most uncomfortable that I've slept on north of Mexico and the pillows lumpy. The valets and housekeeping were amazing but the front desk staff were almost rude. Our truck was too tall for their underground parking so we needed valet to park it in a different lot. Valet told us it would be the same price as self-park as we couldn't help the situation (which is already $32/day + about 20% tax!). When we checked out we were charges $38 + tax and told that they couldn't do anything about it. WiFi is $13.95 a day! Seriously! And they charge it! You can't even use the ethernet cable for free! They ding you for everything in a hotel that was already overpriced. I came home pissed off with a cramp in my neck, back and wallet. This was my 5th time to Seattle and my worst experience!

1  Thank Heather E
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Heather,
Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Seattle.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience while at our hotel. I realize you had issues with the parking and the bed in the hotel. I would appreciate if you would contact me so that we could discuss your issues in more details. In particular I would like to now the room you were in so that we could exchange the bed. We get many great reviews about our beds but seem to have a few that have not held up well and we do have a program to exchange them.

Again thank you and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed at the Renaissance Seattle for 3 nights while in town for a wedding at the nearby Colombia Tower Club. We arrived late morning and were pleasantly surprised to be able to check in early.

We had lunch upon arrival at Maxwell's restaurant on the 2nd floor and returned for the breakfast buffet for 2 days; excellent service and decent hotel prices.

The hotel itself and rooms have been nicely updated and are typical of what you would expect from other Marriott hotel service and comfort. We would definitely return here should we return to Seattle!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your business and your great review.
We do appreciate your great comments about our hotel and our service in Maxwell. On your next visit please go to R view on the 28th floor of the hotel, where you will have a great view over the city.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here over the Memorial holiday. I had a convention there. It's a fine hotel. not great, not bad but fine. I wouldn't normally pay that much for a fine hotel and be happy, but as I said, I had a convention there.
The great: The room - had a great corner room, view of the city and water, quiet too
The fine - food and service in the bar
The just "OK" - room was only somewhat clean, sheets and towels were clean, room hadn't been dusted well in a while. some of the molding was falling off the walls.
below average - the service in Maxwells. The food must be prepared downtown and trucked in
sucks - nothing!

The wrap - The hotel is airy, kept up well.
the "WTF?" - finding the correct elevator can be a puzzle...solvable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith G

Thank you very much for your visit and your review.
I am sorry to hear that you did not like your food in Maxwell. In general we do get great comments about the food and service. I will share your experience with my team to insure we improve on that part of our service.
Overall you seemed to have liked your stay and I hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We chose the Renaissance Hotel because it was a luxury hotel well situated in Downtown Seattle with easy access to public transportation. The hotel was modern and very well maintained. The floor plan of our 1-bedroom suite had the bed in a smaller room on the corner with large windows on two sides. The bathroom had plenty of towels and the sitting room had a desk with plenty of plug-ins, a comfortable couch and a flat screen television. The bedroom had three large drawers for storage built into the lower wall and the walk-between area had a wardrobe for hanging items.

The Seattle waterfront which is just six blocks downhill from the Renaissance which is very short drive by car. Walking is probably for those that are physically fit as the walk back to the hotel is six blocks up steep hills.

The hotel has a good restaurant and coffee bar and a fitness room on the 26th floor with a nice view. The hotel does not have a pool and I did not appreciate the extra fee for in-room wireless internet; wireless internet is complimentary in the lobby which has very comfortable seating that seems designed for that purpose. They have a business center and computers available for printing airline boarding passes. All in all, the Renaissance is a very good hotel choice when visiting Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your comments.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Overwhelmed by the service at this hotel! From the moment we arrived - Valet parking, check in desk, telephone quesiotns to front desk, car retrieval from Valet all perfect! Room was a king and good size- Aveda bath products, large bathroom, new iron and board ( very important for business traveler). Also like to comment on the room service desert! The best I have had in a lonf time! Service was quick and extremely friendly with great apple tart and warm chocolate cake...All in all- terrific stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while in Seattle.
We appreciate your great comments about our service and look forward to have you back real soon.