“Nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
California
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight at the end of our trip. The location was a little further from the pier than I would prefer but it was ok. The parking was 31.00 self park. 6.00 more dollars for valet plus an extra 8.00 on top of the valet for tax that I was informed about when asked about how much. Also a charge for internet. It was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and your review.
We do appreciate your business and your overall review as a nice place to stay.
While we are two/three blocks further away from the Pier, we are in walking distance to Pioneer square and the stadiums.

Rene Neidhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The front desk check-in assistant Meghan was very sweet and quite helpful. The hotel is beautiful and the room was very comfortable. The only problem was the TV signal kept going in and out but no big deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us and your nice comments about Meghan and your check in experience. We believe that service is the most important aspect of the overall guest experience
Again thank you and please come back.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped for a night on a driving trip in our Corvette. The room was nice enough and clean, the bed was comfortable and it was easy walking distance to the places we wanted to eat and sightsee. The issue we had with the hotel was with the parking. When we pulled up the valet suggested that we should self park our car rather than valet park since the ramp was steep and we know our own car better - while this was all very true, what was not mentioned was that not only are the ramps steep, there are very sharp ending to them so a lower car can not make it down without terrible scraping to the bottom of the car. There is no way that anyone who knows that parking lot should allow a low slung car to go down there - we would have been much happier to pay more and park elsewhere, any place our car would not have been damaged. We are home and the car is in the body shop now......paying extra to park would have been much cheaper, had we only known!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel while you were traveling through Seattle.
While I am sorry to hear about your car I can assure you that other Corvette's have parked in the garage and have had no issues. We are however taking your comments serious and will instruct our valet team to make sure that we share this with owners of slung cars. We have also found a garage that can assist us with these types of cars.

Mr. Martin, I appreciate the rest of your comments regarding our hotel and please do not hesitate to call me directly when you come back to Seattle and I will make sure you will have a great experience.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked a hotel on Hotwire and was somewhat disappointed when the Renaissance Seattle Hotel came up. However, the hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. While the hotel itself is a standard renaissance, the facilities, staff and food service were far better that I normally experience (for instance my experience last week at a Hilton hotel in Portland was not nearly so good.)

I was taking my 13-year-old son to camp from Portland to an hour north of Seattle and decided to catch a Mariners game the night before I dropped him off. A few things that occurred:
- When I called the hotel, the operator gave me excellent advice on parking - including letting me know that the entrance was on Madison - not obvious.
- When we stopped at the front desk the staff was friendly and gave us directions on walking to the Baseball Park. (They could have mentioned that there was a steep hill - but hey, no one's perfect).
- When we returned from the game at 11:00pm (along with a bunch of others) the serving team at the bar/lounge was able to direct my son and I to a seat. I ordered a Quesadilla and my son ordered Buffalo wings. While I thought I'd get the standard - mediocre - hotel food - the Quesadilla was tasty and looked great.
- Finally, when I initially called and asked for a late check out - they were discouraging that I could get one later than 1:00pm, saying that the hotel was full. However, the following morning, I stopped by the front desk and asked if I could extend until 2:00pm. The person agreed. Again, contrasting to my Hilton experience last week - this was a nice thing for the hotel to do.

The room was also very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert W
Dear Robert W,
thank you for staying with us and your great comments about our hotel.
Exceeding expectations is what it is all about and I am pleased to hear we hit a home run.. sort of speak.

Again thank you and please come back real soon.

Del Mar, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Solid hotel. Walkable to most of downtown.
We like the amenities and furnishings. Staff was real nice.
The freeway view room was noisy.
It bugs me that Marriott closes their business lounges on weekends. They said it was "open" but only with water and soda....

Room Tip: Try to avoid the freeway side!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Winstin,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments about our hotel.
We do appreciate your business and hope you will return to stay with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Holland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 2 days the last week of June. It's conveniently located within walking distance to most Seattle attractions. Great service, good food. Some people have complained about the highway noise but we had no problems and our room was directly above the highway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your business and your great review of our hotel.
We hope your experience will bring you back to Seattle real soon.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel at the end of June for three nights. The hotel is in a great location. We were able to take the train into town from the airport, then just walk a few blocks to the hotel. It is also walking distance to the Ferries, the Monorail and many good restaurants.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. We were on a high floor, not directly facing the Interstate, but we could see it, and were not bothered by traffic noise. I was a little worried about that when I had read previous reviews. I don't know if it was how high we were, or that the Interstate was just to the right of our room, but we did not hear much at all from outside.

I kind of expected a little bit more since it is a category 6 hotel, but it was about like the category 5 hotels, but still, I have no complaints. We will probably stay there again because the location was perfect if you like to walk around and see the city and it's always nice to come back to a clean comfy room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us and your nice comments about our hotel and our service. We are continuously working on updating our hotel and by the time you ill return we should have a new décor in our lobby.

Again thank you and look forward to serve you again.