“Average”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Average”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average. Definitely not the best hotel we ever stayed at in Seattle. Very surprised Hotwire considered this a 4 star hotel, I would rate it a 3 at best.

Don't waste your money on getting the upgraded room, the only difference is a better view, however the room size is smaller.

Would not go back.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chino Hills
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Can't wait to stay here again. The hotel staff at check-in were so very accommodating. They went out of their way to welcome me and suggest things to do when I told them I was only in town for a 3 day vacation.

Room Tip: High floors with a west facing view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, parking is a rip off, over $35! Internet is also paid for as well yet is free in nearly every public building in the US! There is a lot of noise that transfers between the rooms and I was able to hear the next room on the skype through the connecting door. AC/Heating was also very noisy. There is a gym on the top floor, pool is closed down, gym was too small and full of people waiting to get on a treadmill in the mornings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I must have been on the other side of the hall from the people who wrote the review below. We were there on the same weekend and, like them, upgraded to a higher, quieter floor for $30/night. We were put next to this inconsiderate group of people who had visitors all night long. At one point, yes, 3 am, they had loud discussions in the hall. One of them laying down on the hallway floor enjoying his music.

We called to the desk for help, and nothing happened. If they had real hotel security, they would have smelled the weed in the hallway at 7 pm when the fun started. And if they had real security they would have knocked on the door at midnight, 3 am, 5 am and 7 am and done something. So now that I see another similar review ended up on tripadvisor, I wonder how many calls they got that night and what they did about the situation. Nothing as the guests were in the Club Room the next evening.

We're staying somewhere else next time in Seattle.

Room Tip: The side facing the highway is way noisier than the Crowne Plaza down the street. Even getting a roo...
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mac m
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights at Renaissance hotel on a city break. Location was great and easy to find (we drove down from Vancouver). You have to pay for overnight parking(which I think was around $38? - which personally I think is a bit rich, especially when it's not a budget hotel you are staying at! But valet was only $2 more, so we chose that option and it was handy. And they had our car back to us fast when we needed. We walked everywhere. Down to Pike market and the surrounding areas. The walk down is easy, but it's quite a hill coming back. The library is literally across the st. Super cool looking building.
We were told the bar at the top of the hotel has the 'best view'. It's ok, not the 'best' of Seattle. But handy for a nightcap.
We had a king room. Very spacious, and comfy bed. Overall, it was a good spot, good room, nice service.... but.... and I understand this was not the doing of the hotel, however, perhaps they could have done more... a room near us, was smoking ALOT of weed, to the point that the hallway was smoky, and the smell was coming into our room. Also, at 3am Sat morning they decided to have a party - in the hall! So, waiting a while, I called the front desk. The party moved into a room.But the noise didn't, so called again, and this time it stopped. The next day however... the weed remained. So my grip with the hotel is, they don't act on their no smoking policy! oh, and you get free wifi in the lobby...but if you are a guest, you have to pay $13.95 in your room! WTF?
Advice to future travellers - ask for a quiet and non smoking floor

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jettsgal
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent three nights here and found everyone friendly and helpful, from the front end to the back. The valet men were superb and held the door for us every time we came and went. Now, the hotel is by the I-5, so lets face it, there will be some noise. Having always enjoyed large cities, I did not find it overbearing. ( try New York if you want noise)
The beds are firm, be warned! If you want soft beds, try the Sheraton down the street. However, the king size beds were just right for us. The restaurant needs some work...perhaps a change in chefs? The pool is gone...great, who used one these days anymore? Workout room was adequate and had a great view. Have a drink on the top floor at night...great views!
Is it a 4- star? Perhaps not yet, but if they keep at it, they will be there soon.

Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed in this location more than once, and this time had a room that faced the highway. I do not think the road noise was loud, as some did.

I have found the R-View restaurant, room service, valet, concierge, and front desk staff all to be very professional. Also, rooms are very clean and when refreshed as needed very well done. In December I stayed at this location for two weeks and many members of the staff remembered me and personally welcomed me back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business