“very nice hotel”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 18, 2012

a typical renaissance hotel, in that the staff are friendly, the location is great, the rooms are modern and clean, the beds are comfy, and the experience overall is pleasant. the breakfast was nice, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the positive feedback.
We are striving for excellence in our service and appreciate to hear from pour guest.
Please come back real soon.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Seattle Hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am a frequent travelers and have stayed at this hotel before on my company rate. Even still I have a view of the water. One of the windows opens a little so you can get fresh air if you want it. Bathrooms are huge and well appointed. Bed great, room clean, and as always internet slow.

Check in was fast and person was great.

I watched Monday Night Football as my hometown team was playing and the bartender and staff were great. Would chat with me in passing as I was in there solo.

Valet staff was fast with getting me cabs and information.

Room Service staff was fast, and very good and understood that I was working East Coast calls and did not make a sound.

Bottom line: I have a trial in Seattle coming up that will last about two weeks and I will be staying at this property!

Room Tip: You want to see the water!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the positive feedback.
Your comments are very much appreciated. At Renaissance hotels we put a lot of effort in staff training and service. Please let me know when you are coming back for your trial, we would love to make your experience a special one.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Really nice rooms, very clean and modern. Staff is friendly, even the housekeeping and other random staffers just walking around going about their business. Nice gym an top floor restaurant

A few flaws:

The place has 5 elevators but all week they seemed to be very slow. Had to wait 5 full minutes for an elevator at times. This may be due to the convention being held there, but a convention shouldn't totally swamp the hotels infrastructure.

All of the food prices are quite high, but I suppose that's to br expected at hotel restaurants

One nitpick Is that the TVs in the room change channels VERY slowly and scrolling through channels is a chore. The channel showing what's playing on what channel also moves at a snails pace. This makes finding something to watch too much of a chore.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and for our nice comments.
We did have an issue with the elevators in early October and are working on fixing the problems. I can assure you that the 5 elevators are sufficient for the hotel and that you do not have to wait 5 minutes under normal circumstances.
Likewise we are looking at the television comments to see if we can make any changes to the TV ‘s
Thank you for letting us know about your issues, it is through feedback like your’s that we can improve the services in our hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

the bell staff and the front desk personnel were super, very accommodating and on the ball. The rooms were a little outdated and definietly needs an up to date renovation. It is conveniently located, within walking distance of most of downtown. The 2nd floor cafe for sunday brunch was way understaffed, like they weren't expecting a full house on a cruise Sunday. Come on! Every sundat from may to september there are cruises leaving out of seattle! Step it up!
charging for in room high speed internet + internet taxes?? come on get up with 2012!

Room Tip: the king rooms are better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfy beds, one of the best Ive slept on in a hotel. Very friendly staff. Overall I would for sure stay again. We stayed only one night but we had room service (unusually prompt even at 9pm). Valet guys were even friendly. Had brunch in the hotel restaurant it was great too! I cant say anything bad about this hotel at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We showed up on a Friday night around 10pm. We had requested a king bed but were told they sold out and would have to settle for two double beds. Not uncommon checking in late on a weekend so what could I say? Once at the room we were immediately greeted with the noise from I-5 right outside the window. I could not believe how loud it was and thought maybe the window was open. I was disappointed to find out the windows were in fact closed but the 6th floor put me right at the freeway.This place is very outdated with aluminum windows that provide no sound insulation.

We decided to call down to the front desk in hopes of getting a different room. To my pleasant surprise we were told a gentleman would be on the way up with new keys to a room on the other side of the hotel. He then proceeded to take us to the 23rd floor and gave us a room on the other side of the building with a king bed! This room was much better with no freeway noise as you can imagine. However, I was a bit confused as 10 minutes prior I was told there were no king rooms available.

I was very disappointed in the overall quality of the rooms and hotel. This place is very tired and in need of a remodel. I have stayed at several 4 star properties in downtown Seattle and this one was by far the least impressive. If you do choose to stay here make sure you get a room opposite the freeway. This place is planted right on I-5.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room on the opposite side of the I-5 freeway. This building is right on the f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for four nights (7 October thru 10 October). They staff was very nice upon check in and allowed us to check in a couple hours early. I had read several reviews before arriving and did ask for a non highway sided room. Our view from our room was great...we could see lots of the downtown area (we were on the water side of the hotel). Pike Place Market is about .9 of a mile walk, although it is all downhill on the way there and uphill on the way back, certainly not the fault of the hotel.

The check in clerk said she 'upgraded' our room. Unless that means moving us to a higher floor, then I'm not sure what the upgrade was. We'd stayed at the Marriott, by the airport) the night before (coming in on a very late flight) and the room with pretty much the same. The tv in the room was not very large and did not swivel, for easing viewing from the bed. And we couldn't sit together because there is only one chair and foot stool in front of the tv. I understand that this is a business driven hotel, but they have to get a fair amount of 'pleasure' travelers. Ours was a mixed trip...3 days of fun, 2 days of work.

The fellas at Valet were super amazing. Always greeting with a smile and a hand for the doors. They certainly deserve a pat on the back.

We did visit the concierge desk, asking about the busing system. Jean Paul was more than eager to help. He gave us a map and told us what bus to get on and where to get it on and when to get off....however we couldn't find that bus number and the stops were not where he indicated. We were 3/4 of the way back to the hotel (walking) before we finally saw the bus he indicated and it did not stop near the hotel where he indicated. (We did not take the car with us to Pike Place, as it costs to park there as well and after already paying nearly $45/day!!! to park at the Renaissance, we just couldn't stomach paying for more parking) That was a bit disappointing, especially after telling him we were not bus riding people and didn't really understand the concept.

We did have drinks at the rooftop bar...very nice. Not much different than the view from our room...it just has floor to ceiling windows.

I'd consider this hotel again, with a visit to Seattle, but it probably won't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple