Renaissance Seattle Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
1,988 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2007

The headboard of the bed is covered with a fabric material that may attract uninvited guests. After traveling cross country, I decided to retreat to my room and take a nap before the afternoon conference I was attending. When I woke up, I felt an itch on my scalp/forehead and found not one, but two ticks. The ticks had not yet attached to my skin, so they were recently acquired. I had not been to any other location (straight from airport to Renaissance). I took the ticks to the front desk and explained the situation. The staff first offered to fog the room. I did not find this acceptable and was given a different room. The new room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel manager gave me vouchers for breakfast daily during the stay for the inconvenience. Although I had no further problems, I don't think I would stay again because of the tick problem.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank ponydoc
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Check in was great as they let us check in early. Requested and got a mini refrigerator. Quite a walking distance to the Pike's Place. It was nice to have a supermarket about a block away. The room was ok.

Reviewed September 16, 2007

This is definitely not what you would expect from a Marriott Hotel, and as a Marriott Rewards Member with silver status I know what I'm talking about. Tiny rooms, old scratched furniture, no minibar, no refrigerator, no in-room safe. Had a room to the I5, even on the 8th floor it was extremely noisy.

The whole hotel needs a complete refurbishment. Definitely no 4-star location.

Next time I'll have to visit Seattle, I'll try to get another hotel.

2  Thank chthomko
Reviewed September 13, 2007

From reading these reviews, it sounds like a complete different hotel than the one we stayed at. We stayed 9/12-9/15 and had a room on the "club level" floor 26. To say the rooms needed updating was an understatement. I am not usually one to care about what decade a style is in, but is a problem is when decades of dirt cause everyone in the room to itch and produce a rash. This was the case. Everytime we left the room, we could breath and did not itch. Return to the room and it began again. Carpet is a multi dark color which did a lot to hide the years of goodness knows what. We did not dare walk barefoot. Carpet was also tore up in every doorway and tiles were loose in the bathroom. Usually when a hotel remodels it starts with the most expensive room, so remodels are a long way off.

Beds were beds, nothing special. Bathroom the size of a closet, forget closing the door, it was not possible.

For those that need to know, friends of ours requested a handicap room because one of them is in a wheelchair. There is no handicap room! It is a regular room with a couple of shower bars as a minumum legal requirement.

NOT ONE SERVICE PERSONAL other than check in and the bar of course, spoke complete and coherent English. You need to know this if you want to communicate with housekeeping staff, or anyone in the gift store. It is incredibly frustrating to tell housekeeping to please leave extra towels over and over and have to draw pictures.

The so called "parking garage" is unmanned on entry and completely unsafe! You need to know this. It is in a dark, shadowed underground with exceptionally tight spaces. Elevators are not clear. You actually have to enter doorways to stairs and go up a flight to reach an elevator in some places. ANYONE can be in these stairways and believe me in this part of town, anyone is. BE CAREFUL!

Check in however was a breeze, check out also. This is where the English speaking folks are hidden. And the bar too of course, where they want to take your money without aggrevating you.

However, please note, my credit card has been charged twice for the entire stay and I am having the worst time resolving the issue. For some reason, they feel compelled to keep connecting me to the "front desk" of the hotel. These folks do not do billing. I am still trying after 2 days...

1  Thank soosyq
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I booked the Renaissance through Priceline and got a very good deal, more than half off the hotel's internet price. So, I was worried that the hotel would be dumpy. Thankfully it was far from dumpy. It was great! Fantastic location. Excellent service. We booked a king size room and were given a one-bedroom suite. It was nicely furnished, large and very comfortable. I am very picky about bedding and the bedding met my high standards. The sheets were high thread count, smooth and covered the comforter completely (top and bottom sort of forming a duvet). The complementary coffee service in the morning was great. They also gave us parking ($25) for free. The food was good in the restaurants too. I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel exterior is under construction so it's hard to see the name as you are driving by.

Note: The hotel is right next to the freeway, but the soundproofing makes it hardly noticeable.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple