1,148 results
All reviewsshared bathroompike place marketgreat locationsmall fanno air conditioningprivate bathtwo blockssmall elevatorspace needleclawfoot tubbudget hoteleuropean stylean older hotelwestlake stationlight railstreet noisequeen bed
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Spent 4 nights here, the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful with information. I went for the shared bathroom room. The room was spacious with a huge closet. The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds are super comfortable and a I had a great night sleep. Good thing I'm an early riser, the housekeeping staff were yelling back and forth at each other the entire time they were on the floor, even very early, every day. One guy even carried around with him a portable music player on high volume at 8 in the morning. This was kind of annoying. The shared bathroom could also use a revamp and at least some kind of table or shelfing unit to put your toiletries on.

Overall, a good value in a massively overpriced city. I think it's a good find.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank somewhereinoldeurope
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The guy at front desk friendly,kind,helpful;very nice room with the great view of the famous tower,clean,neat,wonderful matress and sheets.Just great!
The bathroom is a little bit small,but who cares! you really enjoy the room because is well furnished and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you really want to sleep great ask the romm with 2 queen size beds wich even are apart
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank feyokes
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Wife and I had booked an anniversary cruise to Alaska and decided to spend a few days in Seattle afterwards. Looking for a place to stay, we were shocked at the NYC prices for hotels in downtown Seattle to say the least!! Doing a bit more research, we discovered that the short tourist season and the Alaskan cruise industry seems to the cause of high rack rates.

Anyway, not finding anything reasonably priced from our usual sites, I came upon a recommendation to look into the Moore Hotel on Cruise Critic. Was a bit surprised and more than a little leery about the low prices, especially when I found out it was in a circa 1907 building and had rooms with shared (as well as private) baths and no AC.

The more I looked around, the more attractive this place became. Very conveniently located on 2nd and Virginia Ave, it was only - a couple of blocks to Pikes Place, Westlake station of the Link Light Rail, the waterfront and easy walking distance many of the city’s attractions. Best of all, was the price! While others were charging $250+ a night, I was able to book a room with a private bath for half that price!

Post cruise, we took a cab from Pier 91 here - $14 plus tip. An older, historic building, the lobby had a cool, funky vibe and there was a coffee shop (very highly rated, too) and a small café attached. We had requested a room on the upper floor but none was ready yet so we dropped off our luggage and hit the town to see the sites.

Returning later that afternoon, we were given the keys (yes, actual KEYS) to room 721 on the top floor . Took the small elevator up and halfway down the hall we found our room. Upon entering, we were more than pleasantly surprised! Passed a small bathroom with a shower and a walk-in closet. Queen sized bed, flat screen TV, small fridge and two huge windows that faced 2nd Ave. While there is no AC, the windows opened and allowed a nice breeze in. There was also a small fan in the closet. Just a word of warning – there are no screens or bars on the windows so I would not leave a child unattended with the windows open.

Most importantly, the place was CLEAN.

It was a cooler, rainy day when we arrived. Sleeping with the windows open was nice – with the exception of the musical act at the attached Moore Theater. Even 7 stories up you could hear the music thumping but thankfully it ended around 10:30pm.

The next day was warm and sunny and when we returned to the west facing room, the sun had heated things up a bit. However, opening the windows, running the fan and the sun setting behind the buildings across the street, the room became pleasant pretty quickly. If this is a concern or if you are staying in the summer, I would ask for an east facing room.

There was another musical act scheduled for that night but thankfully it was more of a folk musician and we didn’t hear a thing.

Ice and vending machines along with the pamphlets of things to see/do are on the 2nd floor. Front desk staff was very pleasant

The Moore is convenient to everything – shops, restaurants, cafes, attractions and more. The one area we were a bit concerned with is reading about the homeless in the area. Yes, they are everywhere in the city but you also see security personnel in their yellow vests all over. We were never bothered by anyone and the only homeless we saw near the hotel was a statue of one laying on a bench a couple of doors down.

I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone unless amenities like room service and AC are a priority. We will definitely stay here again – especially when you can stay 2-3 nights for the price of one night anywhere else!

Room Tip: East facing rooms will be quieter if there is a show at the theater and will not have the sun heating up the room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Herfnerd
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Spent 1 night at the older hotel before departing on a cruise. Our room was spacious and clean. Bathroom had toilet, sink and shower. Elevator worked without difficulty. We took the light rail from Sea-Tac airport to downtown Seattle for $3 per person (each with luggage and backpack). The walk from Westchase light rail station was only a few blocks uphill to The Moore. Room only cost us about $150, staff was helpful and gracious. The coffee shop next door offered light breakfast fare which was very good. It you need luxury hotel skip The Moore Hotel, but for clean room 1 night walking distance to Cruise Port it was perfect for us. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: No A/C but windows open and it was plenty cool in September, plus 2 small fans in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Alice L
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Based on the recommendation of a friend, I booked the Moore Hotel. My first disappointment was that they did not accept American Express. I realized the rooms did not have air conditioners, but I did expect clean windows, which they did not have. My request to clean what looked like blood by the toilet roll holder and to clean the air vents in the bathroom which were thick with dust was not attended to. (I cleaned off the blood myself because it was so stomach churning to look at). Our room was above the concert hall so we could hear the music well.

I don't find $170/night inexpensive. The location was good, but it is not the only hotel in the area. I will find another spot for my next trip.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends