“An absolute gem, close to everything”
Review of Moore Hotel

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Moore Hotel. First of all it was the most economical hotel I found when doing my search. We paid $135 for a 5-room suite, a price no other hotel in the downtown core came even close to. Also, the location was fabulous. We could walk to all the major downtown attractions, most being just a few blocks away. It was clean. It offered a real mix of old and modern, i.e. a historical landmark, over 100 yrs old, yet our room was upgraded and decorated in an urban / modern / chic style. We stayed there twice, once before our cruise and again after. For one night only, we chose a smaller room, and it was just fine. For our 3-night stay, we chose a suite. It was very spacious: 5 rooms, 12 foot ceilings, and tastefully decorated. All the front desk staff were 100% service-oriented. It didn't matter what we needed or what questions we asked, they were there to help. I would recommend the hotel to anyone willing to exchange new accommodations for the charm of an older hotel. We loved it, and if we ever return to Seattle, we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter with minimum street noise.
1  Thank Linda R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Moore on three get-a-ways to Seattle. We love this somewhat quirky, friendly, affordable and well located hotel! During our last trip we took a shared bath room for a night and it worked out great so if that's the only room they have available don't be concerned. While the place shows it's age with some cracked plaster it is clean and well enough appointed. The location is very good and is within walking distance of Pike Place, Pioneer Square, the Space Needle and Bell Town. The coffee shop in the lobby is excellent too. Be sure to take the staff's advice about parking which can be the only tricky part of staying here. Speaking of staff they were most helpful with where to go, what to see and how to get there. They also allowed us to store our bags at check out so we could explore a few hours more. As for the quirky part we love the leopard print carpet on some floors and look for unique art work like the poor lady trying to hold the elevator door open on the third floor!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to share a bath.
2  Thank Rufusbob
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I spent three days at the Moore Hotel and I didn't want to leave! I stayed in room 728, the room was clean and comfortable! The beds were very comfortable I slept like a baby every single night. The tv had plenty of channels! Our room had a little kitchen, it had a fridge, stove, microwave, plates and silverware! The bathroom was also nice and clean. We were down the street from Pike Market. We walked down and had piroshki piroshki pastries every morning (BEST apple cinnamon roll I've ever had). I'll warn you about the elevator, it's probably the slowest, smallest elevator I've ever been on, so if you have a thing about elevators take the stairs. Another thing, try not to walk around after it gets dark, there are a few homeless people around there, if you do go out take a cab back to the hotel just to be safe lol. However, I highly recommend this place. If you don't mind old, awesome, historic buildings you will not regret staying here. Ps. Order a Mexican mocha at the Moore cafe, you will love it!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Maria T
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Lots of character, walking distance to main attractions. Really impressed with the friendly staff, one of whom was especially accommodating seeing that we were exhausted from an overnight flight. Shared bathrooms for European style rooms were clean. There is only one elevator so we just took the elevator up with our luggage and used the stairs the rest of the time (better for our health anyway!) o and the coffee shop downstairs is fantastic - talented baristas who draw pictures in the top of your coffee.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmLouLove
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed after arriving back from a cruise. When checking in the afternoon person was ok and helped with directions. The morning staff at check out seemed more polished. We'd asked at time of on-line reservation to have quiet room - we were on 7th floor and facing street. It did finally quiet down around 8p.m. or so and start again early in the morning to have bus traffic. We didn't find it a quiet room. Window openings don't have screens - & seem to be single pane glass. We didn't open the windows. No in room coffee, but coffee shop next door and a place that sells waffles.
It is convenient to get to Pike Place Market - just a couple of blocks. The elevator is very very slow. The room was clean and a number of cable channels on tv to chose from. Bathroom ok, a shower not shower/tub combo. There was shampoo and soap.
We chose this hotel because of price and closeness to the Market so it met our expectations.

1  Thank joeyillinois
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my first time visiting Seattle and since I prefer to not mess with a car while traveling location is a strong consideration. My spouse and I chose the Moore because of the price, which was far below other hotels in the immediate area. We had originally booked the "European Style" room, which is essentially a fancy way of saying that you share a bathroom with other people on the floor. Neither of us mind this setup, especially to the tune of a 35$ per night savings. However, we we arrived we were actually upgraded to a room with a private bath at no additional cost. Sure, out window looked straight out at a brick wall, but this honestly kept the noise from the street down (with the exception of the occasional garbage truck in the alley). The room was bare-bones, but spacious. Our bathroom had a very old tub/shower, which was neat and had no operational issues. There was no place to really sit your shampoo and the life, but the top of the toilet worked just fine. The room had a very large closet, probably the largest I've ever seen in a standard hotel room. If anything, it almost felt like the room was too big and didn't have enough furniture in it. The bed was comfortable and the TV was a modern flat-screen Samsung. Aside from the good sleeping quarters and great price, the staff was absolutely amazing. From the first moments to the last they provided us with food suggestions, transit help, etc. The cleaning staff did a nice job as well and were friendly in the few interactions we had with them. Overall, I definitely recommend the Moore if you are one of those people who doesn't expect much more from a hotel than a clean and safe place to sleep. There didn't seem to be many bells and whistles and I believe the entire hotel is serviced by one ice machine on the second floor. That being said, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be staying at the Moore Hotel again when we returned, the money and time saved by doing so this time allowed us to see a lot more of Seattle!

1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel and were very pleasantly surprised. We would absolutely stay here again in the future. Rooms are nicely sized; clean; and what a fantastic location for the price! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I had an odd experience with staff. The man who checked us in was incredibly accommodating and nice. The next morning during check out a woman at the front desk was rude and unprofessional. So I can't speak well about our experience with staff.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends