“Not a bad place, but not a good experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Kennewick, Washington
“Not a bad place, but not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Moore Hotel was and was not what I was expecting. The room itself wasn't bad, although it didn't look like the pictures on their website. I appreciate older buildings so having a room that was not so perfect because of older fixtures and a bathroom with 50 coats of thick paint on the walls doesn't bother me. One good thing about the place was that It is in a good location if you are staying in the area to walk around the city. Its literally 2 blocks from Pikes Market and you can pretty much walk the whole pioneer square area in a day.
The bad experience I had was with the quality of people that seemed to stay at the hotel. I had a group of people in the room next to me that were being excessively noisy. At about 10 pm I had enough and went down to the lobby and told them the situation. The guy at the desk told me that their quiet hours started at 11:30, but he would call them and ask them to quiet down. I didn't like the idea that their "quiet hours" were at 11:30. If I am paying for a room I expect quiet hours to be all day long. The noise continued to get worse and I woke up several times during the night because of them. At 3 am I woke up again to them fighting and yelling at each other in the hallway, slamming doors and cussing up a storm. Not something I wanted to listen to or have my girlfriend have to listen to on our valentines weekend. I once again went to the lobby and there were already about 6 or 7 people in the lobby complaining about the same people. Nothing was done and the noisy people were still there in the morning.
Another complaint, the entry doors to the lobby from the outside are pieces of junk. It took a fair amount of effort just to get the door to open. My girlfriend couldn't open it herself and we both had to push on it. An elderly couple would have a hard time trying to open the door, if they could even get it open.
Needless to say, I was not impressed with the Moore Hotel. The only thing it has going for it is its decently priced and it has a downtown location. I think if something had been done about the excessively noisy and rude people next door to me, my experience would have been a lot better, but being that nothing was done to evict these people and no discounts or other rooms were offered to the complaining customers, I have to give this place a 2 star for lack of effort to make their customers happy and willing to come back, because I sure wont go there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Trem1200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wanted to love the Moore Hotel, and for the most part I really did- especially for the price. However this hotel did have a few drawbacks.

Let's start with the positives. Location- brilliant. 1 block from Pikes Place with tons of shops, restaurants and of course the water. If you go 1 block the other way you are at the Seattle train which takes you right to the airport. A block further and you're in the shopping district with restaurants, stores, theaters and even the monorail which takes you to the Space Needle. This is the area to stay in Seattle. The price as I said can't be beat. If you are on in budget and want to save money to see the sights of Seattle, then this hotel is for you. The Moore is very clean and the staff are unbelievably friendly. I was greeted with a smile and hello each time I step foot in the door.

Now, being that this is an older hotel- there are a few issues that come with the age of the building. One problem I had was the noise from the streets. I had anticipated this while booking and requested a room on a higher floor to which they accommodated but I could still hear the street noise below fairly loudly, so this is just something to be aware of. Perhaps request a room on a quieter side of the building or a room not facing the street. The rooms, while small, are still cozy and the beds are pretty comfortable. I did not see a thermometer however, and the temperature in the room seemed to vary from night to night. My main issue however, but not a very big one, was in the bathroom. The ceiling appeared to be cracking which is just more of a cosmetic disturbance really- but the showers are far too old. Being a 6'1 male, it was very difficult and frankly uncomfortable for me to take a shower. The shower head is made for someone no taller than 5'5, so I had to literally squat down while showering. Also the water pressure was extremely weak and even when I had the water turned to hot.. it was merely warm at best.

Despite these (very small) issues I would still return to the Moore. The positives far outweigh the negatives, especially when you're goal is to simply enjoy the sights of Seattle and not spend the entire time lounging around a hotel room. I will recommend this to any of my friends who plan on staying in Seattle.

Room Tip: MUCH cheaper if you book through the hotel's website. Request a room up high to avoid street noi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
16 Thank KevRitch
Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I spent about three nights here in June 2013. We had never been to Seattle before and wanted to make sure we were in a central location. The Moore Hotel fit the bill perfectly. From the Moore, it is an easy walk to Pike Place Market, restaurants, shops, and the monorail taking you straight to the Space Needle is only a few blocks away, easily walkable. It is also very close to a subway station that will take you straight to the airport. We did the walk with our luggage when it was time to leave and had no problems at all.

The hotel itself is a great value. The rooms are basic, but clean. The building itself has lots of character which adds a nice touch. For those of you who want more than your typical run of the mill chain, this place has your name on it. The service at the front desk was great when we checked in. Even though we got there late, they were cheerful and spent time talking to us about what we wanted to do in Seattle, and gave us some great suggestions as well.

So, to sum it all up, fantastic location, excellent value, friendly service. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cromulentia
Watertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed 5 nights over the New Year holiday.Great value. Excellent location. The room was clean and simple.The staff was super helpful, especially Tracy who helped my husband sort out our plane tickets when I got sick on our last day. If we ever visit Seattle again I would stay at the Moore and have already recommended it to friends who travel.Cute little coffee shop off of the lobby and a seriously funky but cool bar next door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ginny R
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

A stayed at the Moore many years ago and thought it would be fun to revisit for a night. Both times I stayed in a “European” style room which means the shared toilets and showers are down the hall. The hallways have recently had a very stylish renovation which are very nice. The room I stayed in was still stuck in the 1990’s as far as furniture is concerned. My room was very large but sparsely furnished, which really didn’t bother me. The walk in closet is bigger than some of the rooms I’ve stayed in while in Europe. Think steamer trunk storage sized.

A large room is nice, but the much more important factor is the cleanliness of a hotel room and my room was spotless. The toiletries supplied were on the lower end, so if that matter to you, bring your own. The shared bathrooms were also very clean. They are locked and only the guests staying in the European style rooms have a key, so they aren’t used by the other guests.

The area could be considered sketchy, however I’m a single woman and I had no problem walking around during the day and early evening.

I only stayed for one night this time, but I could have stayed for much longer. This is a great, clean budget hotel which I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelingTrixieBelle
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I go to Seattle a lot and i can't believe it took me this long to stay at the Moore. The location is perfect - balanced between downtown and Belltown and a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. The hotel itself is historic and is fairly simple, but cozy. The people working there were very nice and helpful. My room had a private bathroom, but there were also rooms with shared baths. The room was basic, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was fine, although the shower is not ideal for taller people, but that is my only (very minor) complaint. For the price, this place is terrific and i will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank drnorth
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night after a concert at Paramount theater.
his hotel is about 100 years old, and has a lot of character. The room has an actual key, which the front desk happily held for us while we were out on the town. (rather than run the risk of losing it!) The decor of the hotel was eclectic and charming.
We ended up parking about a quarter mile away because I wanted secure, covered parking. But I recommend calling ahead because the Moore may have parking which is closer.
The room was simple, with a bed, tv and a chair.
The bathroom was well updated and had brand new sink/fixtures and was very clean.
There was a clawfoot tub, and while it was cute, I did not like it. It was not balanced, and the tub wobbled. It was hard to keep the shower curtain from touching you. Finally, it is high off of the ground. Getting in and out of the tub would be difficult for elderly or anyone with physical limitation.
Overall, the hotel is very basic, but the price is good and it works just fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple