“Loved it”

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here while in Seattle visiting a friend for four nights. It was cheap, it was clean, it was well maintained, and the decor was super fun. It's a basic hotel without a ton of amenities but the staff was very friendly and the price and condition were absolutely right. I've just recommended it to a friend who will be in Seattle in January!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank peopleishalleat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We spent one night here prior to a cruise, the location is excellent. Very close to the centre of town and also Pike place market allowing us to fit heaps into our 24 hours here. This is not a fancy hotel but it was comfortable, clean enough and I enjoyed the historic touches such as the free standing bath with dramatic curtains on each side. Service was friendly and helpful. We slept very well which was just what we needed after travelling from Australia that day. Reasonable pricing.

Room Tip: Be careful of the big opening windows with children on high floors. I loved being able to open the w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brisbanekidz
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My travel companion and I ended a 10 day backpacking trip in the Olympic Penninsula with an overnight stay at the Moore Hotel. We opted for the european plan (shared bathroom). The staff at the front desk were all excedingly helpful and friendly, and went out of their way to welcome two somewhat bedraggled and smelly (!) guests. The hotel has been renovated and is a nice period piece, low key and tasteful. The room was small, but with high ceilings, a very comfortable bed, and a sink, with adequate storage area. There were two bathrooms down the hall, one with a shower, and we never had to wait to use either. (I think each wing has a couple of bathrooms). We stayed, as suggested by the staff, in an upper floor in the back, as there was construction on the front side across the street. It was quiet, except for the normal "elderly hotel" sounds, which were actually pretty soothing. There is a very nice coffee/snack bar off the lobby, where we breakfasted. Both the staff there were also very friendly and outgoing, coffee was excellent, and croissants tasty. The hotel has a deal with a parking garage a block away, so that was cheap. Walking to Pike Street took all of 5 minutes, and the neighborhood adjacent to the hotel was also interesting, and less frenetic. Highly recommended to those on a budget.

Room Tip: Oops, don't know if they have a fitness center - the walk to and from the waterfront is pretty a...
1  Thank Sgteasy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Upon arriving at Moore you will find the lobby nice and welcoming. For as big as the hotel is there is only 1 front desk staff member at anytime. We checked in OK and figured out parking. The carpet in the room just looked so old and slimy that you don't want to take your shoes off. The bed basically has a sheet a on it with a very thing blanket. I called down to the front desk to request a blanket and they said to ask the maid that was down the hall. I go down and ask her and she said she would bring it right to my room and then NEVER showed up. So I sent my husband down to get us extra blankets. I think all the rooms had only double beds and my husband and I normally sleep on a king so we opted to not hit each other in the face all night and sleep separate so that isn't very romantic. Oh wait!! Once we got settled in we wanted to watch some TV on the oldest smallest TV I have ever seen. Not a flat screen but an old small box TV. To top it off the remote doesn't work. I call the front desk and they tried to give us the code to program it and when that didn't work they said they would send someone up. Once we went out and got some lunch and came back to meet up with friends no one had fixed our remote so I saw some Tech guy working out in the hall and I asked him to help us with the remote. He couldn't fix it so he said he was going to get another remote. If he didn't show back up I was about to pitch a fit. Luckily we came back from dinner and he had fixed the TV. The beds are lumpy and the pillows are so thin that your neck hurts by the time you leave. The shower was junk. It took me 10 minutes to even get the temp of the water where I wanted it to be and then I would get in and it would go ice cold or so hot it was burning! The shower was so small you could barely turn around and I wear a size 6 so I know it isn't me! The location is not the best. When we were walking to get our car in the parking garage a heroine addict dumped all of her needles out on the street and was trying to pick them up and we had to walk around the mess (that was a first for me). I was nervous walking back to the hotel at night. I was not impressed with this location and would not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrookeBarbara
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having read some good and some bad I booked the Moore with some trepidation. I needn't have worried. Granted this hotel does not have the usual trappings of a four star but it had everything iI needed and Moore. It is an historic hotel opened in 1907 and built by a Canadian from Nova Scotia. The hotel is in a perfect location and close to the market. We were able to walk everywhere in no time. The front desk staff was welcoming and very efficient. We arrived quite early and had no problem storing luggage while we saw the sights. When we did check in , the room was spotless. We had windows open and apart from the odd siren, the neighbourhood is quiet at night. We had good wi fi free of charge. The coffee shop just off the lobby was excellent. If you need a clean, friendly place to act as a base for Seattle exploration I recommend it. Also, looking at other hotels in the area, this is the bargain of bargains.

3  Thank Raymondocanuck
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great location. Reasonable price. This hotel offers what you need for your visit. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If your looking to stay in a place with some history....this is it! I would not hesitate recommending this hotel.....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We chose the Moore Hotel because of its convenient location in downtown Seattle. We could park our car in the parking garage near the hotel (there is a reasonable charge for parking) and see all the sights of Seattle using public transportation. The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The building is old, but the rooms are quite comfortable and clean. Comfortable beds. We were very happy with our choice and would stay there again.

1  Thank lfmonroe2