“Nice and Inexpensive”
Review of Moore Hotel

Moore Hotel
Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at The Moore for one night and were pleased with the accommodations. We arrived early afternoon via shuttle from the airport and they were able to check us into our room immediately. It was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The claw foot bathtub was nice at the end of an afternoon walking all over town. The staff were friendly and quick to answer any questions we had.

I only gave it a very good rating, because we arrived on a very warm day, and as stated by other reviewers, there is no A/C. We opened the window and turned on the fan we found in the closet. By the time we returned that evening, it was comfortable enough. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here with my dad and I have to admit, we were both a little worried from the outside. It's attached to a concert venue and looks a little old and seedy from the outside. Once we got in though, the lobby was just as you would expect from a typical hotel. The elevators are very small so you might have to make a couple of trips if you have a large party or luggage. The hallways and piping on the ceilings as you make your way to your room are something right out of a horror film, but don't be worried! Honestly, it just added to the charm of the place. We were REALLY pleased once we got to our room. There were windows overlooking the street below with convenient ledge seating for people-watching. The best part though was the KITCHEN! Full stove, mini fridge, oven, and sink, we couldn't ask for more! The bedroom was also spacious and AWESOMELY decorated with vintage photos of James Dean and Elvis (by this point I was in LOVE with the Moore Hotel). We had two beds, one full and one single. The single bed is a little small and narrow, but I'm pretty small so it was all good.

In addition to the room, you can't get a better location than this. It's just 2 minutes away from Pikes Place, where all the action is (and a Doc Martens store!). The area immediately outside the hotel doors is a little shady, but just don't go walking around alone at night and you'll be just fine!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lilfoot921
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was built in 1907 and re done well. Parking is around the corner and was very reasonable compared to other down town hotels. The font desk does not seem want to move to fast. Wake up calls were 3 hrs to early. Their attention does not reflect the usually great service we get in USA rooms very clean as was the hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Past reviewer described it as " bare bones" others "basic" but if HUGE and clean rooms are your thing then you won't be disappointed . We had 2 queen beds and the bathroom was spotless. There is an ice machine but no mini fridge or coffee facility but hey ladies (or guys) I'm sure partners won't mind a quick trip downstairs to the Moore coffee house for take away!! Check in was efficient and friendly and we were directed to a mini mart and great bar only a block away. There is no air con but you can open the windows and feel a breeze coming up from the water. Also if you are on the top floor (7) you can see the water!! We were on New York time so I really got to experience "sleepless in Seattle" amazing!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The worst thing is the parking. Parking is close (about a block away), but the street restrictions (temporary no turns at rush hour) make navigation difficult. Everything else is great! The rooms are different, but always spacious, clean and comfortable. They are about 2 blocks from Pike Place Market, and a little further to the waterfront and restaurant row. The staff has been friendly and helpful whenever I visit (about every 3 years with my groups). They can stash your bags behind the desk while you grab breakfast and wait for a cab/shuttle. If there is anything else negative to say, I guess it's that the elevator is a bit small and slow - take it up to your room, and take the stairs back down. The parking thing earlier - it was at the end of the day and I was tired.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor have less street noise. But it's not bad even on lower streets.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel and I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was pretty bare bones, but for the price it would be hard to beat. The bed was comfy and the room was clean, so not too much more I could have asked for on that aspect. The hotel is located within walking distance to many attractions (Pike Place, The Needle, The Waterfront, Pioneer Square, etc.) so I didn't find it difficult to park my car for a few days in the parking garage. Also, many bus routes are easy to get too from this hotel, as well. It was actually pretty warm in Seattle the days I was there which was problematic for comfort at night. The room had no A/C and it was pretty uncomfortable temperature wise. The first night I left the window open to help keep the room cool and I regretted that. My room was on the street side and there was a ruckus going on quite frequently throughout the night. Welcome to the big city. Thankfully I found a fan in the room closet the next day and I used that instead of keeping the window open. Another plus, in my book, was the coffee shop located right next door to the hotel. The couple who were serving up my morning brew were super nice and it was a better alternative to one of the Starbucks. All-in-all I would definitely recommend staying here. Easy on the pocket book, great starting point for wherever you want to wind up in Seattle, and clean, comfortable rooms (unless you need A/C).

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to be staying at this hotel when the weather is warm you might want to try t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wow! Thanks to Tripadvisor, I think I found a new favorite hotel in Seattle and it is cheap and centrally located. Walked from the light rail to the hotel. About 2 blocks. About 3 blocks from Pike's Market. It's an old building, but they have fixed it up so nice. We had a skeleton key to our room ( loved it), there was no air conditioning, had a big tube TV, not a lot of room in the bathroom, the elevator was very small but these things did not bother me at all, because I was staying in a hotel that is a piece of history. You don't really need air conditioning in Seattle anyways. We went in July and they have a small fan you can turn on it you want to. We did and it worked great. The TV had all the channels you could want or need. We all just get spoiled with the HD flat screens. They have radiator heat for when it gets cold. I would like try that some time. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were clean. We had a bathroom in our room. Loved the claw foot bathtub. Had hot water and great water pressure. They don't have breakfast in the morning, however there is a coffee shop next door. The only complaint that I would have is that you can hear the people above you really well. We only had that problem the first night. I will definitely stay here again as long as the people I'm traveling with are willing to experience a little history too. Thanks Moore Hotel for being a great place and so inexpensive. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family