“Pretty basic & clean”

and 1 more site!
Moore Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is not for everyone. If you only need a clean place to crash, it does do the work.
Pros: - Clean, kudos to housekeeping crews!
- Close proximity to Pike Market, light train station to airport, and tourist attractions.
- Good bed.
- Reasonable price.

Cons: - No A/C. We got 7th floor room facing 2nd street. Because of this, I had to open the
window all the time. The noise from the homeless shelter next door + the bar kept
me awake all night. Our visit was in May when the weather was mild.
- Super tiny TV (tube).
- The surrounding area, near the hotel, is a little depressing. Lots of homeless people
are hanging out around the vicinity day and night.

The staffs are a mixed bag.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KatherineSJ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights here and there are many pro's & con's.
The hotel is in a brilliant location, a short walk from both the train station (caught train direct from the airport), the monorail is minutes away & the best thing its by Pikes Place.
Check in is 4pm, not great but you can leave your bags in the storage but even after 4pm we were told the room wasn't ready. Finally got in & found chewing gum stuck to the top of the bed post but the rest of the room was ok. Wifi on every floor, asked 3 different people what the code was, given 3 different ones & none worked, luckily it did in reception.
Slept well (with ear plugs) so I would consider staying again due to its location.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The only thing that was good about was the location. The wi-fi in the room didn't work, tv was an old 19 inch tv and the shower stall was very small. As the location is nice, it is noisy as there is no air conditioning and it was hot so we had to open the window.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was clean but Spartan. There was only one very uncomfortable (non-cushioned) chair in the room – no desk, no desk chair, no sofa, etc. The wi-fi did not work in the room – the fault apparently being mine (because my room was not located sufficiently close to the router) and not the hotel’s (for not having installed a router with sufficient range to reach all the rooms in the hotel). The decor of the hotel was off-putting – with the hallway rugs being of an animal skin design and interspersed with black and red lace curtains that one had to part in order to traverse the length of the hallway. Apparently the building was built before there was electricity and running water, as all the pipes are exposed in the rooms. The hotel is, however, conveniently located to downtown; the front-desk staff were helpful and pleasant; and, as indicated above, the room was clean.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Moore hotel is one of the most professional, helpful, and generous hotels I've ever stayed at in my 7 years as a travel professional.

My fiancé and I were going to Seattle the weekend of June 22nd, 23rd to celebrate our friend's wedding and found that The Moore had some of the best rates in town. Everything we saw online was promising and for the location the rate couldn't be beat. So we reserved a standard Private bath room at the lowest available rate.

The friday of our arrival I called The Moore 8 hours before our plane landed in SEA to ask if there would be anything they could do as a nice surprise ahead of our arrival. I was asking for a bottle of wine on ice, or some flowers, something simple and of course how much that would cost me.

When my fiancé and I arrived I had no idea what we were in store for.

As we go to check-in the front desk receptionist said that the manager Mike had upgraded us to the finest room at The Moore. She played it off by just saying she didn't know why it happened :-)

Not only did we arrive to what had to have been a 800+ Sq Ft Suite on the highest floor of the hotel, but also I found a bottle of wine with the hotel's compliments waiting on the table.

This room had 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, a living room, 2 bedrooms, a fully stocked kitchen, and the views...well the views were breathtaking.

The generosity of Mike and all of the wonderful people at The Moore truly made our stay unforgettable. I know that each and every time I return to Seattle I will be staying at The Moore.

It's those establishments that go out of their way not to turn a profit, but to make someones trip magical that are worth staying at again and again.

It's those establishments that prove there's still good in the world, that there are still those who care about others.

The Moore Hotel is one of those establishments, The Moore Hotel is where we left our hearts in Seattle.

Thank you Mike and everyone at The Moore, we will never forget it.

~Gene

Reviewed June 24, 2013

You get what you pay for. No frills, but a unique value just steps from Pike's Place. Also on the outskirts of Belltown, an up and coming area within Seattle.
The front desk is very helpful, especially Tracy. She called for an Orange Cab and was twice told it was on the way. She came out to the street concerned when she saw us still awaiting the cab. She then called a Yellow cab, which came within minutes. Moral- don't take Orange Cabs.
We'll definitely stay again at the Moore.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private bath. Room 524 also has a view of the sound!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This "cheap and cheerful" small historic hotel (used to be a theater) is two blocks from the "Public Market" fish and flower market. The price was less than $100 for an overnight stay, sans
breakfast. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were small, very small shower stall with just a squeeze bottle of liquid shower gel/shampoo. 10 year old granddaughter was very disappointed in the hotel, what can I say? She definitely is my son's daughter. I loved the location and the price. After all, this grandmother prefers a clean, conveniently located place to sleep and shower before our Alaska cruise.

Room Tip: We spent a Thursday night and the streets were very quiet - although perhaps a higher level floor mi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family