1,148 results
All reviewsshared bathroompike place marketgreat locationsmall fanno air conditioningprivate bathtwo blockssmall elevatorclawfoot tubspace needlebudget hoteleuropean stylean older hotelwestlake stationlight railstreet noisequeen bed
Reviewed June 23, 2013

First off, this is not the Westin or Ritz Carlton. There is no mini-bar, mini fridge, microwave, bathrobes, free in room wifi (ok, maybe some floors have it) most rooms have no showers or toilets. Heck, there isn't any A/C! It got a little warm I the room during the day but at night it was very nice. The shared bathrooms are very clean! Rooms were clean and bigger than I had expected. TVs were small but they had cable. Plenty of towels and soaps. They give you a little fan you can put up by the window to get ventilation, it's a little noisy but it helps me sleep actually. I think you have to pay to park, what do you need a car for anyway? Public Transit in Seattle is excellent and you should use it. I would definitely stay here again if I come to Seattle again. The in shower rooms are nice but the shared bathrooms are a good option if you want to save a few bucks. Don't think about it too much, book the room already!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the alley if you want quiet and less street noise. Get a room facing street if you want the downtown view but it may be noisier. If you have something that must be kept cold, staff will put it in their fridge.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The location is great, 2 block from the Pike place, close to restaurants. The hotel is very basic, but clean. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. We didn't hear street noise, but the walls were so thin, I could hear all the conversation in the next room loud and clear! I supposed the price was good for downtown Seattle. Stay here if you are on a budget and do not ask for too much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eva L
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I found this a low-budget hotel to be dressed up with a few frills. Unfortunately, it turned about to be the worst part of my road trip in the north-west. If you have a bit extra to spare, I would spend more to go for a better hotel (both location and type).

Yes, the room was large and the beds good, and looked attractive at first glance, but then it was really downhill from there for me.

The biggest issues were the noise and lack of a fridge. I had stupidly relied on other comments which indicated that while standard rooms did not include fridges, you could organise one. This was incorrect, and proved a pain in the butt when you're on a self-catered road trip and have stuff you need to store in a fridge.

The noise was not just the street noise, which I think would have been fine, but then a Yahoo bus parked itself down on the street and its excessively noise generators were going for 24 hours - coupled with the rock concert they put on next door. No earplugs could cut the sound or vibrations out.

While the bathroom was cute in an old fashioned way, the tub and curtain just proved annoying, as to having nothing to put soap on, just the toilet seat. A complete lack of shelving in general made it very user un-friendly.

Also be warned that no help is offered with getting luggage onto the premises - including simple courtesy of ensuring doors are open.

The old-style key into the room barely worked (took quite a while to get in, or get out and lock). Guess that could help with safety?

Location was good, but wouldn't have cared if I was another few blocks away in any direction. I left exhausted and desperate to get away.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, just be prepared.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank to513
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The only reason why I am not giving this 5 starts is because it's old. You use an acutal key to get in and out of the room, had an old bathtub that you had to climb over to use, the elevator is a tad creepy, but other than that..It was what I needed. I looked at reviews for months and months and to find a place that is not very expensive was hard. This place was great for the price that I had to pay for where I stayed.

I walked to the Space Needle (15 minutes), I walked to Pikes Place (minutes away) and the parking garage you park in is only a one block walk. It's normally $35, but get the validation from the front desk and you pay only $15.

Pulling up in front, dropping your stuff in your room, moving your car to the garage was painless. Was some shady folks in the streets, but thats because of where we were not because of the hotel. Heads up, there are some red light camaras around that area/my gps was going crazy.

Just keep an open mind when your walking around and don't stare at your cellphone.

Hope this helps!

1  Thank bstnldy
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel is in great location, just a short walk to Pike Place Market. The price is great in which many hotels in Seattle are expensive. This is absolutely a steal! Stayed there for 4 nights for pleasure. Great room but don't expect a luxury accommodation, it was a clean with basic TV and no AC. You can open the window if it hot. You can get breakfast in Moore Café just the next door. No hesitation, I'm going to stay there again!