1,148 results
All reviewsshared bathroompike place marketgreat locationsmall fanno air conditioningprivate bathtwo blockssmall elevatorspace needleclawfoot tubbudget hoteleuropean stylean older hotelwestlake stationlight railstreet noisequeen bed
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The Moore Hotel is in a great location- two blocks from Pike Market (great for breakfast!) and Westlake light rail station as well, making it easy to reach from SeaTac. It was about a 15 minute walk to Seattle Center and the museum district. We were able to spend three days here without a vehicle. And, if you need one, Hertz is six blocks away, so we were able to just walk over to pick up a car for the rest of our visit to Washington. I did overhear the desk clerk say that they don't have onsite parking but have a deal for $15 a day for guests at an adjacent deck.

Our room was clean, sheets had been starched, but it was basic. There were a few creative touches like curtains in the hallways and some framed wall sized art in the halls. The lobby was pleasant with a Pottery Barn kind of vibe. No frills like a coffee maker, and you need to ask the desk for a blow dryer. As others have said, there is no AC, however, the window opened and it was pleasant weather during our stay.

Desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One suggested calling next time prior to booking through a hotel website as they would probably have given us a better rate. Good to know. She also told us the hotel was family owned.

Hotel has a quiet clientele, a good mix of Asian businessmen and tourists during our visit, and asks guests to adhere to quiet time in the evening. I guess the polite reminder worked because it is one of the most peaceful hotels I've ever stayed in.

The Moore Hotel reminded me very much of hotels we've stayed in in Europe. Clean, all the necessities, family run, well located, but not the Hilton. Thank goodness!!!

Seattle has a problem with homeless, mostly kids attracted by the novelty of the loosened drug policy, but I always felt comfortable around this hotel. But, I was with my husband. Area between Moore and Seattle Center is quite nice, pike market and southwards to the stadium area seems to be awash in drifters. Only a few stragglers in area of the hotel.

We enjoyed our three night stay here and would certainly recommend it to others who don't mind escaping the chain hotels for a while, and value a really good deal on a well located room.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank springlering
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I needed to take a quick business trip out here and didn't want to stay by the airport and have to rent a car or find transportation to get around. I was only staying here 2 nights (1 for business, 1 for pleasure). The office was located right downtown, so when looking at downtown hotels, I realized there's no way my company would authorize that expense. Then I stumbled upon reviews for the Moore Hotel.

First, I love charm. Second, I only sleep and shower in a hotel - nothing else. Third, did you see the prices?!? What an incredible find!! I hope they don't get smart and start raising their rates. The hotel is downright adorable. It's old. It's creaky. The elevator is tiny and slow. I love it! I opted for a room with a private bathroom. Make sure you double-check! The cheaper rooms mean you share the bathroom down the hall. The room was spacious with a big closet and gorgeous claw-foot tub! I had an updated room and found it to be extremely comfortable. The carpet was a bit old and the bed wasn't that great, but it was CLEAN and charming. For a solo traveler for 2 nights, it was perfect. There are no hair dryers in the bathroom, but the front desk has one you can borrow. You have a "real" key for the door - really cute. Some rooms are above the busy street. If that bothers you, ask.

Oh my goodness, the LOCATION. Literally a hop, skip, and jump away from Pike Place. Everything is pedestrian-friendly. Close to many attractions. I didn't get a cab once. Walked to the Space Needle. (It helped that the weather was gorgeous during my stay) The bus and light rail is very easy to navigate - I did this to get to the airport. I was able to check out on my last day and leave my stuff locked up behind the front desk so I could explore until my later flight. Hotel staff here are super friendly and accommodating.

Now, if there's a concert at the Moore next door, you could get some rowdy folks depending on who's playing. The staff do make you sign a "contract" pledging not to smoke "substances" while staying there. It is Seattle, after all. A few doors down is a public housing facility with a womens clinic. Don't be surprised to see unique characters coming and going. Not once did I fear for my safety. I wasn't out alone at night, though. (Common sense in any big city)

I would definitely stay here again and explore the city's nightlife with friends. The only reason I didn't rate it as excellent was because the bed was a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice, no frills hotel located super close to Pike Place and Belltown. Don't expect a flat screen TV, but I was pleasantly surprised that there was cable. Room was ok - no AC (we didn't need). We were on the 3rd floor and did have some noise from the street (folks arguing loudly on a weekend night). I think that the church right down the street must offer a food program or something as we saw people hanging out in the afternoons and evenings. Reservation and check-in process was very easy and pleasant. Also enjoy the offerings at the cafe next door. Will stay again when we are in Seattle!

Room Tip: Stay higher up to avoid the street noise. Be prepared for a smallish elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Top notch front desk staff. Superb friendly and genuine service. Hotel is a great location, rooms are clean, and again; staff make it so enjoyable. They provided bike storage for us and we felt really safe. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had the $85/night room. Everything worked fine except low water pressure in the shower. Comfortable bed and plenty of space in the room for your suitcase etc. TV is small but has many cable channels. Close to the link train station and major bus stops too. A few blocks away from the Public Market. I think the more expensive suite must be much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo