“Amazing”

Ranked #22 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
victoria
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Highly recommend the Mayflower Park. Stayed in a queen delux room two nights, (August 3rd and 4th) on the 10th floor. Beds are great, room very large. Could not hear people in the hallway or other rooms at all. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The bar is very cosy - and great food. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. It was everything and more than I expected. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
Oregon/Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel in late April 2007. We used to live in the area, so knew the location was prime. The hotel has a great reputation, so we decided to book our stay here and see for ourselves. We were not disappointed!

We had a room on the 3rd floor. Our room was quite large, and very comfortable. As we walked in the door, there was a large wet bar with a small refrigerator. Upon entering the main part of the room, there was a sofa and several chairs with ottomans as well as a large coffee table. A very useable seating area, which is not always the case in hotels. We had a king bed, and near the bed area was the large walk in closet (with bathrobes for our use) and the bathroom. The bathroom was a tad small, but not cramped. Everything was nicely appointed and extremely well maintained.

Our room looked out to the street towards the old Bon store (now Macy's), so at the holidays it would be a very nice view.

Our room was very quiet. We never heard noise from other rooms or from the street.

We did not have any meals at the hotel restaurant, but we did have drinks in the bar, Oliver's, several times. This place gets busy, so the wait for drinks can be a bit, but it was never very long.

We used the valet several times and they were always very quick.

Our visit was so enjoyable that while we were checking out, I booked another stay there for this fall for a girls week in the area. The room was beautiful and the location cannot be beat.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mtngrl
chicago, illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Well, the lobby is nice!! That's about all I can say that's positive. Our room was tiny and extremely noisy. We could hear every word in the conversation next door. Our bathroom was outdated, no room for our toiletries or anything else. So was the elevator... very slow and guests had to share the elevator with waiters, cleaning staff and maintenance staff carrying all kinds of equipment, etc., etc. One computer for the whole hotel, and NO privacy when using computer, staff sits right behind you looking at your computer screen!! Hotel is also right next to a park filled with homeless people. What more can I say... we were disappointed to say the least, and I would skip this place at all cost if returning to Seattle.

• Liked — The only thing I liked was the lobby!!!
  • Disliked — Rude staff. Tiny very noisy room. Outdated
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank scottsman321
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 16, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. But the place does have its pluses and minuses.

Positives-

1) Great service- as far as bellhops/valet, and housekeeping go. Getting the car was relatively quick, never a long wait (and supposedly the hotel was fully booked the time we were there) The room was always cleaned on a timely basis. One time we thought we lost our phone (after we had already come up the room) so the valet searched our car for us and even pulled our car up and helped us look for it again.

2) Location-Short walk to Pike Place Market and connected to the Westlake Center (monorail/stores/food court)

3) The king suite was spacious with a refrigerator and wet bar (convenient to bring back drinks since there is a Walgreens and Rite Aid about 2 blocks away), 2 tv's, and 2 thermostats (one for the bedroom and one for the sofa area)

Negatives-

1) Noise level-note from the other rooms but from the street below (Our room sat right at the corner of Olive and 4th) I don't know how it is from the higher floors (the hotel is only 12 stories tall) but being on the lower floors you will defintely hear road noise from buses and cars (worse if you open the window). If you are a light sleeper make sure you ask for a high room. The noise didn't bother me but I didn't need an alarm in the morning with all the buses passing by.

2)No safe in the room-I though all hotels had one

3)Only 2 elevators-Not really a big deal, but they are slow and the staff also use the same elevators so at times you will wait (but again not too bad unless you're impatient) and the elevator are on the small side

4)Not stroller friendly-there are 2 entrances into the hotel one of which is a flight of like 10 steps (the main entrance)so you have to use the other entrance on the other side. And the connection to the Westlake Center is on the Mezzanine Level where you also have to go up about 15 stairs. (and again the elevator is small.

5)Less chance of getting a good view-Remember there are only 12 floors and I think you have to be on the upper floors if you want to see the water or Space Needle. Compared to the Westin across the street which is super tall and I'm sure you have a better chance of getting a better view (I'm not too much into views so I was okay with looking at the street)

Overall I was very pleased with the room and the hotel and wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Liked — The king size bed (but I think only if you get a King Suite)
  • Disliked — The noise from the street below
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank sctrojan1
Portland, OR
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I have the luxury of having stayed in a suite here on someone elses dime. The suite had a king size bed, a day bed and a dining table. It's posh, and to tell you the truth this is where I would stay if I was a movie or rock star.

No complaints, doesn't get much better than this.

• Liked — Feeling like a millionaire
  • Disliked — Spending like a millionaire
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leftfisted
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed July 5, 2007

My boyfriend & I only had one night to stay in Seattle on our vacation to the Pacific NW. At first I was crushed because I had my heart set on the Inn at the Market & they were full. I knew I wanted to stay close to the Pike Street Market & I booked the Mayflower Park unsure of its proximity. It turned out to be perfect- well located in the downtown area, it was just a couple minutes walk from the Fairmont, Triple Door, and the Market. Plus, if you like shopping, Macy's is just across the street. We checked in relatively early (around 10 am) and the kind clerk informed us that he did have *a* room available but it was on a low floor; however, if we didn't mind waiting, he could get us on the 12th floor (highest). IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!! We had a perfect view of the Space Needle from our window! I booked a corner queen room because I read about the necessary extra room (only $7 extra with the AAA discount)- it was big enough for the two of us, esp just for one night. The bathroom wasn't much smaller than any other average hotel bathroom- a little aged, but fully functional. I liked the overall character of this historic hotel. Comfortable elegance :)

• Liked — Staff & view
  • Disliked — room was on the small side but to be expected for a city hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rainygale
SoCal
Reviewed July 2, 2007

This is a centrally located hotel that is a very good value. I have stayed in a number of hotels downtown and this is my favorite for the price The rooms were clean and in good condition and the staff was very courteous. Unless, you want to pay more for a room closer to the water for the views this is the best place to stay downtown.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bad gym
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business