“Perfect Hotel”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 9, 2007

This is a perfect hotel in a wonderful spot. Not only were the staff friendly and knowledgeable, but the room was terrific. It was very comfortable and had all the amenities. I will stay here anytime I am in Seattle and recommend it to all. Be sure and call the hotel and ask about specials. If you don't ask, they won't tell.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2007

Stayed four nights at Mayflower Park as part of a girls weekend. Can was a quick ride and $38 from airport. We boooked this hotel because it was near everything we were interested in.

Check in-I'd called ahead and told the front desk I was a light sleeper and would like a quiet room. I had a nice conversation with the girl and she said no problem, but when I arrived at my room, it was right next to the elevator. I went straight back and explained the problem. First I was told there were no other rooms, so I asked if I could pay extra for an upgraded room and I was told there were none. Finally I was given a quieter room, but with a view of a ugly brick wall. I made my request when I booked four months prior and called to confirm two days ahead so this shouldn't have been an issue.

Room-Very small but perfect for just me. I did find myself feeling abit closed in. The bath towels could have been nicer. The bed was fine. I slept great every night but better linens are always a plus-maybe Mayflower Park should invest in some. The walls were also very thin.

The housekeeping staff was wonderful. Had drinks and Bar snacks downstairs-wonderful and room service breakfast one day-wonderful and quick.

I gave this above average because I would stay again and I enjoyed the experience of a smaller hotel and not a big chain. I also was really close to everything I wanted. We walked constantly, Pike's Market, Pioneer Square (Teri Lyn at Bill Speidels Underground tour was the best), Capitol Hill, all the shops and restaurants in the CBD, ferries, etc.

I think this hotel is great for single travelers that enjoy something a little more elegant but keep in mind it is an old people with very thin walls.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Chellebell
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Mayflower Park Hotel is a great choice if you want something equidistant between the Space Needle and the basball/football arenas, as I did.
The needle is definitely walkable.
The stadiums are too, but are much longer.
Definitely leave 30-40 minutes for that walk.
Another thing that's very close is Pike Place Market. It's only a few blocks away.
Also, you're right next to all major shopping, tins of restaurants, Starbucks of course, and plenty of fast-food joints.
The staff was extremely friendly and I would easily stay there again. The rooms are pleasant. I had a classic room, and it was a touch small, but it's fine fine for one or two people.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank lovesports
Reviewed April 13, 2007

We stayed at the Mayflower Park hotel before departing on an Alaskan cruise and couldn't have been more pleased. We felt absolutely spoiled here--we had a lovely and spacious corner room with a view of the space needle (didn't even request it--lucky us!). This historic hotel's renovations were incredible. The bed linens were top quality, carpets were imaculate, wet bar area was a wonderful surprise and there must have been 4 sets of windows in the room at least. The marble bath was fantastic, as were the toiletries and the lighting. The staff was very helpful from the moment we stepped on the sidewalk until they loaded our bags in the cab the next day. Our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. We discovered in our room directory, a welcome pass to Macys with a percent off coupon, for being visitors to Seattle. We arrived from a very long flight and were exhausted but with limited time in Seattle we forced ourselves to get out of our comfy room to see the sights of Seattle. We were maybe 4 blocks from Pike Place Market, just around the corner from a mall, several restaurants, across the street from Macy's and maybe 6-10 blocks from the Space Needle. There is only one or two small elevators, but in a historic hotel, I had no problem--we maybe waited 2-3 minutes for a ride. We must have passed 3 Starbucks just on the short walk to Gordon Biersch brew pub (wonderful views of Seattle, great food and muted lighting were perfect after a long day of travel). We slept like rocks on our comfier-than-home bed and awoke very early the next morning (still being on eastern time) and luckily that worked in our favor. We grabbed a cuppa joe at (of course) Starbucks and walked down to Pike Place and watched the flower markets and food markets open and get ready for the day. We walked behind the marketplace to see the sound in the morning and then tucked back in to Pike to one of the best diners, The Atheneum. We ate a hearty breakfast for about $6 each with coffee/juice. The inside felt like a classic seaside diner with a counter and several (full) booths. Great views of the sound from the windows and very friendly staff. Just let us take our time to relax and enjoy the view and food--no rushing. We walked through a few shops and headed back to the room a few hours later to check out. As we were checking out the doorman arranged a cab, and hauled our bags for us. Cannot say enough nice things about Seattle or this hotel. A great city, clean, friendly laid back people and great weather. One thing we didn't take advantage of was the hotel restaurant or room service. The food smelled fantastic though.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhereWeGoinNext
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We stayed at the Mayflower Park for two nights over the Easter Long Weekend. We loved the location (right in the middle of shopping, restaurants and very close to Pike Place Market) and were impressed with the friendly car valet and very courteous and helpful front desk staff.
Rooms and bathrooms were not large but fit our needs just fine. I had looked at other nearby hotels and found the rates at the Mayflower to be very reasonable for the area.
We had a great time walking around Seattle and enjoyed eating at nearby restaurants expecially at Etta's Seafood & Assiago's. We also liked Bill Sepidel's Underground Tour in Pioneer Square.
When we checked out, we were asked if we wanted to leave our bags for a while. There was no fee for this and I thought that this was very thoughtful. It was nice to leave our car in the valet parking and our bags in the hotel while we took the underground tour and did some shopping before heading home.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindsPaul
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Wanting to take our 2 teenage kids to see another city, Seattle was next on our list. I decided to book 2 deluxe rooms at the Mayflower Park hotel based on its location and positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. We prefer to stay at hotels that have a local feel, rather than a corporate hotel. This hotel fit that bill.

Our rooms were nicely furnished. My husband and I had a corner room (I specifically requested because the deluxe ones are slightly larger). On the 10th floor we had a fun view of the Macy's marquee out one window and the Seattle Space Needle out the other. Our kids shared a double queen that had 2 seperate bathrooms! and an amazing picture view ot the Needle.
Having 2 bathrooms for the kids was a very pleasant surprise, because the bathrooms are not large. One of my few complaints about this hotel is the lack of vanity space and the very low water pressure (at least on the 10th floor.) I am not sure exactly how many rooms have this double bathroom feature, but I would ask about it if I were booking here again.

The hoitel is located right next to the Monorail to visit EMP and the Space Needle. We all enjoyed EMP. Views from the top of the Needle were gorgeous and we were able to see all the way to Canada and all of the surrounding snow covered mountains.

The Mayflower Park is very well located to ALL of the major shopping and just a few blocks from Pikes Place Market and lots of great places to have dinner. We really enjoyed Etta's Seafood.
It had a great Seattle vibe, and something for everyone.

Our best breakfast was sharing a bag of just fried dounut holes from a vendor at Pikes Place Market and coffee.

As I said before, I had few complaints. I do see room for improvement in two areas: better beds (they move ALOT when ever your partner moves) and larger bath towels would be nice.

My husband and I had cocktails down at Oliver's in the lobby. Nice bar. We did have a forgettable breakfast at the hotel and did not return to eat any other meals there. Having access to free wireless in our room was nice, too.

All considered it is a good, centrally located historic hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Jet Nag
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We spent four nights at the Mayflower in February 2007. We understand that the hotel was close to being torn down when it was rescued and completely renovated by a local group. It is now an independently-owned hotel in the style of upscale classic city hotels, entirely non-smoking and in the heart of downtown Seattle within several blocks of Pike’s Market. For those who shop, it is convenient to major chain stores (Macy’s, Nordstrom etc), and opens directly from the lobby into Westlake Center (an indoor multi-story shopping mall). Room costs vary and one can find bargain rates via the internet as we did.

Our room had two queen beds, a large desk with drawers for clothing, an armoire with TV above and more drawers below, a coffee maker (with regular and decaf coffee and tea provided). There was no mini-fridge – though we did not ask to see if one might be provided on request. The bathroom had a tub/shower and single sink, with 3 sets of thick towels (for two people). The décor was tasteful and attractive – dark wood Chippendale-style furniture in excellent condition, tasteful carpeting and drapes.

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I communicated with one concierge by email and phone and she responded quickly and fully to my questions about transportation from the airport. The concierge on duty during our stay responded to our queries with enthusiasm – calling a place we asked about visiting to make sure they would be open, making dinner reservations on our behalf, recommending another excellent restaurant and suggesting a theatre performance that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Transportation from the airport is available by taxi, shuttle, and Grayline hotel bus. The latter is by far the least expensive for one person traveling alone (less than half of the shuttle cost, and about a third of the taxi fare) but stops at the Westin Hotel which is a short 1.5 blocks from the Mayflower Park. The short walk is slightly uphill and is very easy with a small roll-on suitcase. The hotel has its own parking garage on site.

The hotel has an attractive bar and a restaurant, but no souvenir or other shop. For toiletries and the like, there is a drugstore a half block away from the Mayflower Park. For other items, there is the small but well-stocked gourmet Ralph’s Grocery & Deli about two blocks away from the hotel on 4th Avenue. Ralph’s has a good selection of local Washington state and other wines, cold beer, and makes sandwiches to order as well as selling other grocery items. The owner (Joe Cohen) is very knowledgeable and most helpful with choices of Washington state wine and port as well as other products in his store.

Stayed: February 2007