Mayflower Park Hotel
Motif Seattle(Seattle)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,404 results
All reviewslight railandaluca restaurantoliver's barpike place marketwestlake centergreat locationspace needlefull bathroomswithin walking distanceclassic hotelan older hotelmonorail stationdeluxe roomvalet parkingseatac airporthotel barheart of downtown
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very nice hotel, great location from the train and to sights. We were very pleased with eveything. The monring breakfast was delicious. We took the pre-cruise special that took us to the pier. If we went back to Seattle, we would not hestiate to stay there again.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Our first trip to Seattle was a good one. We got lucky with the weather (it never rained) and this heritage hotel helped it be a positive experience.

On check in we were initially a little disappointed that at 2 pm our room wasn't ready, the hotel didn't seem overly busy and as check out is 11 I had hoped that we would be able to get straight into our room after a lengthy flight. However as check in isn't listed as guaranteed until 4 pm we can't complain. The hotel took our number to call us when the room was ready and we headed off for the short walk to Pike Place Market. After a couple of hours the hotel never called us and this was typical of the staff there. Generally they were disinterested and for almost everything looked like too much trouble. The one exception to this was the concierge who was lovely, very friendly and helpful.

Once in our room it was very large and although slightly dated, clean and everything worked. As well as a large comfortable bed there was room for a sofa, chair and plenty of room to move around. In modern hotels the space would have been partitioned and called a suite. Given such a large room the bathroom was tiny and although the fixtures were in good order, the tiny size, at odds to the room itself, was somewhat uncomfortable. The door could barely squeeze closed past the toilet howeverI guess this is typical of older properties.

The hotel is well located next to the monorail stop and a short walk to the excellent light transit rail link which serves the airport as well as Union Square and the stadium area. I'd return for the location and the value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Hotel is nice and clean, but is really nothing special. The location is good for the centre of town and is close to the market if you want to visit there. The hotel itself didn't do anything to offend us but ...is just didn't feel as good as I expected. I think perhaps we are just more B&B people rather than hotel kinda people.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Stayed at the Mayflower with a family group in town for a wedding. In all we had 6 rooms, 3 generations.

The hotel is very well located and is a very nice small hotel. The rooms and the lobby appear to have been renovated fairly recently. The lobby is small but nicely appionted. The restaurant is very nice - reasonably priced with well above average food.

My wife and I requested a deluxe queen. The hotel only advertised that they had 3 types of rooms - Standard queen, Deluxe queen (larger) and Double queen. Upon arrival were were put into a King room (the clerk explained that they only have about a half dozen king rooms) Our room was very large - could have accomodated another King with adaquate walking room remaining. The double queen rooms appeared somewhat more cramped, with limited space next to the beds.

As is common in older hotels, electric outlets is a bit of a challenge. No extra power near the bed, and we had to rotate power supplies to keep a laptop, cell phone and blackberry's all charged. One significant negative is the very VERY small bathrooms. A tub, sink and camode with room to stand is all you get. Nice shampoo and conditioner in large wall mounted pump bottles in the shower, a bar of soap and towels. No extras. My mother in law complained that there was nowhere to hang a towel - the only towel bar is in over the bathtub.

The only other significant complaint is that the 2 very small elevators are inadaquate to service the 10 floor hotel. 4 - 5 minute waiting times were normal during peak hours. Each elevator can handle only 6 people at a time so arriving at the lobby to find 10 people waiting (happened more than once in our week long stay) resulted in an unacceptable wait.

One other point to note - the matresses are rather firm. Great for my wife, not so great for me.

I would probably stay here again, the location, amazing service and charm are worth the small bathroom. I would prearrange a 2nd or 3rd floor room however so I could avoid the elevators.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NinArizona
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I took my wife to Seattle for her bday and booked 2 nites in the Mayflower. Taking the Light Rail from SeaTac was a breeze, even if the train took 40 minutes; it drops you off on the same block as the hotel. The hotel is definitely well situated in the middle of all the action. The front desk personnel were very courteous and professional. We got a room on the 12th floor, right next to the elevator, which gave me pause -- I was concerned about noise, but decided not to object. To my chagrin, noise was a problem on the 2nd night, but not from the elevators, but from next-door guests. The hotel staff was thoughtful enough to send my wife a card and small box of chocolates for her bday which definitely brought a smile to her face. The room was clean and relatively small, as previously reported, and well appointed. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple