“A Gem in the Emerald City”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 25, 2006

As a special treat for my wifes birthday, I booked an overnight at the Mayflower Park. I had not seen anything about this hotel prior to visiting the 5th Ave Theatres website, which directed me to this hotel as part of their family of hotels in the area. I had already made reservations at the Fairmont Olympic, but decided to try the Mayflower Park. ( I was taken by the price difference of about 250 dollars/night)
From the moment we booked the room, to the time we left, we found the Mayflower Park to be an exceptional boutique hotel. I was first impressed by the lobby decor and lighting, and a front desk staff that was polite, welcoming and very efficient. we had a corner room which was smaller than an average room, but very very clean and delightful. It reminded us of some very good hotels we stayed in Paris, but half the cost.
Dinner at Andalucas was remarkable. The ambiance, impeccable service, friendliness and price were all well within the range of excellent. I had the quail, which I must add, was fantastic.
After seeing "White Christmas" at the 5th Ave Theatre (beautiful show and theatre) we walked back to the Mayflower Park to be once again welcomed by the front desk staff who inquired about our evening at the show. The fact they take an interest in what we do while staying in the neighborhood makes me feel like a valued customer. Bed was very comfortable. bathroom, clean as any can be. Overall room appeal was great, and with a corner room you may find a bit more street noise, but I still say it is worth it.
I can highly recomend this hotel for anyone. I do not however recomend it if you have children, as some guests, and the closeness of the rooms might make your children feel out of place and unwanted. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank DaveFrancis
Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed December 13, 2006

I have been reading all the reviews of the hotels that have been ranked above the Mayflower, and I find it very interesting. I live within 10 miles of the Mayflower, but every year our dinner club books a night here during the Christmas holidays so that we can eat downtown, experience the city, and not have to drive after we have had many cocktails. This year was no exception. The hotels that were mentioned with a higher rating than the Mayflower are great hotels. However, the Mayflower is far and above the others. This hotel has a much better central location, the rooms are large and very well appointed, the staff is great and courteous AND for the location and room - the price can't be beat. The hotels in the University District and on Lake Union are great - BUT they are a cab ride away from downtown Seattle. The Mayflower is right in the middle of Seattle - within walking distance of the waterfront, Pike Place Market, Nordstrom, Macy's - all the best restaurants. Plus, it is so reasonable. If this is where the locals choose to stay - we can't be that wrong. We love this hotel. The staff is wonderful and the Anduluca Restaurant is superb. Oliver's Martini Bar gets crowded - so arrive early! You will truly experience what Seattle is at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Colleen_travelqu
Reviewed October 25, 2006

I planned and coordinated a formal event at the Mayflower Park, and stayed there that night.

Their restaurant and kitchen are exceptional. The evening of the event, the catering and staff impressed everyone. The following morning, eggs benedict with smoked salmon lifted any fatigue.

The rooms were beautiful, relatively spacious, and well appointed - for a very reasonable (by Seattle standards) rate. I came in from out of town, and they were more than happy to accomodate my luggage until I could check in. Concierge was friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to volunteer information before I needed to ask.

I think an important note is that they helped us keep the event contained, so that no other guests were disturbed by the reception going on in the upper lobby. If I had been a guest at this time, this would have been even more appreciated.

Certainly a quality hotel, with above average service and staff. I would definitely stay there again, given the opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crabelo
Reviewed October 8, 2006

If you want a hotel with a big Lobby packed with guests lounging around waiting for their Convention buddies so they can go to a noisy hotel bar, then the Mayflower is not the place you will want to stay.

The Mayflower is one of those small historic hotels that if you were in London you would be writing home about. Cozy, charming and right downtown near all the stores including Nordstroms across the street. Yes, the bathrooms are on the small side but done in a very nice black & white tile.

Oliver's is the bar in the hotel and they are know for their martinis and the hotel breakfast at Andaluca is very good.

If you are bringing your car, let me suggest you valet park it and then walk around downtown or take a cab, as it less expensive to do that than pay $12 for a 2-hour parking lot near Pike Place Market or a similar amount down near the waterfront. By the way, you won't be fighting a tour bus when you arrive, as it is a hotel made for people not conventioneers running up and down the hallway at 2am.

Not cheap...but I have found not much is among the better hotels in Seattle these days.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank Crosby1
Reviewed September 5, 2006

wonderful location, we walked everywhere
friendly helpful staff
check in was quite late in the afternoon-4o'clock so after arriving by air in the a.m. it was tiresome to have to wait
nice to have free internet

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank amigoma
Reviewed August 27, 2006

Very nice hotel, room was a bit small but nicely appointed. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. One problem which I considered unacceptable was our room was located on the 6th floor, backside of the building, which was right across the alley from the HVAC system of the building next door. It was very loud and made for a terrible night's sleep. The hotel was fully booked, so no relief was available.

If you choose this hotel, make sure you request a room facing 4th or Olive Sts. The traffic noise is to be expected in a downtown hotel, but not the alternative.

Other than that, great place.

• Stayed: July 2006
10  Thank BassMan61
Reviewed August 3, 2006

Rooms were comfortable and pretty, with an old-fashioned ambience. In-house restaurant (Andaluca) was excellent. We liked the free wireless internet. Location was good: close enough to the waterfront, without being so close that crowds and noise were a problem.

4  Thank MarylandUSA