“Mayflower rocked”

Vancouver, Canada
“Mayflower rocked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

Mayflower hotel rocked!

Pros:
- VERY friendly front desk staff
- super close to shopping (across the street from Macy's and other shopping in downtown)
- valet parking
- Rooms were adequate sized and the very clean and detailed. We were surprised

Cons:
- Hit and Miss on the parking staff (two of the guys retreated into the hotel when we arrived in our taxi rather than helping us with our bags)

We thorougly enjoyed our stay at mayflower. the location could not be beat. highly recommended for the price

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Korean first
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

This is an older hotel so the rooms are not large. Bathroom was a little on the small side, as was the TV. Overall though, we really enjoyed our stay at the Mayflower. The bed in our room was very comfortable -- better than your average 3* hotel bed -- & they also provided bathrobes. We stayed during a snowstorm so we really appreciated the fact that the hotel has a good restaurant (Andalucia -- Spanish tapas) with excellent food & reasonable prices. There's also quite a good bar. We found the staff to be very friendly & helpful, plus the hotel is in a great location right in the center of Seattle. I'd highly recommend this hotel as great value for money.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, excellent restaurant, free wi fi internet access
  • Disliked — small room/bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

We spent a snowy night in Seattle, after attending the 5th ave Theatre in Seattle. It was a little walk which we enjoyed in the vibrant city. The room was small and not that great. The valet parking being included in the rate was a bonus. The location is close to everthing. We shopped and walked to the Market in the morning where we ate a fantastic breakfast overlooking the waterfront at Lowells in the Market.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deancoug
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2008

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this excellent and charming hotel during the first part of November and were delighted with our experience there.

Selene, the extremely professional representative who assisted me with my reservation, couldn't have been more helpful. I told her it was a special occasion (my birthday) and she offered us a luxurious, corner location, two room suite, complete with two bathrooms, perfect view of the space needle, and even the deep red decor I was hoping for. Every single employee we encountered focused on making our stay as special as possible, beginning with the cheerful, very knowledgeable Bridgitte who greeted us at the front desk and went out of her way to ensure we had every detail we might need to add to our comfort.

This hotel also has an excellent restaurant, Andaluca, where we ate breakfast in the mornings. Afternoon rest stops were spent in Oliver's, a very cozy, intimate bar filled with light from an enormous wall of windows overlooking the Seattle street scene and offering superb drinks and delicious menu items.

The Mayflower Park is also located just four blocks from Pike Place Market, which enabled us to walk to every location we wanted to visit while in town, from restaurants to shopping to the theatre. It's also connected to the monorail, which makes it effortless to whiz to the Space Needle for dinner.

For those of you looking for a beautifully furnished, timeless and intimate boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown and providing superb service, food and ambience, I can't say enough about selecting the Mayflower Park for your next visit to Seattle.

• Liked — location, wonderful staff, beautiful suite, charming bar, excellent food
  • Disliked — not one thing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CIndyGordon
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

A business trip to Seattle brought me to the Mayflower Park hotel for two nights. Although I had lived in Seattle for much of my life, I'd never noticed the place or (amazingly enough) been to Andaluca or the hotel bar.

Overall, this was a fine place to stay; it's a solid downtown hotel.

LOCATION
The hotel is centrally located, at 4th and Olive. Although I didn't do much sightseeing, it's walking distance from a number of Seattle attractions. Close to the Market, close to the Waterfront, close to Westlake... you get the idea.

Mind you, central location does have its occasional downside as well. There's a lot of traffic on the surrounding streets, and I did notice a little traffic noise in my room. It didn't bother me, but if you're sensitive to that, you might want to look elsewhere.

ROOMS
I stayed in a Deluxe guestroom (a step up from the Classic), which had plenty of room and a nice configuration. There was a large bar area that had the coffee maker and a sink, which was nice to have. The workstation was large and functional, perfect if you need to work on the road. The bathroom was small an unspectacular, but nicely appointed and perfectly functional. I'm not a huge fan of Queen Anne Style (as the hotel describes their decor), but it seemed pretty understated and didn't bother me.

There was no noise from other rooms or the hallway, but there was some early-morning street noise. Know your tolerance for traffic noise and plan accordingly.

FACILITIES/LOBBY
The lobby is small, but nicely appointed. Not much to say about it.

Oliver's, the bar, is a good place to have a drink, and always looked inviting when I returned to the hotel. Bar help was friendly and they have Pike Place Ale on tap, always a plus for me.

Aside from WiFi, I didn't use the business facilities, so I'm not sure what they're like. There's also a workout room, which I never found time to use.

RESTAURANT
I ate at the very chic-looking Andaluca the first night I was there and was very pleased. I sat at the small bar in the restaurant and got great service. If you like shellfish, don't miss the baked mussels; they were stunningly good, and went really well with a glass of Spanish bubbly. I wanted to go back the second night but had already made other dinner plans. I'll go back when I get the chance.

STAFF
Hotel staff was helpful and tolerant of my questions and occasional mishaps (like losing my room key). I'd describe the help as professional if slightly aloof in some instances -- not a problem for me, but don't expect to be overwhelmed by warmth.

Bar and restaurant staff were professional, attentive, and friendly.

SUMMARY
If you're looking for a decent hotel in a great downtown location, this should fit the bill. The restaurant and bar are the strong points, although everything was certainly better-than-acceptable. For a two-night business trip, the location and amenities were just what I needed, and the stay was uneventful. I'd rate it at the lower end of "above average"

• Liked — Size of the deluxe room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank WineTool
LONDON, ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

We selected this hotel based on other reviews and werent disappointed. For a start, the location is perfect in the Downtown area close to shops, transport links and interesting places to visit like the famous Pike Place Market. The hotel is directly opposite Macy's - we were given a discount voucher to this store by the receptionist when we checked in, a nice little touch. The hotel is connected to the Westlake Shopping Center which has a good food court as well as shops, the monorail station and an underground bus station. Many times we didnt even have to use the street level to get to where we were going thanks to this direct link.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was a problem for them and they genuinley made us feel welcome. The room itself was perfect, not large but room enough to move. The bathroom was just right and there was plenty of closet space, a safe and tea and coffee facilities - filter coffee I might add, no dreadful sachets of instant Nescafe. Our room was spotless and the housekeeping staff were so cute in their black and white maids' uniforms. We had trouble with the combination lock on the safe (our error, not the safe's) and within a few minutes of reporting it, a maintenance man appeared and fixed it. He even refused the tip I offered!

The only negative aspects concern the TV - an old fashioned bulky set that had poor reception on many channels, but that wasnt a major issue as we werent on holiday to watch TV. The only other problem is thin walls. If a neighbouring guest has a shower at 3am, you might hear it. I was woken in the middle of the night by a mobile phone ringing in the next room. But if you're a heavy sleeper that shouldnt be an issue. Generally everything was calm and quiet at night, no real noise from the street.

A big plus is the two free internet terminals in the lobby. We used them regularly and even checked-in online for our return flight home and printed off our boarding passes - yes, you can even print at no charge. How convenient is that?

We would definitely recommend the Mayflower and would stay there again.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EDEN323
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

This hotel was great. Very clean and perfect location.

We had wonderful service dealing with everyone employed by the hotel and even were upgraded to a suite without asking for that. Britney at the front desk was completely amazing and certainly knows what customer service means. They are very lucky to have her.

This is an old gem that has been kept up to standards that travelers should expect.

Hope you choose to stay here, I am pretty picky so this was a very pleasant surprise.

• Liked — Staff and rooms
  • Disliked — everything was perfect, not a single complaint
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family