“Perfect location, very nice staff”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is in an ideal location to explore Seattle, easy walk to Pikes Market, the monorail and the Link to the airport (although warning, the walk from the link station, thru the parking lot before you get to the terminal is very long if you are not traveling light). Rooms are a bit small (I understand corner rooms are better, but very comfortable beds, very clean. The bar and casual dining place: Olives is lovely and the restaurant in the building, Andaluca, is very well reviewed but a bit on the pricy side. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper stories and corner room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mayflower Park Hotel

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week on a combined business and couples trip. We got a great rate on Priceline. It's an older hotel that has been very well maintained. The single queen bed room we had was small, but clean and well-furnished. Other rooms may be larger. We were on the 11th floor. You really can't find a better location. The hotel connects with the Westlake Center and the transportation hub that includes the light rail (to airport) and monorail (to Space Needle). It's within short walking distance of major department stores, shopping, restaurants, the convention center, Pike Market and the waterfront. We did not try the hotel's restaurant or bar.

Pros: The hotel is clean, well-maintained and nicely furnished. It has a great location and value compared to big name hotels in downtown Seattle. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Cons: Walls are thin. We heard people in the next room, but street noise was not a problem. The heater made a loud noise when it first started its cycle. Room and bathroom were small (as expected with older hotel).

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank OtherVisitor
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I felt truly pampered by staying at this hotel. We booked it as part of the Clipper Vacation. The executive suite was so wonderful, with crisp linen and two bathrooms. We especially liked the old fashion decor in the room and in the lobby. The breakfast is not included at this hotel, but the breakfast we ordered at their restaurant was mouth watering. You have to try their French Toast Brioche! This hotel is located right down town, but it was very quiet in the room. It’s perfect location for visiting all the attractions downtown and also if you have to travel to the airport. This hotel is right around the corner from the Light Rail Train which we took in order to get to the Seatac Airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay there again.

Anita and Bruce

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This little boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle is a gem. We continue to return upon our visits to the city because of the excellent location, outstanding customer service and insightful package options. Upon all three visits we enjoyed the "Sunny Side Up" package which included a real, sit-down and order breakfast at the adjacent Andaluca restaurant as well as valet parking for the length of the stay. If you've tried to find parking in Seattle, you know it's ample but expensive. This is a great offer. The traditional rooms are small but cozy and replete with amenities and the deluxe queen room has another 100 square feet of space and is very comfortable. The customer service is outstanding from check-in to check-out and all is available with a phone call. When in Seattle, visit this hotel!

Room Tip: At this time, the adjacent business is being renovated. Rooms on the north side of the hotel and hi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed for three nights in mid February 2014 on business. I was travelling alone and only using public transportation. The light rail was easily accessible from SEATAC and the train ended at the Westlake station (fare $2.75 OW) which is one block from the hotel. Check in was easy and when I requested a higher floor, the front desk staff offered me a top floor corner room with fabulous views.

The hotel lobby is decorated with older style furniture, carpeting and fixtures. I didn't try the restaurant or bar. The room I was given was fine, but it would be crowded with more than one person in it. They may have larger rooms, but I would only take a queen bedded room if I were staying alone. I walked everywhere from this location: Seattle Center, Capitol Hill area, Kerry Park (great skyline and Rainier view), waterfront, Queen Anne district, Pioneer Square, etc.

Pros: On the light rail line and near a transit hub. Bed was comfortable and everything worked just fine. Surprisingly quiet stay for being in the heart of a city. 4 blocks to Pike Place Market, half a mile to south lake union shopping/dining. Front desk staff was helpful and kept my luggage stored even after I had checked out. Requested a blanket and it was delivered promptly. Excellent service and the wifi worked well.

Cons: carpet in the room was worn.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor room if you would like to see more of the road ways. I don't believe ther...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Iownit
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My partner and I were stoked with this hotel. It was great value and in a great location. For us, it was right where we wanted to be: a short stroll to the Pike Place Market, very close to the monorail station heading towards the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass & Gardens. As we found out at the conclusion of our time in Seattle, it is also very close to the train to the SeaTac Airport.

We couldn't have asked for more regarding value or location. The staff, I'm happy to report, we're also lovely. We had just flown in from DC and were warmly greeted and checked in quickly and without delay.

Our room was clean and probably better than we'd hoped for.

Overall I'd gladly stay here again next time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott84Perth
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Scott84Perth,

I'm glad you had a great stay, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Regards,
David

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were looking forward to staying at this historic hotel. Unfortunately, our online, third-party hotel reservation was completely screwed up. Robert, who was behind the Front Desk at the Mayflower Park that evening around 11 pm, saved us! The hotel was completely full with cruise ship guests. So, Robert helped us get in touch with the third-party, online, hotel reservation folks. He explained what the hotel's records showed and what my records showed. We were exhausted from a long flight from the East coast. He offered us water, plus a fruit and cheese tray at no cost. He exemplified high quality service for weary travelers. Because of Robert, we hope to stay at the Mayflower Park one day. In the meantime, we did manage to get a room down by the waterfront, thanks to the responsive lady on the phone who made things right. Bottom line: When life gives you lemons, be gracious. Explain the problem. Ask for help. Folks like Robert and the lady on the phone saved the day. Thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple