Mayflower Park Hotel
$282
$274
$254
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$288
$254
Kimpton
$415
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$187
$454
galahotels.com
  • Pool
2,390 results
All reviewslight railandaluca restaurantoliver's barpike place marketwestlake centergreat locationspace needlefull bathroomswithin walking distanceclassic hotelan older hotelmonorail stationdeluxe roomvalet parkingseatac airporthotel barheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My partner and I were stoked with this hotel. It was great value and in a great location. For us, it was right where we wanted to be: a short stroll to the Pike Place Market, very close to the monorail station heading towards the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass & Gardens. As we found out at the conclusion of our time in Seattle, it is also very close to the train to the SeaTac Airport.

We couldn't have asked for more regarding value or location. The staff, I'm happy to report, we're also lovely. We had just flown in from DC and were warmly greeted and checked in quickly and without delay.

Our room was clean and probably better than we'd hoped for.

Overall I'd gladly stay here again next time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott84Perth
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Scott84Perth,

I'm glad you had a great stay, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Regards,
David

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were looking forward to staying at this historic hotel. Unfortunately, our online, third-party hotel reservation was completely screwed up. Robert, who was behind the Front Desk at the Mayflower Park that evening around 11 pm, saved us! The hotel was completely full with cruise ship guests. So, Robert helped us get in touch with the third-party, online, hotel reservation folks. He explained what the hotel's records showed and what my records showed. We were exhausted from a long flight from the East coast. He offered us water, plus a fruit and cheese tray at no cost. He exemplified high quality service for weary travelers. Because of Robert, we hope to stay at the Mayflower Park one day. In the meantime, we did manage to get a room down by the waterfront, thanks to the responsive lady on the phone who made things right. Bottom line: When life gives you lemons, be gracious. Explain the problem. Ask for help. Folks like Robert and the lady on the phone saved the day. Thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugVA
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Overall, a great centrally located and quiet hotel with clean, well appointed rooms, a nice bar and restaurant, and (generally) nice staff; additional amenities like a fridge can be added to you room. I would certainly recommend this hotel to a friend or colleague and would return.

My mother booked the hotel by phone and I must give praise to the staff (Michael) who assisted her. My mother has a very strong french accent and is thus not the easiest person to understand by phone. She explained that this staff person was extremely patient with her over the course of several conversations (!) and answered all her questions. The goal was to reserve two, adjoining rooms and to accommodate our less than ideal travel schedule, which the staff person did. I believe that my mother was able to get a better deal by calling the hotel.

The building itself is is lovely with a brick exterior and the interiors are not overly done (maybe a little sparse) and tasteful (if somewhat dated). The hotel is centrally located, but quiet, and within walking distance of many amenities and tourist attractions; great location for the price! Check-in and check-out were fast and staff were nice. I will admit, however, that after all my mother's praises for Michael, I was a little taken aback by the front staff - they were nice, just not warm or friendly.

My room on the 12th floor was relatively spacious, very clean, quiet, and was well appointed. I requested that a fridge be added as I was in town for work and would be hunkering down in the room for several days. My mother's adjoining room was a corner suite - very spacious with a separate bedroom, living room area, and a bar/dining space; lovely room that worked out very well for our needs (included my SIL and her baby son).

I ordered room service several times (breakfast mainly). The food was good, the service was fast and reliable, and the staff were very sweet. We dined at the hotel restaurant and went to the bar. Both had great service (again, staff were extremely inviting and nice) and the cocktails and food were very good (restaurant decor was a little dated). I also relied on taxi service a few times and my SIL used the valet service; both were efficient.

If I had to nitpick, I would say that staff were nice, but not overly warm or smiley (except for the room service staff) and the overall decor, although nice and well maintained, is somewhat dated. Both points are minor, this is a great hotel at a great price!

Room Tip: It's worth a call to the hotel to get good deals on rooms (especially for multi-night stays). Rooms on the upper floors were quiet and had great light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed for 7 weeks, I was relocating for my job and kept having to extend my stay due to not having enough time to search for a place. Once I found out I will be able to move in a place I went to the desk and told them to have me check out on the 1st of Feb. That day was the 17th, so they said no problem. 5 days later they called me over and said they have to check me out on the 29th due to the hotel sold out. They said they would notify me asap if I need to leave, so their notice was the 28th. Being stressed out after a long day of work, I now have to pack and find another hotel to stay in. They didn't offer to relocate me until I asked and did not even try to accommodate anything . Not a happy person at this moment. Its stressful enough to build a company up in a different state, and even more stressful to not be settled because of work. Then the least thing you want is a hotel kicking you out when you are paying over $8000 of room and tax. Very disturbing and unprofessional. David and whoever Management is working at the desk, you will NEVER make it anywhere in a larger corporation to have service like the one I received. Coming from a person that help build, train and mentor MGM Grand, largest hotel with 4000 rooms for 20 years and the Bellagio Hotel.
Oh-btw-be careful right now because it looks like they are doing construction everyday. You will be hearing drills and hammers every morning!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Kimmylv
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Kimmylv,

We regretfully were not able to extend your reservation due to the hotel being fully committed. Rest assured, we sincerely would have loved to keep you as our guest.

David

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel and rooms are clean well maintained. Overall the property is beautiful and in a great location in downtown Seattle. Great hotel bar too.

The only downside was concierge not being very helpful. I needed a dress dry cleaned and pressed for the next afternoon, and they weren't able to confirm times and turnaround very easily. Questions weren't answered with ease. I can't say the same about the doorman/valet tough, they were awesome and really good at catching you a taxi for us!

I would definitely stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple