“Poor Service”

Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Poor Service”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed for 7 weeks, I was relocating for my job and kept having to extend my stay due to not having enough time to search for a place. Once I found out I will be able to move in a place I went to the desk and told them to have me check out on the 1st of Feb. That day was the 17th, so they said no problem. 5 days later they called me over and said they have to check me out on the 29th due to the hotel sold out. They said they would notify me asap if I need to leave, so their notice was the 28th. Being stressed out after a long day of work, I now have to pack and find another hotel to stay in. They didn't offer to relocate me until I asked and did not even try to accommodate anything . Not a happy person at this moment. Its stressful enough to build a company up in a different state, and even more stressful to not be settled because of work. Then the least thing you want is a hotel kicking you out when you are paying over $8000 of room and tax. Very disturbing and unprofessional. David and whoever Management is working at the desk, you will NEVER make it anywhere in a larger corporation to have service like the one I received. Coming from a person that help build, train and mentor MGM Grand, largest hotel with 4000 rooms for 20 years and the Bellagio Hotel.
Oh-btw-be careful right now because it looks like they are doing construction everyday. You will be hearing drills and hammers every morning!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Kimmylv
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Kimmylv,

We regretfully were not able to extend your reservation due to the hotel being fully committed. Rest assured, we sincerely would have loved to keep you as our guest.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel and rooms are clean well maintained. Overall the property is beautiful and in a great location in downtown Seattle. Great hotel bar too.

The only downside was concierge not being very helpful. I needed a dress dry cleaned and pressed for the next afternoon, and they weren't able to confirm times and turnaround very easily. Questions weren't answered with ease. I can't say the same about the doorman/valet tough, they were awesome and really good at catching you a taxi for us!

I would definitely stay again if needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salpytalian
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am a centurion card member , thus seeing some wonderful hotels. Stayed here on business and the Hotel and the Manager David [---], would not honor the reservations made a month earlier via Expedia. They would not honor it as the Sea Hawks happened to be playing in the playoffs and the hotel felt they could price gouge because of it. David [---] was rude, and most unhelpful. Then we checked into the hotel at 2am in the morning flying in from Vegas, not knowing the hotel was non smoking, and knowing Seattle had leagleized mariuana we mistakenly smoked the weed in the room. Without fair warning David [---] fined me $240.00. I have a prescription and use the mariuana medically. I would caution anyone from staying at the hotel, due to their manager and poor attitude. The Location is good, the rooms are dated but the hospitallity does not exist.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mitchell L
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
royalpar1,

Reservations are honored on the day of arrival. Since our hotel has a check-in time of 4pm, the midnight / 1am arrival on the day prior constitutes another night’s charge.

The Mayflower Park Hotel was not just one of the first non-smoking hotels in Seattle, but in the entire country! It is written on our website and all 3rd Party booking sites; we verbally state it at check-in and the guests acknowledges with their signature on the registration card. Signage is both outside and inside the guest room stating we are a non-smoking facility. This means smoking of any kind due to the comfort and safety of all of our guests.

David
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel on our last visit to Seattle, and I was disappointed that the club floors weren't available for our visit this past week. I took the advice of the Victoria Clipper agent and booked the Mayflower Park Hotel instead. I'm afraid we've been wooed away from the Crown Plaza! It's a beautifully appointed hotel with very friendly and efficient staff. The room (1111) was very light, very large, very airy, and very restfully and tastefully decorated. We asked for a rollaway bed, which my eldest sister said was very comfortable. We also had a small refrigerator in our room (because I demand fresh cream with my coffee!) Since there were three of us booked into the room, I was a tad surprised that there were only two of all the amenities: wine glasses; coffee mugs etc. There were lots of towels, though! We made our own adjustments. There's free wifi, which is always appreciated, and it was easy to set up. The view was nothing much, but at least the windows open for a bit of fresh air, and I was glad to be able to drop the temperature in the room to make it cooler. The bathroom was a good size, spotlessly clean and well-appointed. There were no small bottles of toiletries, but good-sized pump dispensers, which make a great deal of sense. They were also of a very high quality and beautifully and gently scented. The location of the hotel simply couldn't be bettered: smack dab in the centre of town, next door to Nordstrom and Macy's and five minutes away from Pike Place Market. The walk to SAM is only a few blocks, and we walked to Pioneer Square, as well. We tried Olivers for a drink on the night we arrived, and I had one of the best gin martinis of my life. The service wasn't anything extraordinary, even on a quiet evening, but the ambience would bring me back readily. All in all, of the 3 hotels I've tried (also the Crown Plaza, and the Four Seasons), this is my new hotel of choice in Seattle.

Room Tip: We were in room 1111. It was quiet and airy. Traffic noise was minimal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia K
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle for a great rate through a third party site. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated while the the lobby is beautifully decorated and well kept up (the decor makes you feel like you've stepped back in time a bit but appliances are not worn). The location was within walking distance to all that we wanted to see.
Definitely plan on staying here again, very happy with our experience :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Found this fantastic place via Hotwire for $90/night in mid-January.

Fantastic place to stay -- particularly for the location. I was literally less than a block from the Light Rail station, busses, and the monorail that goes to the Space Needle. The benefit of being near the Light Rail was that you can take it directly from Sea-Tac airport. It was also great when I went to the Seahawks football game and when I took the Amtrak train because the stops are so nearby.

It was also less than 5 blocks from Pike's Place Market and that means really great food and shops.

For those who love big name shops, those were there, too. I had a view of Macy's and you can sneak right into the mall through a special door in the hotel.

They have concierge service which was really helpful when I rented a car nearby (both Avis and Enterprise were less than 2 blocks away).

They validate park your car as they don't have their own garage. But, like I said, the light rail and bus system are right next store and the ability to rent a car nearby is worth not leaving a car with the hotel if you don't have to.

The A/C was effective and you could change it to Automatic or continuous Fan, but the Automatic gave me a jump every time it started again because it clicked so loud.

There's no refrigerator, but there is a coffee maker that comes with complimentary starbucks.

There's a nearby drugstore (Bartells') that can fulfill your travel needs (and snack needs, too).

The only other free amenity besides coffee is a shower cap and soap. They have shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion bottles -- but they're attached to the walls. The soap quality was relatively decent.

Room Tip: Room with a Queen size bed is SMALL. I felt cramped as one person but I had to great views as I got...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bozobarr
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
bozobarr,

We are definitely spoiled to have the Link Light Rail and transit tunnel so close by, we like to pretend that it was built just for us!
There are few things about our hotel that are worth noting:

The hotel offers a valet parking service for a fee. Pull to the front door and we will take care of the rest. Often times we will offer packages that include parking and breakfast; it’s definitely worth asking about if you book your reservation directly through the hotel.

In addition to the Classic Queen room category, we have a number of other Deluxe Room and Suites available. Often the price difference is nominal.

We also have refrigerators that can be placed in room at no charge, simply ask when making your reservation or at the Front Desk.

Thank you for being our guest!

Regards,
David Bennett
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is an older hotel which has been updated. Rooms are quite comfortable, the hotel decor is tasteful, the personnel are courteous and the location is great--next to Westlake Center. You can take the train from the airport and walk from the Westlake Center stop. There are lots of nice restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: You can sometimes get a discount if you look around. This is one of the hotels on the Alaska Airlin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business