“First trip to Pacific Northwest”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I found Mayflower Park Hotel after much research. This was an ideal location for being a tourist. Although I am not a big shopper, there is much shopping to be done (Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack within a block). We took the light rail from airport (about $2.50 p/p) to a block away from the hotel. It was about a 10-15 minute easy walk to Pike Market. The hotel had free wine tasting while we were there. The monorail to take you to the Space Needle was right around the corner and a just a few dollars. The hotel room was nice; not big by any sense, but we were not there to stay in our room. We had a drink in the lobby; did not eat there, but heard the restaurant is good.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor. We did not have any noise issues.
There are newer reviews for Mayflower Park Hotel

Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you like historic hotels, you'll like the Mayflower Park. This lovely old building has been refurbished in a traditional manner with plenty of modern comforts. We had requested two bathrooms and they were able to accommodate us (it was not guaranteed at time of booking). The bathrooms were on the smaller side, but there were two! What a luxury when you're sharing a room. They were identical -- pedestal sink and tub/shower with a curved rod for the shower curtain (I wish all hotels did this). Each bathroom was brightly lit and included a magnifying mirror.

Our spacious double room was nearly soundproof from street noise (on the 4th floor facing Olive Way). It had the largest closet of the seven hotels we used on this trip. It also had a coffee/tea maker, bathrobes, safe, iron and ironing board. Furniture included a large upholstered chair and a desk/dresser combo with a tv on top. We had plenty of room to set up two suitcase racks without them being in the way.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the hotel has valet parking only, but the service was quick and the valets were always polite and cheerful.

The location was handy for catching the Monorail to the Space Needle (we used it to go to the Chihuly exhibit). But beyond that, the neighborhood was a disappointment. The sidewalks smelled like urine and the mall attached to the hotel was half vacant. Macys (across the street) was depressingly empty and didn't even bother to plant anything in the planters on the sidewalk, which resulted in a long, gray, unattractive block. I've stayed here several times over many years and it seems to me the area has gone downhill. Obviously this is beyond the hotel's control, but it's enough to make me think twice about staying in downtown Seattle again.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for package deals, such as free parking or free breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Mayflower while in Seattle and had a great experience. It is a historic hotel, but well maintained and centrally located. The staff is very friendly and helpful. the lounge is very nice and has free snacks in afternoon. Would recommend.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay in this hotel. The position is really marvellous, near the sea front and Macy's. The people at the front desk were friendly and efficient. The room (a deluxe with queen beds) was clean, roomy and pleasant. The bathroom, although fairly small, was nice. However there was not much room for toileteries in it unfortunately. That's the only thing I can find fault with though. The food in the restaurant (Andaluca) was really delicious. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is our second stay at the Mayflower Park and we had a great stay at this well regarded hotel. Rooms are well appointed, spotless and certainly large enough. Very good service at the front desk. The hotel is in an excellent location. You can walk 10 minutes to Pike Place or 5 minutes to take a Monorail to get you to EMP, Space Needle, Chihuly Exhibition. The same distance takes you to the LightLink rail which can get you to other parts of the city quite easily.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Mayflower Park Hotel is for my money, the "go to" hotel in downtown Seattle. It is close to major downtown shopping, restaurants and theaters, Pike Place Market and the Monorail to Seattle Center.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, spotless, the hotel staff very helpful. There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel as well. One tip: This hotel stays very full, so book in a room as soon as you can.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, their web site says they will match and add a 5% discount on any onl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently visited Seattle and chose to stay at the Mayflower based on all the reviews I read on TA. I had a wonderful experience. The hotel is just lovely. My room was on the 9th floor facing the city skyline. Yes, the room was a touch smaller than your average hotel room but it was perfect for me. Most importantly to me is cleanliness and this hotel receives a 5 star rating from me. It is only 4 blocks from Pikes Market and 2 blocks from the Westlake Transit Center which contains the monorail, bus station, and the link that takes you from downtown to the airport. Additionally, I must include this over the top treatment I received from the conceriege at the hotel. Since I was traveling alone, I inquired about directions to the transit center to return to the airport the next morning. Not only did she give me directions, she actually left the hotel and walked me to the transit center showing me exactly where to go and how to purchase the ticket. Do yourself a favor when visiting this city. Definitely stay at the Mayflower.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo