“MarQueen Hotel was perfect for us.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of MarQueen Hotel

MarQueen Hotel
Ranked #51 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Myrtle Beach SC
“MarQueen Hotel was perfect for us.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2006

If you need a hotel with a kitchen and want something with a little elegance and history, then the MarQueen is for you. The staff was wonderful and sent us in the right direction for wonderful seafood (Anthony's) and made sure everything was just so. The location is great for walking almost everywhere (you might want a taxi to Chinatown, which in my opinion was not worth the trip if you've been to NY and San Fran.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hebrew first
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Marqueen in early June 2006. I'm ranking the Marqueen as "above average" because we had a lovely room and the hotel staff members were very helpful and friendly. However, this was the noisiest hotel that I have ever visited as our room was at the front of the building and directly faced Peso's restaurant/nightclub. Based on hotel reviews I knew this might be a problem so I called the hotel a couple of days prior to our arrival to request a room at the back of the hotel. I was told by a very polite staff member that, because we booked on Hotwire, my request would be prioritized accordingly. We arrived at 11 pm on a Friday evening and Peso's nightclub was in full swing. Once we arrived I repeated my request but was told that the hotel was fully booked and that our room was at the front of the hotel. Thank goodness we were tired and that we are both hard sleepers, because this is a very noisy street. We also had the pleasure of seeing a bar patron puking on the street and hearing at least one drunken argument. Saturday night was a repeat of Friday.

On the plus side, the room was nicely furnished and we loved having a full kitchen. This would be a great place to stay with young children if you got a quiet room. If I were going to stay here again I would book with the hotel directly to ensure that I got a quieter room.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank 4cowwoman
Westborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2006

Good hotel. Very large rooms. Excellent service. My main issue was that the shower, which was very old (as is the hotel), fluctuated in temperature quite a bit. It would get cold and then be scalding the next second. And it is an antique-y sort of hotel, so if you don't like that sort of thing, I would stay away. All around, above average hotel stay.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business