“Conveniently located historic hotel with friendly and helpful staff”
Review of MarQueen Hotel

MarQueen Hotel
Ranked #54 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here as it was one of the least expensive of the hotels on my short list Hotels in Seattle are expensive compared to say Vancouver across the border).... Breakie was included and it appeared to be conveniently located to downtown. The staff here were very helpful and friendly. Parking was too expensive $30), but the doorman explained where we could park on the street for free, albeit on a first come first serve basis. Internet was a bit spotty and the continental breakie could have had a bit more variety, but as we were eating so much at lunch and dinner at the countless fabulous restaurants around the city, to be honest, was good enough! The drip coffee provided in the room was really good, and found it strange that they served a different coffee for breakfast. I would have preferred the same Fonte coffee. Rooms were amazingly huge and it was nice to have this much space fur a change.

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for MarQueen Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just stayed in this hotel and were pleasantly surprised (we made a blind booking by location). The rooms are quite spacious and in OK condition. The staff is VERY friendly and eager to help during your visit. We stayed there for the Marathon and it was a walking distance away from the start and finish in Seattle Centre (Space Needle) so that was a plus.

It has good access to bus routes and can be easily accessed. It also has a couple of supermarkets nearby. All and all I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

On the downside, there is free internet but it's really slow and signal in the rooms is very low. You can just use it for basic stuff.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel was a disappointment from start to finish. The positive part of this experience was a friendly and helpful hotel staff. Their friendliness could not make up for the physical condition of this hotel which hotwire called a "boutique" hotel. if Boutique means run down hotel, then this is the "boutiquiest". Since the 1990s EVERYONE wants to plug their phone in bedside. There are NO unused outlets accessible ANYWHERE in the room. I had to pull the bed out from the wall and unplug the alarm clock and lamp to plug in my laptop and phone. When I mentioned it to the front desk lady she said, "oh yeah we hear that ALL the time but management does not want to pay for bedside outlets." The internet is so unreliable that I will be amazed if this review posts to TripAdvisor (I am still in the hotel). The pillows in the not so comfortable bed are unsatisfactory. Continental breakfast is included but does not start until 8 am. Again the front desk lady said "yeah it seems all businesspeople have to leave the hotel before 8, but they don't want to start breakfast at 6:30 like every other hotel in town" These are all EASILY fixable known issues that the hotel has CHOSEN not to fix. There is also no elevator, and the floors are creaky as heck and that obviously can't be fixed. This hotel room was extraordinarily expensive. For five star prices ($270 a night) I expect far far more. I am giving it two stars because I do like the location and hotel staff. (true to form, the internet in the hotel is now down and I had to save this to post from my computer after returning home)

Room Tip: There is no elevator. Ask for a low floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TomJinDC
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I got a very good price on Hotwire, so it was wonderful! The apartment was big and nicely furnished. It was quiet and clean. The location is very close to the bus stop to get downtown and there is a nice variety of restaurants in the area. The free continental breakfast was good, too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you like hotels with character this is for you. The staff was great we got this hotel on Priceline and had 2 rooms I needed on with a king bed and one with 2 queens they honored both requests no problem at all. Also there are no elevators so they gave my parents one on the ground floor at my request. I loved the rooms they were like tiny apartments with a sitting room and kitchen wood floors. It is not a brand new hotel so if you are looking for everything in perfect condition and modern it is not for you but if you want a beautiful old hotel with real charm and great staff it is perfect. I will book directly at the Marqueen anytime I visit Seattle in the future since I know it is worth it even without Priceline.

Room Tip: No elevators so if this is an issue request a ground floor room. The staff is great about assisting...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lkmontano
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It was fun to stay in this beautiful old building, our room was great, nice to have the kitchenette. There is a grocery store close by, the included breakfast of fruit, yoghurt and a bagel was a nice change from the usual hotel breakfast of precooked eggs or waffles.
We walked to Pike Place market for dinner one afternoon, the next day we rode our bikes along the Elliott Bay bike trail to Safeco field for a baseball game. The location is great for everything we wanted to do, we will go back when we have more time.
My only complaint was the storm/noise reduction glass on all the windows, I like to open a window at night especially on a cool coastal night. In the summer the ac would have to run all night. We would probably not go there in hot weather.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a beautiful old hotel built in 1918. The rooms are huge with comfortable beds. Our room also has a kitchenette which was great complete with a microwave. The rooms are very clean. The floor boards do creek a little but that is to be expected for an old hotel. The staff are really good and very happy to help. It is not in the heart of the city but is only a short bus ride to the centre or about an half hour walk. Is within walking distance to the space needle. Plenty of restaurants close to the hotel and also a great 24 hr supermarket. Wi fi is good in the lobby but hit and miss in the rooms. The hotel does not have an elevator.