MarQueen Hotel
$461
$423
  • Pool
1,256 results
All reviewsno elevatortin lizzieseattle centercafe ladrospace needlequeen annecontinental breakfastsitting areafull kitchenapartment buildingsmall apartmentold charmfirst flooryogurtacross the streettoulouse petithardwood floors
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just booked a nights stay later on this month and I had a couple questions regarding parking and confirming out room type (we had booked on Priceline.)

The replies I got from the staff were incredibly helpful and gave me more details than I ever could have imagined. You can see the detailed response regarding my parking question below.

I've emailed hotels questions like this before, but they were never too helpful. The customer service has already impressed me!

While I haven't stayed at the Marqueen yet, I am looking forward to it even more after my interactions with the staff.

I will write a full review after my stay later this month!

{Parking through us at the MarQueen Hotel runs at $25 per night, coming out to $30.51 with tax included. There are infinite in and out privileges and it is a valet only service - we have a Bellman here 24 hours that will be able to pull your car around whenever you need it.
Lower Queen Anne, where we are located, is a very safe neighborhood, and is even one of the safest in Seattle. With that said, it is safe enough to park your car on the street if you so choose. Parking on the street is free from 8 at night to 8 the next morning, and is $1.50 per hour after that. }

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kellirp
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a guest at a fundraising cooking show at KCTS9 Public TV station, my husband and I stayed at the MarQueen Hotel at Queen Anne Ave. in Seattle, just a couple of blocks from the TV station.
Having grown up in Switzerland, I felt right at home. The hotel lobby looked more like the lobby in an old European mansion. Antique furniture and oriental rugs, large gold framed mirrors and paintings, along with the warm lighting, made one feel right at home. The wide staircase led us up to our 2nd floor room, which was another lovely surprise. The room was more like a small apartment. Very high ceilings made it look larger yet. The large sleeping area featured a king size bed, a nightstand and an antique tall boy, which hid a TV inside. There was a small sitting room with a love seat and a couple of chairs. A coffee table displayed several Seattle magazines. There was a fully equipped kitchen, and a very nice bathroom.
We almost hated to leave this very comfortable place to go out and have dinner.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only minor problem was on the following morning when we were ready to leave. Contact could not be made with the person in charge to bring your car.[They have valet parking] We had to wait for about 15 minutes until the young man showed up. But we had ample time, therefor it was not much of a problem for us, however if time would have been of essence, that could have changed things.
The MarQueen Hotel does not have an elevator, which could present a problem for some people. I loved it, as I hate to hear the constant peeping of an elevator, especially if your room is near by.
We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want your peace and quiet, ask for a room away from the busy streets.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I love staying at the Marqueen, which is quaint, venerable and bursting with character. It's a lovely, quiet, posh and comfortable hotel. I admit that it is not inexpensive, but luxury and occasional indulgence can be very healthy. The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank karmaswimswami
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel looks nice vintage at first sight, and the staff is very friendly & ready to help. BUT!!! Something is VERY WRONG with their cleaning. At the very first night I counted 4 hairs stuck on the walls of the bathroom right before I stepped in to take a shower, Disgusting! The rooms are a combo of real antiques with some plainly outdated stuff and peeled paint here and there. Never more.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just gettng around to writing a review from our stay at the Marqueen. We stayed here back in Sept along with another couple, friends of ours who we were to take an Alaskan cruise with. So it was just a one night stay. However we had a fabulous stay while here. We were pleasantly surprised on arrival to find out we were upgraded to suites. This made for a fantastic experience for our first visit to Seatte!! My goodness our suite was so roomy and ideal if one were to stay here for a few days. We had a huge bedroom area, sitting room with TV and a full kitchen, along with a small office area. It was actually more like an apartment. The bed was incredible! I do not think I have ever slept on a more comfortable bed and I have stayed in some pretty classy & expensive hotels! Anyone wishing for more space and comfort the Queen Anne suite is the one to reserve for sure!
The front desk staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. They directed us to some of the local restaurants, gave us directions around the city and were very friendly answering all of our questions. Before leaving the the following morning the front desk gave us the name of a taxi company they use with a set fare to the airport for our return trip home. Our taxi to the Marqueen when arriving at Seatte airport with a local cab company was outrageous costing us $65 by the time we got to the hotel due to heavy traffic on the drive there.
The Marqueen is an older hotel but has a wonderful charm about it. Having recently stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado it reminded us of the same era, like stepping back in time. The coffee shop attached to the hotel through a corridor from the lobby was perfect! We went there bright and early on the morning we were to leave for our cruiseship and had breakfast. They have a delicious selection of breads, muffins & pastries, great coffee and wonderful selection of teas..
We walked to the Space Needle from the hotel and also the Pike Place Market although a bit of a walk about 40 minutes. Location was great, and we all felt very safe in this neighorhood of Seattle. The hotel rates were excellent after comparing them to many of the chain hotels throughout Seattle and we will for sure return to the Marqueen on our next visit to Seattle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family