Inn at Virginia Mason
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewshospital patientsquaint hotelroom serviceslow elevatorwalk in closetolder hotelwalking distance to downtownapartment buildingcookie cutterpriced hotelcapitol hillstayed one nightbit datedflat screen tvrooms are nicerooftop deckstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at the Inn at Virginia Mason because of it's convenient location to Virginia Mason Hospital. The hotel is older but very charming. The staff were friendly and we also visited the Rhododendron restaurant located on the premises, the wait staff there were great and the food was very good. I've stayed at several hotels and the bed in this one was by far the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The only negative I could give was that the wifi wasn't very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Val H
Carol G, General Manager at Inn at Virginia Mason, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay in September. Older. . .charming. . .we like it when people guests us this way! We've got some great weekend rates this winter so don't be a stranger. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Inn is a good value if you're using it just to sleep and not hang out. Be prepared for a hike up the hill (or take a cab). The rooms are basic but clean. The staff is friendly. It wasn't a long walk to the major attractions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us in September! It's nice to hear our guests call us "quiet". We like to think so but on occasion we know it can also be a noisy boistling First Hill neighborhood. It sounds as though our hill didn't give you too much trouble. Seattle is made up of seven hills, giving most neighborhoods a nice vista of the city. We hope to see you back as our guest in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

First off I must say that you have to be in the right frame of mind to stay in a vintage hotel. One can't expect the exact conveniences of a modern hotel with the charm and character that comes with a historic property. The Inn at Virginia Mason is a real gem and an exceptional value, not to mention a top notch staff. If you need a room near the hospital you won't find a better location and value, in fact I haven't found anything as nice anywhere in Seattle at a relative price. If you just feel better paying a lot more, try the Sorrento down the street. The Rhododendron cafe in the lobby is also a remarkable value. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for you kind comments regarding our "vintage" hotel. Our team was very pleased to hear you call them top notch! We work hard to continually improve our service to our guests to keep them coming back. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights last weekend, and I have stayed here before. For the price, this is a great bargain! The location is walking distance to downtown Seattle, the waterfront, Belltown, and Capitol Hill...if you don't mind big hills, and if you are in good shape. Otherwise, you are a short, inexpensive cab ride to just about anywhere in the city. The Inn is an older building, so the rooms are not what you'd find in a Hilton (i.e., exactly the same anywhere in the world), and the bathrooms are not the luxurious palaces you'd find in a Vegas hotel. On the other hand, there is a lot of "old world charm" and the rooms are perfectly comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. As other reviewers have commented, don't expect a lot of amenities, however, for the price, this is the best bargain I've found in Seattle. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David S
Carol G, General Manager at Inn at Virginia Mason, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Good Afternoon David - Thank you so much for your kind review! Yes, we are convenient and a bargain and we are glad we were a good fit for your visit to Seattle. We look forward to welcoming you again on a future visit. The weather is still perfect and the fall is a particularly beautiful time of the year here in the Northwest. Safe travels! Carol Gallagher

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night while my grandfather was hospitalized because it was attatched to the Virginia Mason Hospital. The floors were so dirty that u could see the dirt sitting on top of the carpet, the mirrors were covered in dirty streaks, and the tub was full of leftover residue from recently removed no-skid strips! I have never been in a dirtier hotel room and am absolutely appalled that it is attatched to such an amazing hospital. The front counter staff was very kind and helpful but the state of the room was unbelievable. The toilet seat nearly slid off when I sat down and the wall plugs look like they're from the 1940s as we couldn't keep a single charger from falling out of the wall. It was an absolute waste of money I have spent nights in rooms that were half the price and twice as nice. Don't waste your money here - spend the night at one of the nicer hotels that are only 5 minutes down the road for less money and a better experience.

Room Tip: I was in such a hurry to find a place for my grandmother that this is the first time I haven't checked trip advisory. ALWAYS CHECK TRIP ADVISOR!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Courtney P
Carol G, General Manager at Inn at Virginia Mason, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Good morning. Thank you for your comments. As you can tell from previous trip advisor reviews, your stay is not the typical experience our guests enjoy. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team - while the rooms are older, our staff works very hard to ensure rooms are thoroughly cleaned. It was a very busy weekend in Seattle and we are proud we are able to offer an affordable alternative for guests and family members seeking medical care. We hope your grandfather is feeling better. Good luck in your future travels, Carol Gallagher