Inn at Queen Anne
$139
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
1,093 results
All reviewsseattle centerspace needlegreat locationsmall kitchenettemetropolitan marketwalk in closetquaint hotelconcert at key arenaacross the streetbudget hotelan older buildingpublic transportationwalking distancestreet noisemini fridgeblockstove
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I stayed at the Inn at Queen Anne just last week, and it was my third visit to this hotel. It is not a fancy place, and those who are used to the Westin should save their time and energy and stay elsewhere. However, for myself and the 3 other people I was with, we found this place to be perfect for our needs. I like that all rooms have celing fans and that you can actually open the windows! The bed was comfortable, but extra pillows are a must, and earplugs are helpful if you are a light sleeper. We had tons of extra hot water, at about 11 AM. The room size seemed totally reasonable to us, we have stayed in smaller rooms for less money. The staff was excellent, and even mailed me a pair of sunglasses I had left behind in the room (Thanks Brigita!). The location is excellent- Queen Anne is a great place (and we are well-traveled in the Seattle area) good food, fantastic indie record store and Key Arena all within 1-2 blocks. We usually stay in downtown Seattle (in 2 to 4 star hotels), but have recently chosen this area instead, as it has more of a neighborhood feel. Bottom line, if you are high maintenance, expect everything to be perfect, and have an issue with things not being brand new, then go elsewhere. But if you are looking for a comfortable, VERY reasonably priced hotel that offers good service and has more character than most places, then choose the Inn at Queen Anne.

• Stayed: March 2006
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 8, 2006

We loved the Inn at Queen Anne. My husband and I came to town to see Bon Jovi and we searched on line for hotels near the Key Arena. We were a little apprehensive due to the negative reviews, but found ourselves a hotel that we will return to again and again. You can't find a deal like this anywhere in Seattle. This hotel is not the Westin but it has a lot of charm and is in a perfect location.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank GingerAndStu
Reviewed February 26, 2006

Although this place looks charming on the website, RUN don't walk from this dump. As we walked down the musty, dirty hallway, we saw two patrons with their doors open in their underway smoking and cooking their smelly dinner. The room is small, shabby,dirty and cold. Amenities? None here. The location and neighborhood are great as is the price. However, unless you want a Flophouse or run down YMCA, look elsewhere. I swear this place is a half way house!
We checked out the next morning and headed for the Westin. This place is scary!! I would not even give this place one star!

• Stayed: April 2001
6  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed January 21, 2006

While I can see the point of the negative reviews I still love this place for the money. If you are interested in more upscale try their other property the MarQueen which is 2 blocks north.

Pros:
Great Price
Friendly atmosphere
Clean
Great lively neighborhood (make sure you try the food at Peso's) that has more of a neighborhood feel than downtown.
Free Shuttle (when it's not busy)

Cons:
Far from downtown (I like this neighborhood better than downtown, lots with-in walking distance, when you want to head downtown the monorail is a quick 10min walk or take the hotel's free shuttle).
Unattractive Exterior.
No Elevator

All and all this is my favorite hotel in Seattle for the price, hands down.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank jakv5
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed November 22, 2005

Hi, folks! Let me make it clear straight away that I never give bad reviews to any place, person or thing, but when I booked to stay at this place, I was expecting true Olde Worlde charm, courtesy and service, as that is how they advertise themselves. But what did I get? I arrived at the hotel after an 11 hour flight plus another 45 minutes from Seatac airport to get here, and they kept me waiting for what seemed like an eternity! Eventually, they found my internet reservation and marched me off to my room on the 3rd floor (no lift) and no help whatsoever. Anyway, the room was so small, you couldn't swing a mouse in it, let alone a cat! The A/C unit did not work and the whole room was just so claustrophobic, I just couln't get oout of there fast enough! In the morning, the fun and games started--I got into the bathroom for a shower, and guess what--no hot water! And the bath tub and taps--they must have bought them in some garage sale during the 1940s--they were so rusty and horrible--yuck! Anyway, downstairs for a bit of coffee and their "continental" breakfast--this turned out to be cheao supermarket bagels and commercial coffee made in an ancient percolater! My advice--DO NOT STAY THERE--at least until they kick out all their Staff and bring new guys in with some courtesy and revamp the whole building!

Stayed: June 2003