What a disappointment. This might be fine for the leisure traveler but it's not recommended for the business traveler.
1. Parking is hit-or-miss. You have to pull up at the curb, go in, and see if they have parking available. If not, you may park on the street at a meter overnight or in a pay lot "within a few blocks of the hotel".
2. There is no elevator and no mention of this on their website or when you call to make a reservation.
3. Only "special" rooms have Internet access (this is Seattle!) Again, this is not mentioned anywhere on their website or when I *specifically* asked for the difference in room types.
4. Rooms are small but servicable. Nothing to write home about. No irons/boards in the room. No coffee service.
5. No one available to check me out at 6:30am. I left early to try to get to an Internet cafe the desk clerk told me opened at 6am. Uh, it opened at 7:00 and I had to be on my way across town at a meeting by then.
If I were a leisure traveler, none of this would have bothered me quite so much but as a business traveler, no thanks. You definitely get what you pay for. I doubt I'll be back.
- Free Wifi