“location & price can't be beat!”
Review of Inn at Queen Anne

Inn at Queen Anne
Ranked #73 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is older, but it comes across quaint. The location is in a safe area & walking distance to the Chihuly museum the tower, and also the tram to take you into downtown.
There is a fantastic 2 story grocery store a block away and the rooms have small kitchenettes, which is great in such an over priced city. This hotel is the only place I felt I actually got my monies worth. As long as you know you are in an older building that probably belongs on some historic registry and not in a modern hotel you will appreciate the ambiance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location, friendly staff. We stayed for a night. We had a only a few hours next morning before boarding our Alaska Cruise. The 2 hour Coach Tour that we took was amazing. We were lucky to see Salmon going up stream at the ladder, and particularly enjoyed the Pike Market experience. The hotel staff helped with our planning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tourizt
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Inn at Queen Anne. The first room I was given was on the 2nd floor in the 2nd building. I walked in the room and felt like I was getting an instant headache from the odor...a strong bleach odor. I asked for another room and was given one on the third floor with the same odor but not as strong. I opened the windows, turned on the fan and thought it would dissipate. I returned that evening to the same smell. I checked out a day early. I talked to the people at the desk and they had had no other complaints though a woman on the same floor that I asked said she preferred bleach smell to a mildew smell. I have never been in a place with such an odor and it felt toxic...I still don't know what it is. Bleach smells usually go away when it dries I think. Other than that the room was very clean and the people that worked there were nice. It was nice to have coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yellowcat95
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel itself is a little run-down, but the staff seemed friendly, and our room was clean. It even had a little kitchenette. I'm not sure if that was standard in all the rooms, but we certainly didn't pay extra for it.

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the location. It's only a block from Seattle Center, which houses the Space Needle and the EMP Museum, among other things. You can also catch the monorail, which gets you downtown in about 5 minutes. Plus, the neighborhood is full of restaurants and bars that are open late, in case you're in the mood for some food or drink after your busy day exploring the city. There's even a 24-hour grocery store right down the street.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so stick to a first floor room if you're carrying a lot of luggage arou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ended up at the Inn at Queen Ann after not being successful on Priceline. We tried to get a hotel in Seattle for up to $140 (by naming our own price) and when we weren't successful we started looking at different options. We ended up paying $136 (+ tax) for the Queen Anne.

Overall, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was basic and fine. Worn and dated, but I knew that in advance. It was clean. No issues at all and I would recommend this to a friend that shares my same views on traveling.

Note...I would not recommend this to anyone who has to have their 4 star hotels with Egyptian cotton and trendy furnishings. If you've stayed at a basic European hotel/hostel/pension...you'll be fine. But, if you're a cheapskate with caviar dreams, don't stay here because you're just going to complain and give this place a bad wrap it doesn't deserve.

The location is amazing. The hotel is at an intersection that has almost any and every bus driving by every 5 to 10 minutes. This made Seattle so accessible for us. It is NOT in a bad location. The location is just like any other hipster neighborhood in Seattle. Plenty of unique coffee shops and ethnic restaurants to choose from.

In summary...I'd stay here again if I couldn't snag a deal downtown. It got the job done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mad880
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We reserved a room in this hotel for three nights in August 2013. We stayed one night and checked out. To call the hotel "worn" is an overstatement. It is in really, really bad shape. Like, I wasn't comfortable walking on the carpet without shoes on. The sheets were worn and had spots on it that I assumed (hoped) were make-up from a previous guest. Seemed more like a rent by the week/month place. The room did have a full kitchenette in it - of course, in the morning we realize that the fridge wasn't plugged in, so the breakfast we bought had to be thrown away. The wi-fi signal is effectively non-existent and woefully undersized for a property this size. You know it's bad when the website's "room picture" focuses on a table in the room...

Really, this hotel is a scam that benefits from its close location to the Space Needle. The chain hotels nearby cost the same (trust me, we figured it out quick). Moving to one didn't give us the boutique hotel experience we had hoped to have, but we didn't feel like we had to sleep in our clothes. My mom has now learned to read reviews before making reservations.

This hotel, if cleaned well and with minor upgrades could be great. The building has good bones, the landscaping is beautiful, and it's a good location. But right now, I have to believe that the positive reviews are faked by the owners. They should call the show Hotel Impossible. Seriously, they're the perfect case.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jeneshelman
Reviewed September 22, 2013

On September 20th 2013, my wife and i and a couple of other family members checked in for a night. We were a bit nervous about the reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. The best thing about this property is location. Right across the street from Key Arena and Seattle Center. There are many good restaurants around. It is an old apartment building made of brick. A bit worn around the edges, and no elevator. Sleep quality was great , and very quiet at night. Staff was help full . Our room had a kitchenette and was clean. The hallways have antique lighting , witch did add to the atmosphere of a old Hotel.

Room Tip: South facing second or third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family