“Nice, friendly if a little dated”
Review of Inn at Queen Anne

Inn at Queen Anne
Ranked #73 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Near the space needle and easy access to downtown on the bus. Rooms were fine with fridge and laundry facilities available. Plenty of restaurants nearby though we didn't make the best choice. ............

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I first stayed in this hotel five years ago and found it to be perfectly fine for my needs. On my recent return visit, I decided to explore multiple options including other hotels in the area as well as downtown. After lots of research, the Inn at the Queen Anne was still the best when considering price, location, and comfort.
Price – Very affordable for Seattle and being so close to the Space Needle.
Location – You could only do better by staying downtown, but you’d pay an arm and a leg for it. Inn at the Queen Anne is walking distance to the Space Needle and the monorail ($2.25) which will take you downtown. From Westlake Center you can walk just about anywhere you’d want to go. You can also take a bus downtown ($2.25 - $3.00) or even walk if you’re up for it. A great way to walk is through the sculpture garden and along the pier. I did that several times during my stay and it was quite fun and relaxing.
Comfort/Service - This is an older hotel and while its age is certainly showing, I would not classify it as “shabby”. Yes, there are going to be some rough edges but in my opinion it adds to the character of the place. It is clean and well-maintained. Think Day’s Inn. The staff was also wonderful. They were very friendly and always willing to offer assistance with directions and restaurant recommendations.
Downsides – Internet signal was weak and very slow both times I stayed here. I wasn’t working, however, so it did not really bother me. I never said anything to the hotel either. Perhaps there are rooms where the signal is stronger. Additionally, you are staying on the edge of Belltown, and some of the other guests may be partying. Just know that you might hear them coming in between 2am – 4am. It was not bad while I was there, but I did wake up once every night to someone stumbling down the hall. It never kept me up.
Overall, this is an excellent hotel. It met all of my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to people travelling to Seattle on a budget who want to spend time at the Space Needle and Downtown and who don’t mind non-luxury accommodations as long as the hotel is safe and clean. If you are looking for a full service, high end or even exceptionally nice hotel – this is not the place for you. Don’t stay here and don’t muddy the waters with bad reviews.

Room Tip: If you need internet tell the hotel so you get a room with a strong signal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kitscatt
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This really is in a great location. If the place where better renovated, they could charge quite a bit more, but then again, there wouldn't be an affordable place in such an ideal location. Nearly everything (the ferries, downtown, tourist areas) are within a short walking distance.

The service is friendly, and there is really nothing to complain about except that the place is rather worn looking. But, I should clarify: it clearly was a much more rundown place in the past, and it would seem an honest effort was made to work with what they had; anything beyond that would require major construction. Regardless, the rooms were clean and the place is reasonably quiet, despite being in a weekend nightlife kind of area.

The price we were charged during the Memorial Day travel season ($130) was a bit steep, but the regular price is nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in Seattle at the end of May, 2013 and stayed at the Inn at Queen Anne for three nights. True, it is an older hotel and not high end however, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms spacious and the small kitchen was just right. The staff are cheerful and helpful and we found the room to be clean. The Inn is at a great location in Queen Anne for walking, shopping and dining. We would absolutely stay there again. We did ask for a ground floor room facing the courtyard and they gave us one. We had no problem with noise.

Room Tip: Remember that the hotel does not have elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 154913Jane
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Inn at Queen Anne is a former apartment building converted to a hotel. It's clean and comfortable, with a kitchenette. If you're looking for a luxury hotel and plan on spending the majority of your time in your room, this is not for you.

The location is great, as it sits across the street from the Seattle Center and is within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants, Bartel's Pharmacy, a 24 market, the Ladro and Upton coffee shops.

If you're a fan of Dick's hamburgers, there is one right outside the backdoor.

If you plan on using Mass Transit, a number of Buses stop right across the street, or one block to the west.

I have stayed at the Inn at Queen Anne at least a dozen times of the past few years and have not had any major problem.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if stairs are a problem ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John J
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I relocated to Seattle during the end of May and I wanted to find a place in Belltown or Queen Anne. So, I decided to stay here for two weeks and look for a place. This hotel is really old and basic. The staff are nice though.

I stayed in one of their ground-floor rooms and it was cleaned every day. The supplies were promptly replenished every day. The room also has a kitchenette and fridge which really helped. They even did dishes for me. I had only one or two, so, it wasn’t a big deal but I was impressed. I decided to move to Mediterranean Inn because I wanted something more modern.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor. The front desk is loud and there are people walking in and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, it was very affordable, the rooms were nice and I enjoy the vintage antique feel. My room had a comfy bed, a nice view of the city, fridge, & Stove. I stayed here while attending the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show. I would definitely stay here again, I should also add that the staff were great.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor end corner room. I liked this as well as there was a staircase leading...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo