“Great location at a reasonable price!”
Review of Inn at Queen Anne

Inn at Queen Anne
Ranked #74 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very clean, comfortable and quaint. Nothing fancy, but a great place. I understand it was once a monastery. Rooms are tiny renovated apartments. It's not the Ritz (nor nearly as expensive). If you are a hotel snob, it's not the place for you. I needed a place to stay the night prior to an early flight - it was exactly what I needed. Great staff. Blocks from the space needle and many Seattle sites. Great restaurants within 100 yards.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jon R

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location and good price are probably the strongest reasons to stay here. Otherwise we experienced basic service - young staff that knew about Internet access but not about what to do around there (one of the top rated restaurants in Seattle is one block away but none of the staff mentioned this when we asked for a good place to eat - two offered only that they didn't live around there so they didn't know where to eat). The rooms are old, bed foundation was falling in and the room was perpetually hot. We will probably find another place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank bowmanca
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I liked it more then nearby Mediterranean Inn. Maybe it suited my needs better. The buildings and rooms are a bit outdated, but the unit had a full kitchen with gas oven, fridge, microwave and a set of cooking pots-pans. I traveled with my small kid and opportunity to cook him a meal was nice. Personal was friendly, internet free, room had a view on Space Needle and in general it was a nice stay. Guest parking is limited and is extra.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dralthi D
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel has interesting architectural features. It has the original hot water radiator system - much more comfortable than forced air: no variable temps as it goes on and off, no blowing air, no shocks from low humidity. However, since it is a closed system, the same hot water flows from one room to the next so there is no individual thermostatic control. I read ahead that the room would be warm and the street noisy so I opened the window at night and brought earplugs. That worked for me. The kitchenette was complete with saucepan and skillet, a full 4 burner stove with oven, microwave, refrigerator, and small sink. We brought macaroni and cheese and a few breakfast items so were able to save on restaurant meals. The room doesn't have a hairdryer or coffee pot but does have an iron and ironing board. Coffee is available at the desk. All in all, we enjoyed our stay immensely and would give it a 5 thumbs up to anyone else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan N
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for a night for a concert at Key Arena and I will share the good and bad.

Good: Location - The location is probably the best feature of this place, it is right across the street from the arena and Seattle Center complex with the Space Needle and monorail nearby. With the monorail and the new light rail, you can get all the way from here to the airport and never have to take a bus. Also there are a lot of bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks.
Cost - very affordable, the room for my friend and I was only $60 for two twin beds.

Bad: Got woken up by a garbage truck right outside the room very early in the morning. Also could hear other building noise. The building definitely looks old but at least it had a fridge and microwave and very small kitchen setup. Didn't have time to check out the wifi or TV as we were on a tight schedule.

I would probably stay here again if there was a concert in the area and because I am cheap.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank RockhopperPenguin
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked the hotel room about 5 months ago, was glad that my reservation was still in place when I got to Seattle. When I was checking in, a staff member was a little rude had to make a point to let me know that I was wrong when I was making my reservations from a few months ago. Stayed on the third floor, was hard to haul all the bags up the stairs, didn't realize when I booked that the hotel didn't have an elevator. The rooms were simple and modest, but I really loved the old charm that the Inn has because the building is old. I enjoyed that it had a quaint kitchenette that I could use for heating food, and keeping things cold. The room had an excellent view of the Space Needle and it was amazing to see it throughout the day, and to see it lit up at night. The reason for the trip was for a concert at the Key Arena and I loved that the arena was so close. Would definitely stay at the Inn again if I have a concert to go to at the arena. Good AAA rates too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lizlsw79
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Seattle Center (where the Space Needle, Experience Music Project, and other attractions are located) and its very reasonable prices. For about $70 we had a first-floor room with a queen-sized bed and separate small kitchen complete with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, and sitting area. The hotel is on multiple bus lines, and lies within the commercial area of Lower Queen Anne with its numerous shops, restaurants, and two full-service supermarkets within easy walking distance.

Our room was a little worn, but clean and adequate for our purposes. We stayed just one night, but had we stayed longer we would have asked to be moved to another room farther from the front desk, which was only a few steps from our door, and seemed to have a steady stream of business all night, complete with loud voices and a slamming front door. Street noise wasn't really that noticeable.

I would recommend staying here even if your focus is on other parts of Seattle, given the great transit access and wide choice of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms above the first floor and away from the east side may be quieter.