“Charm of yesteryear. Ideal Location”
Review of Inn at Queen Anne

Inn at Queen Anne
Ranked #74 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was in Seattle on a business trip and stayed in a lovely room complete with kitchenette (that I didn't use). Loved the location and the neighborhood. Amazing variety and quality of nearby restaurants. Front desk staff was helpful. This hotel isn't for you if you want the latest plumbing and shower fixtures, but if you value solid character and charm, along with a reasonable price, it's perfect. Windows open which is good. It's a converted convent so has lots of history.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PierreTraveler
There are newer reviews for Inn at Queen Anne

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Queen Ann before so we knew it would be the perfect accomodation while attending the Lady A Concert at Key Arena. Since Key Arena and Seattle Center are just across the street, staying here was a no brainer. Rooms are small but comfy and each has a small kitchenette. The facility was booked solid yet it was peaceful and quiet after we returned from the concert. Lots of good restaurants close by and a liquor store just down the road for a bottle of wine before dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank HawaiiJack
Kdotto, Manager at Inn at Queen Anne, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you! So glad you found us to be a comfortable and convenient place to stay after the concert at the Key Arena. Hope you also enjoyed the show!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is our 2nd or 3rd time staying at the Inn and is still one of the best values if you are going to an event at the Arena. It is a quick 2+ block walk to the Arena, and very close to a number of varied restaurants/bars.
What made it less than we remembered is that now they no longer offer the complementary wine on Friday/Saturday nights which was always a great event.
It is also a walk-up building which makes it a work out if you are on the 3rd floor.
Parking is $15 additional, which is still way cheaper than the garage and most lots in the area when there is an event. However, there are only about 11-12 spaces available so you have to check in early enough to claim one.
It will still be our choice of place when we are going to the Arena but probably has less amenities than other larger hotels on the other side of the Center.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room so you don't have to walk up 2 or 3 flights.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Velvet21
Reviewed March 1, 2012

When planning our trip to Seattle, we had originally booked our room at a chain hotel on the other side of town. I was speaking to someone I met through work who had just moved here from Seattle and she recommended the Inn at Queen Anne - we are so glad she did. We got a great rate ($30/night less than the other hotel) and we were closer to all of the attractions that we wanted to visit.

The rooms (converted from apartments) are quite large and clean and the staff was extremely nice! I wish I knew the name of the young woman who was working when we checked into the hotel - she was so nice and gave us some really good information about the Queen Anne neighborhood.

I have traveled to many large cities and know that quite often, parking is an additional fee. It is at the Inn at Queen Anne as well. We had a car for the first part of our trip and paid $15/night for parking, but had unlimited in and out service. For those readers who have been to NYC, Chicago & DC, you know that this rate is reasonable AND the in and out service is not common. The lot was around the corner and across the street from the hotel (convenient). Later in the trip, we were walking and I saw another downtown hotel was charging $35/night for parking...and I doubt they offered unlimited in and out service.

The negatives - 1 - There is no elevator - carrying bags up and down stairs isn't fun, but is tolerable. 2 - If you are someone who wants everything to be pristine and new, this hotel is not for you. My husband and I commented that it reminded us of the apartments we lived in during college or right after college. The carpet (especially on the stairways) is worn, the bathrooms could use a little love (the tubs are nice ceramic, but the tile grout and vanity in our room have both seen better days...however since everything was clean, we didn't care.) 3 - We were offered a room with a view or a quiet room. We opted for the room with the view. The room faces 1st Ave North (a major street) and you can hear buses/cars. If there is an event at Key Arena, you may hear the people as they are leaving. However, as a plus, much like the children's book "Goodnight Moon" I said “Good Night Space Needle” every night as I drew our window treatments closed. During our next stay, I think I'd opt for a quiet room, which I assume faces the lovely courtyard between buildings.

Heating/cooling - Prior to our trip, we noticed that many viewers complained that they had no control of the room temperatures. I always found our room to be a bit drafty. It wasn't until our last evening that I noticed one of the windows wasn't quite shut all the way. Apparently, a previous quest was too warm and opened it a crack. We closed it and were comfortable. Sadly, closing the window did not eliminate the outdoor traffic/pedestrian noise as I'd hoped.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kdfrench
Reviewed February 20, 2012

WOW, amazing experience. Although the hotel is not new, it has a soul! Amazing time in Seattle. The location is perfect, people are nice, and they offer a really cheap self-loudry ($2 if I remember correctly). I can't say anything bad. AMAZING! I will recommend this hotel to all my friends who want to visit Seattle. Thank you again, and hope to visit this hotel again soon :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pawel J
Kdotto, Manager at Inn at Queen Anne, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with family and friends! It's great to hear you had such an AMAZING time with us. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times, each time for 5 days or more, and I will definitely be back. The hotel is very, very reasonably priced, in a nice neighborhood with lots of restaurants and coffee shops, and well connected to downtown or the Seattle Center. Best of all the service is AWESOME: the front desk is extraordinarily helpful with requests small and large. The rooms are basic but they are extremely clean, and the kitchenettes are a big plus. The hotel doesn't do continental breakfast any more, but there is always coffee available in the lobby, and with the kitchenettes and nearby grocery stores it is no problem to do-it-yourself. The one downside is that on Friday and Saturday nights it can sometimes be noisy when the bars let out. I recommend calling the hotel directly to reserve as you can get better rates than what is available on-line.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank nishkanu
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The most attractive point is its history! Living in it, you can feel the history of past time. Honestly, it does not look like a hotel, it just looks like my own apartment, very familiar. There is a small kitchen in the room. The surroundings are also nice, many restaurants and a supermarket.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank pangzi_z

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you felt at home with us and enjoyed the historic charm of the Inn at Queen Anne, as well as the vibrant neighborhood. We hope to see you again next time you're in Seattle!