“Excellent Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 11, 2014

As an IHG Platinum member I was afforded all the benefits of the membership. The room we were in was on the club floor facing the Space Needle with views out to the left of Puget Sound. The room was one of the nicest I have stayed in and cannot fault it one bit. The bed was very comfy. In 4 days we ate twice in the bar at the hotel and the food was excellent and the portions very ample (for a Brit). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and cannot fault them at all. The location was at the top end of Downtown and therefore quiet which suited us fine but not too far away from the centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizand30
crister, Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Lizand30,

Thank you choosing the Crowne Plaza Seattle as the place to stay during your recent visit. We were delighted you thought so highly of our newly renovated hotel. It was also gratifying to read that you enjoyed your meals in our Lounge and you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Kind regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Pulled up to this hotel and was told by the valet that the price to park was 45 dollars. This was 1/3rd the price I paid for the room. I told him I would not be parking there. I took my bags in to check in and was greeted with "How is your day?" to which I replied "It was good until I see you charge 45 dollars a night for parking and I sure won't be paying that". I got a response saying I would not find cheaper parking as it is all the same price downtown. The sarcasm was turned on at the front desk by the female (tall blonde). She snidely said "we have you on the 26th floor, I hope you aren't scared of heights" so I replied "I just got off a flight at 38,000 feet, you figure it out".
I sent my companions up to the room and searched for "cheap seattle parking downtown". Lo and behold ONE block away I parked in the Seattle Library underground parking, where I paid 19 dollars for the night (I parked at 730 pm and was invited to stay a full 24 hours for 19 dollars, however I left at 12 pm).

Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Although like any hotel, toss the cover off the bed immediately as they are never cleaned. The heating / cooling had no happy medium. It was either HOT or cold. As others have said, the views are nothing to speak of, and the loading zone is quite small. The free wifi maxed out at 1 Mbps (enough to send an email, but forget anything else).

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. Please accept our apology that our staff did not properly communicate the parking options that might be available. Parking downtown Seattle is limited and can be expensive. We offer Valet Parking only with unlimited in and out privileges, but others might have options such as self parking and one time use at different prices. We were also disappointed that your A/C did not work as intended. Thank again for your feedback, and I assure we will use it to train our staff on better communication skills.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our suite was lovely - comfy beds, great views of Space Needle & Puget Sound and good quality toiletries. No mini bar which was odd for this standard of accommodation.
Restaurant meals & service were excellent. Concierge service was appalling and a lesson in how NOT to provide a service for your guests, how to NOT to speak to them and how NOT to even get it right when trying to make up for your bumbling lack of knowledge and inappropriate behaviour toward guests. Overall rating based on quality of accommodations and excellent staff in food & beverage.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tez823,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. We were pleased that you found our location was ideal and close to many of Seattle's attractions and shopping. We were also glad that you thought our rooms were comfortable and well appointed and that our restaurant provided great options and excellent service. It was disappointing to read that our Concierge staff was not able to provide the level of service you and the hotel expects. We value all guest feedback so we can make improvements to our overall services. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission so your comments will be used in our training efforts. Thank you again for providing valued feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We were upgraded to a suite on one of the top floors-- The view was absolutely amazing! The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel is in the heart of downtown, so it is convenient to everything. This hotel really made our stay in Seattle an unforgettable one!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
crister, Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Trumpditty 1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about you stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. We were thrilled to read that you found our staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating, making you feel like royalty and your stay an unforgettable one. As you discovered our location is ideal to both the leisure and business travelers, being centrally located in downtown. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed one night here a couple of weeks ago on a business trip. I had a beautiful corner room and the modern design and art was perfect. I don't usually take all of the free hygiene products from hotels but I took all of these! They were wonderful. The toilet flusher made me a little nervous because I wasn't sure it was going to flush, but it did eventually. The room was listed at $322 but ended up over $400 due to valet parking, and a 15.6% tourism tax. My stay was wonderful, but it was expensive to me. I suppose you won't find anything with a better value in downtown Seattle though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
crister, Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Megan,

Thank for writing a review about your stay at Crowne Plaza Seattle. We are very excited how our recent renovations turned out and were thrilled to see that you found the rooms beautiful and the design and art work to be perfect. The toiletries and in-room amenities have been getting a great reception, we are glad your also enjoyed them. Parking downtown Seattle can be expensive, due to the limited number of parking spaces. We Thank you again for taking the time to write the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Service from check-in, to valet car service, to club room was excellent. Was very surprised when they upgraded me to Club Level. I am an Elite, but sometimes in big cities I don't get upgraded. Snacks in the Club room were good, as was the breakfast in the morning. Rooms were clean, nice and large.

The location is great, very close to a light rail entrance (and quick ride to Safeco Field) and walking distance to Pikes and the waterfront. Within walking distance of the Seattle Library. Wifi was free for priority club members and seemed to be okay speed.

Minus one star for the very expensive ($47) valet parking. A good tip is if you arrive after 5pm, drive down the hill a bit and there are multiple places which offer $8 a night parking.

Westin and Hyatt certainly have nicer rooms and location, but the service was noticeably so much better here than at those two establishments (the Hyatt Seattle is one of my favorite hotels, so that is saying something).

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sunny D,

Thank you for your 4 Star review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. It's great that you found our location to be ideal and close to many of Seattle's popular attractions. As you are aware, parking is limited in the downtown area and can be expensive. We regularly conduct competitive surveys to ensure that our pricing is inline with similar hotels and business in the downtown core. The staff at the hotel are committed to providing excellent customer service and they will be delighted to hear your kind feedback. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I visted this hotel last week and I must say ots really beautiful and really appealing plus the price just right. I had with one thing though at night there is this houseperson who just stops what he is doing and just stares at you like owe hom something, I mean he just gives that creepy look through his glasses and thats not it all the same guy keeps using profanity in the hallways I dont think he cares at all when is in the "quiet floor" it was too much I had to tell my kid to put on some earphones. His name is craig I believe just watch out for hin once you get there Luckily I meet this short skinny houseman who really humb ke and very kind to us who gave sonme earmuffs to sleep through the night. If ever stay over there make sure you talk to the short houseman (joey) very humble I must say he made our night a lityle bit more comfortable.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle. Even though we were happy that you found the hotel to be beautiful and of great value, it was extremely disappointing to hear about your experience with one of our staff. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the hotel and rest assured that your feedback will be used help coach and retrain our associates and prevent it from happening again.
Again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.