“Great located hotel”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Visited Seattle for the weekend and the location of the hotel is superb! Great views of the Space Needle and the water. Walking distance to shopping in downtown and being high on the 28th floor, I was looking down on every building nearby. Thank you for great times in Seattle!

Room Tip: higher floor the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everything was great...check in, priority club breakfasts and happy hour snacks. The only fly in the ointment was the elevators. They had 4 that I saw but only 2 seemed to be running and there were often long waits which was very annoying.

Room Tip: Stay lower down in case you have to walk
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here on two separate occasions within a ten day period, the first for three nights and the second for one night. Overall our stay here was good on both occasions, the hotel is used by a large number of flight crews and is situated on the edge of the business area so it is always busy, wait times for lifts can be a bit lengthy! Our room on the first occasion consisted of a large sitting room and a separate bedroom, on the second we had a corner apartment which consisted of one room but was again quite large, decor in the rooms was quite bland and made the rooms quite dark. Unfortunately there is an exit from Interstate 5 Expressway onto a four way junction immediately outside the main entrance, life starts early in Seattle so a lay in is not to be expected as the windows do not appear to be double glazed!

The hotel is well placed for visiting all areas of the city, shopping centre, Pike market and even the Space needle is within a reasonable walking distance - however it is a city of hills so check your route! Room service was good, hotel meals are a bit pricey however there are plenty of places nearby to dine out at - recommended is the Cheesecake factory on the corner of Pike Street and 7th Avenue, a large well decorated restaurant with friendly staff with over 200 items on the menu - portion control gone crazy plus a selection of over 30 cheesecakes!

Extras are Wifi at $10 a day and if you are parking your car overnight its around $35 a night.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the west facing side of the hotel above the 12th floor, they are quieter and h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeacatF47
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear SeacatF47,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. We were glad you found the location convenient for visiting all areas of the city and your overall stay on both occasions was good. We regret that the traffic noise woke you up early. Many of our guests that are light sleepers enjoy the rooms on the north side of the building. The hotel experiences a high volume of guests in the summer months that occasionally slow the elevator service during peak times. The guestrooms are scheduled for renovations starting in November. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again.

Regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Crowne plaza was undergoing massive rénovation so facilities were restricted. The réception and lounge could not be accessed easily. However, what was missing in the hotel was compensated adequately by the wonderful service rendered by the staff. Rooms were fine and upto usual standard of the Crowne Plaza brand. The location is central with good connections to all transport

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear rini47,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in November of 2012. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during the renovation. The renovation of the public areas is now complete and we hope you get the opportunity to see the wonderful improvements we made. It was great to read you found the service wonderful provided by the staff. Thank you again for your business and we hope to serve you again.

All the Best,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beautiful view, clean and relatively spacious rooms, somewhat dated bathrooms, excellent room service, gym well-equipped. Really enjoyed our stay here after an unexpected hotel change and would highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Overall, my stay here was good. We found the hotel through a great deal on Priceline, it was in a good location and they let us bring two small dogs for a very minimal pet fee (even though there was a snafu regarding the checking in of our dogs that was remedied the next day). All in all a nice time and was ready to give the hotel 4 stars. However, on my last night there, I was harassed by a drunk guest.

I was in the airline quick print boarding pass center waiting to print out my boarding pass for my flight. A guest and her friend were also in the center using the computers to browse the internet, check email etc. The quick printers were not meant for all of this- but whatever- I'm a patient person. After about 10 minutes when it was clear they had no intention of being courteous, I nicely asked one of them if I could hop on a computer real quick to print my boarding pass. The drunk one says sure. I did not know at the time that she sent a 300+ page legal document to the only printer and that said printer was literally printing 5 pages every minute. After another 10 minutes, I asked "hey- how many pages is your document"...just so I could get an idea of how long it would take to get my boarding pass to print. I had an early ride to the airport and wanted to finish packing etc. I figured I would just come down later to retrieve my print out.

The drunk guest starts getting snippy with me and the makes a comment about "this printer sure is taking a long time to print out my document"... I responded "oh.. no problem- but I don't think the printer was meant for big print jobs and there was a faster printer upstairs in the business center". The Drunk guest- then goes on a snip fest stating that life sucks, she was inconvenienced on her vacation so I would have to suffer with her etc etc. Just out of order.

At that point I decide its best to walk away and come back later. I go to the front desk and ask if they could just grab my boarding pass and leave it at the front desk and I would get it later (because it has personal info on it). The dude at the desk asks why I can't wait..I explain what happened with the guest- he tells the night manager who comes out from the back. At this point I think all is well so I go back to my room to pack.

about 25-30 minutes later the room phone rings. I think its the front desk to tell me they have my boarding pass. Do you know when I picked up the phone- it was the DRUNK GUEST calling me from downstairs to tell me she has my boarding pass? I was shocked because how was she able to get my room number? At this point, I go back downstairs to retrieve my pass. As I enter the lobby- she and her friend are walking past me and she makes another rude/snide comment. I look at her strangely and shake my head. I go to the center to get my pass off the printer and find that this tacky women has written all over my boarding pass.

At this point I am LIVID, because I have been harassed. I go back to the front desk and talk to the night attendant and the manager..who assure me that they will take care of the problem, look at the cameras etc and talk to the guest.

To this day, I have heard nothing from the hotel.

When you pay good money to stay in a so called 4 star hotel, you do not expect to be harassed by a drunk guest nor have your property defaced. I'd expect a higher caliber of guest at the Crowne Plaza and in the case when things happen- for them to be remedied expeditiously along with the appropriate follow up. This soured my whole experience. As a frequent business traveler- I am horrified that something like this happened....I have NEVER experienced something like this in another hotel.

I am still waiting to hear back from this hotel, but I won't hold my breath.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear EB,
Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding the experience you had with another guest while staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel- Seattle. It was great to read that your overall stay was good. The hotel provides multiple areas such as business center, workout room, club lounge for our guest to enjoy. It is disturbing to learn you had a negative interaction with another guest while trying to use our business center.
Our staff was not aware that the boarding pass had been intermixed with the other guests documents and that the guest had phoned our PBX operator from their cell phone asking for the name on the pass. The Operator took the incoming call and transferred accordingly, without disclosing any room numbers as this is hotel policy to never give out guest room numbers. We regret that the Front Desk personnel were not able to retrieve the boarding pass before it was intermixed with the other guest documents. By the time the print job was complete the other guests had already defaced the boarding pass and called from their cell phone asking for your room by name.
After reviewing our surveillance videos we were not able to identify the guests that were causing these problems. We apologize for the experience you had with the other guest. We have met as a staff to see what our team can do better to alleviate this from happening again. Solutions include: Posting time limits for the computers and researching getting a designated computer or Kiosk for boarding passes only. This investment should definitely alleviate these unforeseen confrontations in the future.
The Executive staff have met with our Front Desk personnel and reviewed operational standards emphasizing department communication to ensure the Executive team can respond accordingly.
We value you as a guest and appreciate your business.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Overall this hotel was great! I found it to be quite, comfortable and the staff were all so excellent! They were there to assist and ready to help. I found all to be incredibly friendly and willing to strike up a conversation about their city to help the out-of-towner find their adventure. I would recommend this hotel to any traveling to the downtown area who also wants quick walking access to the Cap Hill bar/brewery areas as well as the waterfront, Aquarium, Pike Market, Seattle Art Museum, Space Needle and all the other wonderful places downtown Seattle has to offer. It seemed like a short twenty walk but cab service was inexpensive if you'd prefer to avoid the walk. My one complaint is that I never found vending machines or a gift shop area to pick up a bottle of water or soda. Pick something up for the morning before you call it a night. I would consider this hotel on another trip when I want to experience this area of Seattle.

Room Tip: Discuss available options with front staff if they don't automatically give you the description...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo