“Great location and a room with a view”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was in Seattle for a trade show and stayed 7 nights at the Crowne Plaza in the downtown area and we had a great room on the 31st floor with a wide window view of the Space Needle and the bay. We had two very comfortable queen size beds in a good sized room with a well stocked bathroom with good towels, and HOT water in the shower (it was in the 20's and 30's in Seattle while we were there). We had access to breakfast daily with coffee, juices, an automated pancake machine as well as bagels, fruit and oatmeal (ideal for cold mornings). In the evenings there were small bites( pizza, coconut shrimp & fruit) and a no host bar with reasonable prices for beer and wine. I will stay here again on the next trip to Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher on the west or north sides will have the better views. If you are a Priority Club Elite Membe...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I really appreciate the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff at this hotel. Although the hotel is not the most modern, they do their best to make up for it in their service. Received a nice upgrade and enjoyed the club level for their breakfast options. Beds were great and the sleep comfort helped me enjoy the experience. Location is easy walking to many restaurants and shops. Looking forward to my return in the spring.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here one night and the hotel was under construction, although the entrance was a long hallway that you take an elevator to get to the Lobby (for now) because of construction the place is nice. We had no complaints although we were only there from about 2 am to 12pm the next day and never ate at the restaurant we have been here a couple years ago and were happy with it then, and there food was fine then.
I would say people may be hesitant when a place is under construction but it really isn't much of an inconvenience here. I would recommend this place to my friends. It's nice to be right downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and her son and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on our trip to Seattle to catch an Alaskan cruise. The location was very convenient to everything and the area of downtown was very clean and felt safe. Our room was on the executive level and beautiful view. The concierge was helpful in getting us transport to our ship the day of our cruise. We spent 4 days there and the breakfast buffet was a great start to each day. It was a short walk to numerous sights and activities and transport connections are near and easy to find. Recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JamesB1961
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pleasant staff. Took care of minor issues, i.e. neighbor noise. Too bad renovation restaurant was in process. The temp location was a conference room with no atmosphere. Nice walk from here to convention center though a park over the highway.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul H
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Pherdburfer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It was great to read you found the staff pleasant and enjoyed the nice walk to the convention center from our location. We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced due to the restaurant & lounge renovation. The renovation should be completed soon and we hope you will have the opportunity to see the upgrade first hand. Thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again.
Regards,
Cristy Smith

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I reserved a room online the morning before our stay. I booked directly through the Crown Plaza site. When I booked, the rate displayed at $99/night and it clearly stated that parking was included. When I arrived to check in with my two guests, I was told I would have to pay an additional $20 for the third adult and $38 for their valet parking charge. When I argued that the website did not make it clear that valet parking was a mandatory charge, I was told "of course there is a parking charge, this is downtown Seattle, sir". Total bill ended up being $181 vs. the $99 rate I was quoted when I made the reservation. The hotel itself was nice enough. It is an old building and they were going through construction. It was not worth the $181 I paid, especially given the rude front desk staff. I will not stay at a Crown Plaza again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear mmm585,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We were disappointed to read there was a misunderstanding regarding the extra person charge and that a staff member came across as rude in their interactions with you. There is an extra person charge starting with the 3rd adult in the room that should have been displayed when you booked your reservation as well as on the confirmation. We do have parking packages available but the rate you booked did not include parking. We regret there was any confusion with your reservation. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience at 206-676-3900 or email me at csmith@cphotelseattle.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback.
Regards,
Cristy Smith

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We travelled from Ottawa to Vancouver Island to see family, then took a 4 day trip to Seattle and Portland via the ferry. Once we arrived in Seattle, we decided to walk to this hotel as a way to orienteer ourselves with the city. Do this if you are fit and have minimal luggage. We had two small carry-on suitcases which didn't cause us too much difficulty.

Once we arrived at the hotel, received an upgrade (probably due to my gold status with this hotel chain), and a warm welcome. Within a half hour, a knock appeared at our door with a plate of very delicious large chocolate chip cookies and a litre of milk - we were so grateful. During our two night stay we visited the hotel bar at least four times...we thoroughly enjoyed happy hour and a nightcap.

If we ever make it to the west coast again, and to Seattle we would certainly not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple