“Outstanding Customer Service”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My fiancée and I planned a last minute 4 day trip to Seattle to catch a Seahawks game and get some of our Christmas shopping done. Being last minute and a long weekend at that; we ended up booking through Priceline as we were trying to get the best deal possible. The hotel that accepted our offer was the Crowne Plaza. I must say I was skeptical at first when we were placed in this hotel. However, once we got there it was a blessing in disguise. The service was by far the best I've ever received in Seattle and I've stayed at the majority of the 4 star hotels in the area. Now prior to arriving we joined the Priority Club based on some of the reviews we read online (it is free to sign up and I agree with most it is a must have). When we finally arrived we were both really tired and a little annoyed with the fact it took us so long to get there (2 hour wait at the border and almost a 5 hour drive due to accidents on the highway, etc). When we got inside we were greeted by Paul Hvidsten - the front desk manager. Paul was AMAZING to say the least and was probably one of the key reasons we had such a fantastic stay. Upon checking in I let Paul know about our border/traffic ordeal and also proceeded to let him know that we were going to have a couple of guests join us in our room prior to the Seahawks game for some pre-game beverages. He continued to ask me a few questions and then to our surprise Paul upgraded us to a suite to ensure we had some extra room for when our guests arrived. The room was beautifully decorated, spacious and had a great view of the city. We had two flat screen TV's - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The bathroom was a perfect size and the room came with a bar fridge which was perfect :) I also really liked that the living room and bedroom had different temperature controls. I think we were on the opposite side of the highway so we had no problems with traffic noise as others suggested. Like others mentioned we could vaguely hear people in the other room while we were in the living room but it wasn't intrusive and we couldn't hear it from the bedroom. The sleep was great and the bedding was perfect. The only advice I'd provide is you may want to bring your own pillows or call down and ask for bigger ones if they have it as the ones on the king size bed were a bit tiny. Luckily for us when we left home we ended up bringing two of our king size pillows with us for the car ride. Speaking of cars – we parked downstairs at the hotel valet and I’ve seen others mention that parking was expensive. I have to disagree a little here. If you’ve stayed at other hotels in downtown Seattle you’d know that the majority of them are $40+ so the rates here are comparable and actually a little bit cheaper. The rooms were kept squeaky clean each and everyday and the best thing about the hotel was the friendly staff. I don't ever recall staying at a busy hotel and the desk staff and parking staff remembering you and greeting you by name each and every time you walked by. It was outstanding and made us feel important and welcomed. I'd definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza Seattle to anyone and everyone and we’ll definitely be back.

Ps – I hope this feedback is reviewed by the hotel so I can extend my thanks to Paul for the wonderful service and for making our stay very memorable. And in addition, I usually would never think to talk about the valet staff but I wanted to ensure that the young lady (sorry forgot her name) at valet downstairs gets the recognition she deserves. She was very courteous, super helpful and by far one of the hardest working individuals we encountered during our stay.

Room Tip: Join the priority club - it's free and it's definitely a benefit!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the recommendation of friends, and the customer service rep. at Victoria Clipper (a catamaran that runs between Seattle and Victoria). This was a package which included return trips on the Clipper. The cost was $289 each for two rooms for three nights---this price included travel. Somehow, my 3 sisters and I got an upgrade to Club Class on our two adjoining queen rooms on the 33rd of 34 floors, and the result is that this will be the only place I stay in Seattle from now on. The hotel is centrally located, very close to both shopping and museums. Customer service was excellent and dedicated to efficiency. Each room was lovely---immaculately clean and not over-decorated, with both a small fridge and a safe hidden away. The bathrooms were spacious, well-appointed (extra toiletries provided immediately on request), and scrupulously clean ( I checked!) The beds were dressed in flawless white, and the sheets smelt as though they'd just been brought in off the clothesline: fresh, not perfumed. The mattress was very comfortable, with just the right firmness, and there were ample pillows. Best yet, there was a blanket (and multiple sheets) on the bed and not an insufferably hot duvet. I prefer a cool room, and that was easy to achieve with the thermostat and fan. There was ample cupboard space for two of us, even with our crazy shopping. They even put a clip on the drapes so that they would close entirely and block out all light! We could vaguely hear people in the other rooms, and traffic noise (we faced Mt. Rainier), but the noise wasn't intrusive, nor did it keep me from sleep. We didn't have recourse to room service because a delicious and fresh continental breakfast was included in the cost of the room (a phenomenal value!), and there are lots of good restaurants in the area. The bank of elevators moved swiftly and efficiently, despite a heavy load of visitors. There are two restaurants in the hotel: we used only the Grill for drinks on the first night: very comfortable and very reasonably priced. I can't think of a single problem with this hotel or this stay. I would highly recommend it, but I will add that this was Club Class. I can't speak for the rest of the hotel. Also: these arrangements were made through the Victoria Clipper. Speak to a rep rather than making arrangements on-line, because I believe he gave us the up-grade without my having to ask. This is the second time I've made my travel arrangements through them, and I wouldn't attempt to go to Seattle any other way.

Room Tip: Ask for Club Class.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia K
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Patricia K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff to be accommodating and attentive to yours needs. It was great to read this will be the only place you stay while visiting Seattle. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.
All the Best,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here on a week long business trip and had an excellent stay. Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, god quality toiletries provided.
Staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, and reception areas are spacious and comfortable.
The breakfast is very varied, with differing choices each day from the hot buffet or omelettes and waffles made to order. Food within the Regatta Bar is good quality and reasonably priced, but there are lots of good restaurants within an easy stroll.
The hotel is very central for both business and leisure, making it an ideal base regardless of the reason to visit, and I will definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors offer harbour views
1  Thank Debby W

Dear Debby W,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle for your week long business trip and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was great to read you had an excellent stay and found the rooms spacious and beds comfortable. Thank you also for complimenting our staff for being genuinely friendly and helpful. We really appreciate your business and are delighted you will definitely stay with us again in the future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had to stay in this hotel due to business. I had a conference on the W so it was very convenient walk there. I didn't rent a car since Westlake Plaza and other places in downtown is walking distance. Pike Peak's and the Needle are walking distance but not as close as you think! I gave up walking back and took a cab.

I had a beautiful view of the Space Needle. The room was spacious with a king size room and a desk area. The closet fit my 2 suitcases. The bathroom was roomy as well. The hotel could use some updates or make it a little bit brighter, I felt it was dark at times. I prefer natural lights and kept the windows open most of the time.

It would have nice if they offered free breakfast. I did ordered room service and the food was pretty good, but I did not have any other meals there.

Dear KandyKane056,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a beautiful view of the Space Needle from your guestroom. Our location is within walking distance to many Seattle attractions, restaurants and world class shopping. Seattle is a great city for convenient public transportation including the monorail, streetcar and bus system. Please check our website for packages we have available that include breakfast. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight to attend a football game at the Century Link field and it was a perfect lication! Within blocks from all shopping in downtown and walked to the game as well. It was a little more walking than what i wanted to but it was fine. Got upgraded for being an platinum member in their loyal program to a view of the space needle and Seattle skyline. Room was clean and service was good. Overall, fabulous trip to Seattle!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear angelaandmikeoregon,
Thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle to attend a football game at Century Link Field. We are indeed centrally located with walking distance to the best restaurants, shopping and city landmarks. Seattle also has great public transportation available including the monorail, streetcar and bus system. Thank you also for being a Platinum Priority Club Member and we are pleased you enjoyed the upgraded room with a view of the Space Needle and Seattle Skyline. We know that you have many choices when it comes to lodging and greatly appreciate your loyalty to IHG. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in the very near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a little biased here. I stayed in an executive suite and the room and view were great! I was concerned at first because our room was literally right next to the elevator, but surprisingly the room was very well insulated against any outside noise so there was no nuisance factor. A view of the cascades is nice, but a view of the Space Needle is even better. ;) I've stayed in both and prefer the latter.

Walking distance t oeverything if you're in shape. But hey, that's Seattle. If you can't walk up and down hills then don't try because the hills in Seattle can be steep. This place is just 7 blocks from the waterfront (Ivar's is a must) 4 blocks from all sorts of shopping in every direction (Pacific Place, City Centre, Nordstrom's, North Face, Columbia, and many more). The monorail is just 4 blocks away so the Space needle and Convention Center is very accessible too!

The continental breakfast was fresh and well stocked. Nice selction too. The Pancake machine was broken though :( Drinks and refreshments at dinner time as well :) Remember this was a benefit of the executive suites though. The Regatta on the 2nd floor was good too.

The staff was very professional and the turndown service was great!

I will definitely stay here again and again.

Dear Seahawksman,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle. We are glad to read you enjoyed the executive suite and the wonderful views from the guestroom. Seattle is a great walking city and our central location affords us an excellent proximity to the best restaurants, shopping and city landmarks. As a general rule of Seattle the hills go east/west. While north/south is more typically fairly flat. Sections of Seneca are steep, so if you are heading down to the waterfront or the Pike Place Market we recommend walking north on 6th avenue then turn west when you reach Pike, which has the least incline. We appreciate your business and are delighted you would definitely stay here again and again.
All the Best,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was at the Crown Plaza for business and loved it. It may seem expensive but I am sure that it is within the same range as any other higher end hotel in the area. Breakfast buffet was ok. Rooms were cleaned by excellent housekeeping staff! Don't forget to tip those ladies. All staff, from the front desk, housekeeping waiters, waitresses, valet etc were great. Location is uphill around the hotel so some people my find that walking is somewhat difficult. Sometimes waiting at the long light to cross the road can be dangerous. Cars travel quite fast coming off the highway. This area can be a blind spot to tourists if they are not careful. All in all, my experience with this hotel was great. kudo to the Crown Plaza

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gary H,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us in June. We are pleased to read you found the room clean and the staff great. Seattle terrain is hilly and green. The seven hills of Seattle is an unofficial designation of several hills that historians claim the city of Seattle was built on and around. As a general rule of Seattle the hills go east/west. While north/south is more typically fairly flat. Sections of Seneca are steep, so if you are heading down to the waterfront or the Pike Place Market we recommend walking north on 6th avenue then turn west when you reach Pike, which has the least incline. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again.
Kind Regards,