Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
$139
Hotwire.com
  • Fitness center
1,530 results
All reviewsregatta barspace needleclub levelvalet parkingwithin walking distancecorner roomhigh floorfew blocksper nightalaskan cruisefront desk staffpike place marketdowntown arealight railbusiness centerpioneer squaresafeco field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Friendly staff and excellent concierge staff. Very nice and clean facility. Small fitness center. We did not eat on site there are a lot of other options. A decent location for walking around the city. Walk down any of the streets toward the market but Pike is the best street to walk back up to avoid the steep hills. There is free internet. There is not a separate vanity away from the bathroom. The facility has energy efficient bathroom fixtures which do not offer a lot of pressure. A lot of the stores in the area close early, by 7:30 or 8:00. There is street noise in the morning so get a high room or an interior room to avoid it. I ordered Pizza from room service and I don't know what kind of cheese was on it but it was horrible, the worst thing I've ever had. It was sour and just plain rank. So if you're considering the pizza tell them what kind of cheese you want on it.

Room Tip: To avoid the street noise get a higher up or interior room. Although the exterior rooms have nice views of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall this hotel was outstanding. It's older, but it's holding it's age well. We arrived very late, but there was no issue with getting a room. We had a perfect view of the city and the Needle, so it was great to arrive the first night and get a view like we had. I reserved a King room and what I got was what appeared to be a suite... there was a separate bedroom...Not certain if this is typical, but either way, there was more than enough room. The room was very clean and cleaning over our 4 days was done well, only a bit later in the day than I preferred. Most of the staff was great. The location of the hotel was excellent. Near the highway, but central enough to walk...the walk was reasonable to the Stadiums, the Piers, and to most entertainment areas/neighborhoods. We rode the Monorail to the Needle, but we actually walked once as well. As far as the hotel is concerned...I have zero issues and would highly recommend this place! Unfortunately....the restaurant staff was the downside to this stay. We arrived to the hotel after a long day and night of touring the city Saturday night. We were tired and wanted something to eat with no hassle. We walked up to Regatta (2nd floor of the hotel). There were a few tables with people, but we saw no host or other staff. We looked around for posted hours....our snooping caught the attention of a man who asked if he could help us. I asked what time they closed....his response was a half hardy "we are pretty much closed now". I looked at my watch and saw it was 9:20pm....I began walking away, knowing that this place could not be closed at 9pm....but I responded with, "we are staying here and just wanted to grab a bite"....as I walked away. The man realized he had messed up and began back tracking...it was too late. His initial response told me that we would get less than great service and possible poor food. We left and mentioned this to the front desk staff, as we asked for a close restaurant recommendation. We never heard another word about it. With that....stay for the hotel, but avoid the restaurant...I have a feeling this is the one poor spot of this gem. It's sad, but I think all places do. We didn't valet...but it seems that every hotel charges, so be ready. We didn't eat here...so can't comment. The business center was well appointed. When we checked out the day of departure, we had several hours...the bell staff happily stored our luggage while we finished some fun and this was a great help! We didn't take advantage of any other amenity here, but I can't imagine it being bad (minus the restaurant).

Room Tip: I highly recommend a "high room, city view" room....get a view of the city and needle!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nice hotel, let us check in early at 12 pm, however we were there for 2 nights and our room was not cleaned by housekeeping staff. The hair dryer malfunctioned and had to be replaced (but not in time for me to make it to my appointment). Hotel is within walking distance to Pike's Market and Pioneer Square which is why I chose to stay here. There is a great breakfast place just down the street called Sweet Iron Waffles--highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear redheadrn78,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle. It was great to read we were able to accommodate an early check-in for you. It was disappointed to read your room was not serviced by the housekeeping staff for two nights and your hairdryer malfunctioned and was not replaced in time to make your appointment. Your comments will be shared with our staff to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future. We value your business and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves if your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Regards,

Cristy Smith

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first visit to a Crowne Plaza hotel and I have to wonder why did I wait?? The hotel is beautiful and customer service was top notch. Their beds just may have been the most comfortable of any hotel ever. I will continue to look for Crowne Plaza hotels when I travel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The building is old but well maintained. We had a free upgrade as we are priority club members the room was large and the bed very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast is excellent value. The guy serving was excellent and service was prompt. We had the buffet breakfast which includes an omelette/waffle station.

The hotel is in the downtown area.

• Stayed: September 2012