“Great place for a business stay...”

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area
Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Great place for a business stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the Washington Coalition for Open Government 2012 conference up the block on night of March 9-10. Arranged for my stay a few months before so I could get best available rate. Was able to check in at 10 am and take my bag up, declined to accept a $100 hold on my debit card though simply because I wanted in-room WiFi. Found the suite great with a nice desk strong enough to take my 30lb bag + big enough to let me clutter, a nice sofa, a refrigerator, complimentary coffee, a closet and a very comfortable bed. Not to mention a great view and an even better job done by housekeeping.

Also very nice to have the business center to check on e-mail & Facebook on the fourth floor. I was the only person using the already-paid for internet though at 4:30 PM and then 10:30 PM for two half-hour sojourns on a Friday night, though. Felt very safe inside the hotel, what with the elevators across from the front desk.

Do appreciate that the hotel is three blocks downhill along Seneca Street and then on 3rd Avenue is a staircase to the light rail. Only a bit longer walk to the waterfront & the ferries.

I did take a few pictures of the suite. Hopefully shows the good work by housekeeping.

Finally, I'd recommend the hotel for anybody NOT on a tight budget... very comfortable AND QUIET place. Couldn't hear anybody else nor the elevator from my suite during my stay.

Room Tip: Go through CPHotelSeattle.com & after clicking reservations click "Best Available Rate"...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Good clean comfortable hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. We booked via Hotwire and were rather shocked to see parking at $40 per night (once taxes included) and wi-fi at $10 per day. Lesson learned on Hotwire there.

Only complaint with the hotel was the noisy rooms. We thought the air conditioning was stuck on, so had the engineer up to our room to check (the guy came quickly, even though it was midnight). We were told that the noise was coming from the wind gushing past the vent, it wasn't air conditioning at all, and the noise couldn't be stopped. Every room is like that! Thankfully we had ear plugs, there was no way we were going to sleep with that noise. Have never been in a hotel like that. Sadly would not go back to this hotel for this reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lighty1966
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Lighty1966,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I assure you our parking fee is comparable to what you would normally find for
downtown Seattle. You comments on the wind coming through the vents
will be shared and looked into. Thank you again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here twice during the month of January and enjoyed both stays. They have a wonderful complimentary wine tasting in the early evening and they were very accommodating with any of our needs. The location is outstanding and parking, although not free, was very quick and easy. They allowed us to leave our car long after our check out time so we stayed in town and shopped after our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicki M
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have have stayed a couple times at the Crowne Plaza Seattle and have been pleased both times. The staff has always been friendly and willing to accommodate my special requests. All three rooms I've stayed in have been clean, large, and have had great views of the city. I have been pleased by the club-level snack provided in mornings and evenings with a wide selection and fresh fruit and vegetables, along with a selection of hot food in the evening. The hotel is conveniently located near hundreds of restaurants and is within walking distance of many tourist attractions and shopping. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ken E
Frome, Somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I visited the wonderful city of Seattle in early July 2011 and was very pleased with the city. While I was there i stayed with my parents in the Crowne Plaza. Upon first seeing the hotel i was worried about the location being very close to the Interstate and how nosiy it was going to be in are room. But luckly the windows in the hotel are very sound proof.

The outside of the hotel, 70's concerte walls and brown glass which is a very un-comfortable look and made the hotel look very dull. The atrium in the lobby is very nice and the check-in staff are very helpful. The slowest Elevators I have EVER used in my life!

The rooms where of a big size, the colour choise was not the best, being very dark and boring. The bathroom was very dated. The daily USA Today was very nice. The beds were a bit small.

The breakfast was amazing! All the food was lovely, all fresh and plenty of choice.

But overall an avarage hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms above Floor 4 are better.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RoxyLeo1985
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear LionTraveller1995,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your visit to The Crowne Plaza Hotel in July 2011. We apologize we did not fully meet your expectations. The hotel is in the design phase for a complete renovation of the guestrooms which will begin soon. It was good to read you enjoyed some aspects of your stay and found the hotel quiet, the breakfast amazing and our staff helpful. There are times we experience high volumes of guest using elevators which slows service down and we regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Thank you again for your comments.

Regards,
Cristy Smith
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have used hotwire before and I have no complaints with the company. I was looking for a 3.5-4 star hotel in the Downtown Seattle area and I ended up with the Crowne Plaza. The location is great however, when we checked in we were asked for a credit card to put an $100.00 hold on for the remainder of our stay. Our room was already paid for through hotwire and I would have understood if they wanted a credit card to keep on hold but they actually placed an $100.00 hold on the card. We inquired about complimentary continental breakfast and the concierge said there was no such thing. Bummer.

After we settled that issue we were told that we had a view facing the ocean. Upon arrival at the room on the 26th floor there was no such view. I did not have the energy to go back downstairs and request another room. The next morning about 9:00 when I wanted to take a hot shower, there was no hot water. The water was barely luke warm so I called the front desk and they sent up their engineer who was very helpful and friendly. He mentioned the hotel recently replaced their boilers and that during peak bathing hours where everyone is competing for hot water the floors higher up get the short end of the stick. Seriously? He noticed that we were leaving and asked if we were going to get breakfast. I replied yes and he told me about the 32nd floor that was for members of the loyalty program, which we signed up for during check-in and the concierge never mentioned. At that point I was delighted to know that because the hot water wasn't working properly I had met the generous engineer who had taken us to the complimentary breakfast floor where the service was excellent, but I was beyond frustrated with the Crowne Plaza front desk and can only hope for a better experience (if ever).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Courtney D
Dear Courtney D,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the hotel. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. It is customary for hotels to request a form of deposit, either cash or credit card upon check-in even if the room charges are pre-paid. Credit or debit cards are pre-authorized for expected charges. At check-out the total charges are applied against the pre-authorization and what is not used is released upon check-out. The length of time for the release to be reflected on an account depends on each credit/debit card issuer, which is typically 3-5 days. We apologize this was not communicated to you clearly at the time of check-in.
Our Club Lounge on the 32nd floor has complimentary continental breakfast available for guests that reserve rooms on the club level or based on availability for our Gold and Platinum Priority Club members.
I regret that there was a misunderstanding regarding the information given by the engineer on duty. We recently installed new boilers and a hot/cold water mixing valve. We discovered the valve was incorrectly adjusted and was adding more cold water than hot water to the system. We have adjusted the valve to the proper mixing level and all of our guestrooms are receiving hot water regardless of the occupancy.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Regards,

Cristy Smith
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

fairly ok, staff helpful. Breakfast staff quite committed to deliver good experience. Location great, good jogging path. Parking very expensive (but probably not a Crowne-Plaza specific problem in downtown Sea)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business