“Casual comfort in groovy Belltown”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Casual comfort in groovy Belltown”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love the ACE. Perfect location, walking distance to Pike Place market and downtown but in the heart of a funky new area with lots of offbeat shops and great cafés. Very friendly staff. The room we had was slightly larger with its own bathroom - funky rotating wall separates the room from the tiled, moderne design-y bathroom. Everything in tasteful white and slate grey. Bed super comfy - great bedding. Restored furniture. Minimalist design - but the result is warm and comfortable. Added bonus: breakfast in the friendly downstairs kitchen with waffles, yogurt and great coffee. Who could want more? Good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had read a lot of great things about the Ace hotels. Everything I read was true, and more. I have done the hostel/shared thing before, but this is like glam hostel with perfect boutique shared bathrooms. Everything is super clean, the rooms are spacious and the location is perfect if you want to go to Pike Place or the Space Needle. A bit on the pricey side, but worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jessicax0
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A HOTEL WITH ONLY SHARED BATHROOMS?: EEEEWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I realized that I do use the public showers at the gym, dance studio, and Yoga studio...and all the Ace Hotel reviews average 4 and say its cool...so since I was going solo for 1 night and it was only $109/night for downtown Seattle, I took a leap of faith...

PROS:
1. Bathrooms: Clean, lockable, chic, free shampoo/conditioner/body wash...it was really doable.
2. Location: Space Needle, Pikes Market, Cruiseship Terminal and "dozens" bars within walking distance. Ace is even on top of a bar, Cyclops,and it was alright.
3. Breakfast: Free! I ate 2 Belgian Waffles, 1 Bowl of Almond Granola with Soy Milk, 3 cups of coffee, 2 cups of OJ, and 1 Apple.
4: Bed: Warm and Cozy.
5. Free WiFi
6. Noon Checkout! Plus you can leave your luggage in their office afterwards.
7. Ambience: Cool, Modern, Hip, IKEAish, and Clean.
8. Boys: The guys who staffed this place were friendly, helpful, and pretty darn cute(I'm 49% gay, so I can admire).

CONS:
1. It might be a bit noisy, I was in room 124, but Ace does provide ear plugs in the goodie jar.
2. Your American girlfriend or wife probably won't find this very romantic...though 2 condoms are provided in the room for free. (Also in the goodie jar.)
3. Small room, but its definitely doable if you don't plan on being in your room much anyways.
4. More hostel than hotel...but you do get your own private room...and I've never stayed in a hostel so I guess I can't make a legit comparison.
5. The price could be a bit lower, but $109 was the cheapest in downtown Seattle / Belltown.

Overall, this hotel is straight out of an episode of Portlandia. I didn't see many other guests around, but they all seemed to be foreign or hipsterish, and at age 33 1/3, I think I was the oldest person staying there. If you've done the hostel thing in Europe, Ace is for you. I'd definitely stay at another Ace Hotel again... but only if I was going solo again and if I'm not a rich snob by then.

TIP1: Don't forget to bring your room towels with you to the shower! I had to make a run for it, soaking wet, back to my room. :(

TIP2: If you're flying into SEA-TAC, take the Light Link Rail to downtown Seattle for only $2.75. If you just have a carry-on luggage you can probably hoof the 10 blocks to Ace, but otherwise a taxi from the station was only another $5.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank John P
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I truly love the Ace Hotel in Seattle. It is conveniently located in Belltown, just a few minutes walk north of the famous Pike Place Market. We were in a deluxe room on the lower level with its own restroom. The front desk person was super nice in making our room warm. The room was extremely cold so we asked to have the radiator turned on. We left for the day and came back to a very warm and cozy room.

I love that the hotel has a small refrigerator in the room. The fridge was empty. At other hotels, I always the staff to remove contents of the fridge. The Ace Hotel knows that we love empty refrigerators so we can store leftovers. There is also Brita filter pitcher so you can fill up your own tap water. Excellent idea!

We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast so I really cannot comment on it. There are washers and dryers in the common area on the ground floor for guests to use. Another awesome idea!

I will definitely stay at the Ace again when I am back in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers a truly neat experience. It's unlike any I have stayed in and was worried at first. The hotel is very trendy and clean. The rooms look like a nice dorm. But are very comfortable and fun. Most rooms don't have a toilet or shower. However the showers and toilets are private, they are individual setups with a lockable door. Shampoo and soap are provided along with robes. My only complaint, and this could be a positive for some. Was the bar downstairs played music until 2am. But, hey! There's a bar downstairs!! I don't recommend this for families. But for couples looking for a wonderful traveling experience it's a perfect fit.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Uco_guy
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great little place! Room was beautiful and the shared bathrooms immaculate! Was a little worried as haven't stayed somewhere with a shared bathroom for years but needn't have worried! Funky little place great staff... Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Dollyp30
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very impressed by the quality and price of tha Ace hotel,the staff were friendly and the room comfortable and quiet and the included breakfast was ok, it is close to bars and restaurants and all the major sights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo