“Neat experience”
Review of Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel
Ranked #57 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers a truly neat experience. It's unlike any I have stayed in and was worried at first. The hotel is very trendy and clean. The rooms look like a nice dorm. But are very comfortable and fun. Most rooms don't have a toilet or shower. However the showers and toilets are private, they are individual setups with a lockable door. Shampoo and soap are provided along with robes. My only complaint, and this could be a positive for some. Was the bar downstairs played music until 2am. But, hey! There's a bar downstairs!! I don't recommend this for families. But for couples looking for a wonderful traveling experience it's a perfect fit.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Uco_guy
There are newer reviews for Ace Hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great little place! Room was beautiful and the shared bathrooms immaculate! Was a little worried as haven't stayed somewhere with a shared bathroom for years but needn't have worried! Funky little place great staff... Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dollyp30
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very impressed by the quality and price of tha Ace hotel,the staff were friendly and the room comfortable and quiet and the included breakfast was ok, it is close to bars and restaurants and all the major sights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Ace Hotel in late June with an almost 2 year old, and we loved our time at this hotel. In particular, the customer service was superb. We made a lot of minor requests (storing bikes in the office, a playpen in our room, parking, restaurant recommendations, storing luggage, getting an iron, etc.) and every time the front desk staff was extremely quick and helpful, going way beyond what was asked. For example, I emailed the hotel before we arrived to ask if there would be somewhere to store our bikes. They replied immediately that we could keep them in the office. When we arrived, they were expecting us, and the awesome guy at the front desk even came down and helped carry the bikes up. They also made sure that we didn't overspend on parking, explaining exactly the best method of combining street parking and lot parking to get the cheapest parking possible.

Sure, the rooms are old and you have to have your windows open. Don't stay at a unique, eclectic property if that's not what you're wanting. There are some incredible charms to this place, like the artwork in the rooms, the wallpaper in the huge bathrooms, and the maze of stairs and hallways. Speaking of the bathrooms, sharing was not a problem at all. They provide bathrobes, and there are plenty of bathrooms. We never had to wait to have a shower.

The location is phenomenal. Once we arrived, our car stayed parked the whole time. We easily walked everywhere, even with a toddler.

If I could criticize anything it would be the breakfast, which fell into the common continental breakfast trap of being basically all carbs. But it really wasn't a problem, and the coffee was really good. They also provide to-go cups so you can take your coffee with you.

My daughter loved going out to the front desk and drinking the cucumber-infused water, and the front desk staff were always delighted to see her. There were other places in Seattle that did not make us feel as welcome with a small child, but this hotel was not one of them. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I rarely speak poorly of an establishment but I think other tourists deserve fair warning. I chose this hotel because it received positive reviews and figured it was part of the Ace boutique hotel franchise. We were able to check in early and my husband napped. He was able to sleep with his ear-plugs while I heard our neighbor screeching for an hour and playing loud music in the afternoon. Also, the windows are old and have a/c units which let in a lot of street noise. In the evening, I hoped our neighbor would drink too much and pass out so we could have a quieter night. Well, he drank and was even louder. We tried the front desk at 3:50 am and there was no answer. My husband knocked on his door and asked him to keep the noise down but the guest just cursed and carried on. We tried the front desk again and this time they answered. They spoke to the guest. But, the story gets worse. The next day they moved the guest and us. We were changed to a room with two windows on a busy street and we found out the noisy guy was one room over. Nothing made sense, we had no rest and our initial stay in Seattle was sullied. My brother made a joke about the hotel before we checked in and we should have listened to him.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank RChop
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Loved this hotel for our first visit to Seattle. Location was perfect; far enough from the main centre of Seattle to explore some of Belltown's great bars and restaurants. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. The room was small however had everything that we needed. We even had a view of the Seattle waterfront which looked amazing at sunset. Breakfast was included which comprised of toast, waffles, muesli and yoghurt. Great value for money; highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was a bit wary about staying at this hotel - from some of the more negative reviews, I was anticipating a youth hostel-like atmosphere and a noisy environment. In my experience, nothing could be further from the truth. My room was clean, comfortable, and funkily furnished.

The bathrooms were right across the hall and immaculate. There was no wait to use them - at least two were always available.

The employees were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were quick with suggestions for restaurants and activities and a pleasure to talk with.

Breakfast was very good. Try the waffles, but there's a bit of a learning curve with the waffle machine.

The location of the Ace is also great - lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, and the Pike Place Market is a 15-20 minute walk down 1st Ave. The Space Needle and Olympic Sculpture Park are also nearby.

The Ace is perfect for solo travelers and couples. I saw guests of a variety of ages staying there, so I wouldn't say the hotel appeals exclusively to 20-something hipsters.

I have no complaints - highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo