Ace Hotel
$317
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$239
  • Pool
$279
$215
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

$189
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$230
$195
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$185
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$186
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$246
$217
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $288/night.

Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)
$230
$169
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$195
Travelocity
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

All reviewsshared bathroomyogurtstumptown coffeeyouth hosteldeluxe roomdiy wafflesheavy luggageno liftwaffle makerbody washmake your own waffleship hotelbreakfast roombars and restaurantspike marketwithin walking distancelocation is great
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Ace in Portland and knew what to expect with this property and were not disappointed in the least. Yes, you are sharing a bathroom/shower with the other guests but, you are lucky if you even see another guest. There are lots of shower rooms available and the only other people we saw were the staff, who were beyond lovely! Be warned that if you have an issue with stairs, this may not be the place for you as the lobby is on the second floor and breakfast is 2 flights down, but the front desk staff offered to bring up and take down our luggage, which was great and the breakfast room was worth the climb (Stumptown coffee = yum!). My only "complaint" was the fact that the room was a bit stuffy. There was a fan in the room, which moved the air a bit, but, being July, it was warm. Our room did face 1st Ave and was on the first floor, so opening the window was not an option (bar downstairs and traffic noise). When we go back (and we will) we will ask for a room that does not face the busy street. Cudos to the Ace people for having such a great product and having cool staff to man the helm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street. Some rooms are closer to the showers/toliets than others. Take time to sit in the lobby area and enjoy the ambience!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room was small, but sufficient. We used the share a bath option and it was a great deal! Many bathrooms per hotel rooms per floor. Hotel, rooms and bathrooms were super clean. Besides not having elevators for the luggage, this place was awesome. Super location in Belltown. I don't believe they had parking, but didn't need a car as everything was so close! Efficient, helpful and knowledgeable staff. They had a laundry room for guests and kitchen we could use. Included continental breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 6 nights at the ACE in late June early July. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor about the ACE and checked out the photos too. I looked at other hotels at the $200 a night price point and location within Seattle. I chose the ACE due to its price and location. I was not disappointed. I would gladly stay at the ACE again, and in fact I hope I get the chance too. It is a perfect hotel from which to explore Seattle.

Did I mention its great location at the corner of 1st Ave and Wall St.? Well it is perfect as you are right in the middle of Seattle and can walk everywhere. Not to mention that Belltown is a very hip and happening location too, if you are looking for nightlife. We were in Seattle to explore the city and all it had to offer. The ACE was our base camp. We made walking trip to the following places:
Pikes Place Market - easy walk right out the hotel front steps, make a right on 1st Ave and walk - too easy.
Seattle Center - The tower, music experience, etc. Another easy walk. Out the hotel front door and head north and west. North up Wall St. and then West on any of the numbered avenues. Explore them all. 2nd has good shopping and eats. 3rd is the same. etc.
Pioneer Square - Again out the front door and right on 1st Ave, past Pikes Place Market about another mile.
The Water Front and Aquarium - Once again out the front door and right on 1st Ave. Pikes Place Market and the stairs to the water.
The ferry terminals. We made two trips. One to Victoria, BC. The ferry is a 10 min walk from the ACE. Out the side door after a great breakfast (more on that later) make a left and walk down to the water. Go right and the ferry terminal is right there. Victoria BC is a great day trip, but it's a $500 day with the ferry ride ($240), bus and admission to Butchart Gardens ($120), and tea at the Empress ($140). Once in a lifetime trip, so do it if you can. It's fantastic.
The second was to Bremerton to a friend's house for dinner. You could walk or catch the bus to Columbia Ave. Head South on Columbia and the Bremerton Ferry dock is right there. $7.50 for the ride over and the ride back is free. Take the 9PM ferry back in the Summer for a spectacular Sunset and views of Seattle at night.
Ballard Locks - well I wouldn't necessarily recommend walking, but we did kind of by mistake as the tourist map was NOT to scale and I failed to notice the red letters stating the locks were 5 miles from Seattle center!!! We took the bus back for $2.50. They are definately worth seeing and you couls easily spend a day checking out Ballard and the locks.

So, back to a review of the ACE. The room, we had a deluxe, so we had our own bath/shower was exceptionally clean, comfortable, and nice. Those that face 1st Ave might be noisy, but there's only a couple that face that way. Wall St is a little noisy, with vehicle traffic but it didn't bother us. In fact, we enjoyed the "sounds" of the city. We were generally in bed by midnight and pretty worn out from the days adventure, so we slept good every night.

The room was small, but with only two of us no problem. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. The desk was functional, but really just used it to put things on at the end of the day. The one chair was nice to sit in and ready, put my shoes on, or enjoy a cold beer in. There's a sink in the room - we didn't use it. The bathroom had a shower, sink, and toilet. They were clean and worked well. The shower was a stand up for one with no bath. The shower head was high, about 7-8 feet and the water pressure was a little on the low side, but the water was hot! The ACE provides body wash, shampoo, and conditioner - all in the shower. The toilet was good - no issues. The sink was small but functional and had a nice mirror above it.
The main room had a large window with a roll down shade and window air conditioner. The shade and ac worked good.

Security. The room had a good lock on it as well as a deadbolt from the inside. The hotel front door is locked at midnight, but each guest room key ring also has a key for the front door for those late night partiers.

Breakfast. Make your own waffles, two types of very good granola, low fat milk, soy milk, juice, coffee, fruit, toast, and yogurt. Great start to the day. The breakfast room is on the first floor. The hotel guest rooms are on the second and third floor.

The staff. Front desk staff was friendly and willing to help. The front desk guy carried my friends luggage down the stairs for her when we left, which was nice. It's about 20 steps or so. The breakfast staff and rooms staff were always friendly and always had a nice greeting as well as willing to help in any way.

I have stayed at every type of hotel from no starts to 5 starts. The ACE is one I would go back to and strongly recommend if you are going to Seattle and want to see the sights. The price and location just can't be beat.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 on the second floor facing Wall St and it was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank john k
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was a little uncertain of my hotel choice when I first saw the entrance; it is a doorway between two eateries, with a longish set of stairs up, but all fears were allayed when Ed hollered down that he would bring the bags up. Ed had helped me confirm my travel plans from the airport when I called to double check that I could walk it from the light rail station. He gave me clear directions and suggestions. The hotel reminds me of one of my favorites in London; very eclectic building and individualized rooms. The place has personality! I had a deluxe room (toilet and shower en suite), but we also utilized the great shared bathrooms because I came with two teens, and the shower and toilet have only moderate privacy. The staff was wonderful throughout, and the entire place is thoughtfully appointed. Ed graciously helped me again upon our checkout. I was very satisfied. There are stairways to get to breakfast, to many of the rooms, and to the street, so it is not for travelers with ambulation issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would definitely recommend the Ace Hotel. It was great value and located perfectly for all the major attractions in downtown Seattle. The rooms were all very modern, comfy and individually styled. We had a shared bathroom but it was very clean and always available. The breakfast is great, especially the Waffles!! It was also very quiet and the dining room and kitchen was never busy so there was always somewhere to sit. There are lots of cool bars and restaurants along the same road, I would recommend the Cyclops Bar next door. The staff are very friendly and carried my bag up the stairs to the reception.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple