WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #52 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
San Juan Capistrano, California
“I'll stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was a little uncertain of my hotel choice when I first saw the entrance; it is a doorway between two eateries, with a longish set of stairs up, but all fears were allayed when Ed hollered down that he would bring the bags up. Ed had helped me confirm my travel plans from the airport when I called to double check that I could walk it from the light rail station. He gave me clear directions and suggestions. The hotel reminds me of one of my favorites in London; very eclectic building and individualized rooms. The place has personality! I had a deluxe room (toilet and shower en suite), but we also utilized the great shared bathrooms because I came with two teens, and the shower and toilet have only moderate privacy. The staff was wonderful throughout, and the entire place is thoughtfully appointed. Ed graciously helped me again upon our checkout. I was very satisfied. There are stairways to get to breakfast, to many of the rooms, and to the street, so it is not for travelers with ambulation issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would definitely recommend the Ace Hotel. It was great value and located perfectly for all the major attractions in downtown Seattle. The rooms were all very modern, comfy and individually styled. We had a shared bathroom but it was very clean and always available. The breakfast is great, especially the Waffles!! It was also very quiet and the dining room and kitchen was never busy so there was always somewhere to sit. There are lots of cool bars and restaurants along the same road, I would recommend the Cyclops Bar next door. The staff are very friendly and carried my bag up the stairs to the reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

You simply can't beat the style (and price) for the location. Downtown shopping, Pike Street Market, small cafes, bars, waterfront running/walking paths, and movie theaters all within a ten minute walk. We didn't have a car, but we were easily able to access the bus to districts outside the downtown core within a short walk of the hotel. The neighborhood felt very safe, and we frequently walked after dark without fear. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are quirky and hipster-minimalist. The only (very minor) "negative" is that the hotel lobby is on the second floor, so to access the hotel we had to walk up a very steep series of stairs with no elevator (so it was a bit of a struggle with our luggage, although the hotel staff did offer to help us with our bags when they saw us enter). We would not hesitate to stay here again-a great home base from which to explore the best of the city!

Room Tip: We chose a room without a private bath, but the "shared" wash rooms (private entry upon us...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Great location in Belltown, about a 10 minute walk to downtown and Pike Street market, but in an area of nice boutique shops. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had fun at breakfast making waffles on the griddle. The whole hotel has been stylishly designed. Great little area to read travel books, and nice ideas like cucumber flavoured water dispensers. The room was not huge but sorted us absolutely fine. A good size. very lean. We were facing the street over a late night bar and were worried we wouldn't sleep a wink. But in fact we slept very well and the noise dint disturb us. The room was well designed and loved the cute little soap. We worried about sharing the bathrooms but there were plenty of them and they were scrupulously clean. Would defiantly stay agin.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the hotel the rooms are closer to the showers.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Quirky, friendly and brilliant value, with an excellent bar downstairs, in the most interesting neighbourhood in Seattle, you can't really ask any more from the Ace Hotel. It would perhaps be a little lively for some - the bar downstairs does mean it can be a little noisy. I enjoyed the quirky industrial / military aesthetic of the rooms (all army blankets and metal framed beds), but it wasn't overpoweringly 'ironic', it just worked. The staff were just great. This would be my top choice if I'm back on the rainy west coast.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't directly above the bar if you are planning on going to bed early.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DMurakamiWood
Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a cute, great place. The rooms are clean the staff is super friendly. ED is amazing. He made our stay 100% awesome!
Comfortable. Clean, and just a great place to hang your hat.
I'd be back just for the great employee he is!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MattA612
south coast, NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had two fabulous rooms in this cute and cool ace hotel. Both were awesome. I just love how they are all different and all have original art. The fitting are industrial and perfectly fit the space. This is exactly what I look for in a hotel and these are the best looking hotels I have ever encountered. Perfect. Let's give more artists work in hotels and stop putting the same dull paintings on walls ... I once stayed in a nasty chain hotel on the outskirts of Turino,Italy, overlooking a freeway and car park, as they do, and they had seriously hung the same painting of a brick wall in every room....just in case you weren't depressed already.
Thankyou, ace, for putting the fun back into travel x

Room Tip: Every room is good in the ace ( I followed housekeeping around to see some others).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends