“Overpriced Dump”

Ranked #92 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Kennewick, Washington
“Overpriced Dump”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

just stayed there this last weekend and payed 130 a night, the rooms were worse than a super 8, but because we had reservations we stayed so we didnt have to pay for a place without actually staying. the pictures look nothing like the rooms at all, it wasn't filthy but the shower was broken and the beds were horrible, the center was sunkin and so my husband and I kept rolling into each other all night. tiny tiny tiny rooms too. when my father in-law said something to the front staff when we checked out their response was, "well you are paying for the location". just what i want to listen to in the middle of the night cop sirens and ambulances all night. plus they do not have a laundry facility like the page says.... HORRIBLE PLACE!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drask0327

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond
Reviewed August 18, 2012

If you stay here for convenient location (Pike Place, stadiums), free parking (yes very tight space), reasonably comfortable bed, then it is okay. Beyond that the hotel should probably be condemned. Summer rates are extremely over-priced as it is worth no more than $60-70/ night. We knew before booking that unless you stay at a brand name hotel in downtown Seattle all others are dumps that should be torn down.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor (top) and it was reasonably quiet for a Saturday night. bring your own to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johncrawcarp

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Rugs so dirty, I was afraid to take my shoes off. No key for the deadbolt. Someone tried to get into our room late at night. No hair dryer in the room. Really?!? Borrowed a hair dryer but there's no outlet in the bathroom. Shower leaked. They ran out of coffee at the front desk. All very 3rd world at US city price.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Feenixwest
Battle Ground, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

That place has no business being advertised anywhere. First of all, the parking was extremely cramped and we almost damaged our car trying to exit out of the underground parking as it was an extremely tight turn and there is one way in and one way out. There was graffiti all over the parking lot. Once we checked out our room, there were lights missing from the bathroom and the ventilation fan was dangling off the wall barely secured. If I have to pay the cancellation cost so be it, but I would hesitate to stay there even if it were completely free. . I would give it a one star and that is being generous. Absolutely terrible!

Room Tip: We ended up eating the cost of one nights stay and went elsewhere. Don't waste your money on thi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff K
Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed in kings in for two nights, the first day I was asking them to spray because infront of our room had plenty of flies, I asked two times with two different people but nobody did something about it.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank maeann67
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to someone who is easy going and looking for a cheap place to sleep and shower in downtown Seattle. The location is convenient for tourists, within walking distance of the Space Needle, the Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market, and lots of other tourist activities. Parking is free which is a huge positive given the location (all street parking and lots in the area are paid). WiFi is free and reasonably fast.

The rooms are small by North American standards, but you'll still have space for your luggage so it will seem roomy compared to cheap hotels in Europe. The carpets, TVs, curtains and other things I probably didn't notice are old and give the place a retro feel, probably in a negative way but I wasn't too bothered. The bathroom had cracked tiles and permanent marks on the floor and tub that made it appear a bit dirty no matter how good a job the cleaning staff was doing. If the appearance of cleanliness is important to you then that might be an issue. I honestly didn't put the staff to the test with any requests so I can't comment on the level of service (I was pretty low maintenance on this particular trip). I know some people who would have been turned off by the appearance of the rooms and would have hated staying here, so if that's important to you I suggest you look elsewhere (either look outside the city or increase your budget).

When I was staying there a building was under construction across the street, and I awoke to the sound of hammering and other construction noises in the morning. The building didn't look close to completion so this might be going on for a while. If you're a light sleeper and you plan to sleep in this might be a problem for you (I did okay because I'm used to city life and I'm a fairly heavy sleeper).

I'm giving this hotel 2 out of 5 but I'd say it's on a par with my expectations for a hotel in this price range in this location, so there's no negativity associated with this rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Daniel K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

as a healthily grounding break from big business hotel chains, i crashed in the king's inn in seattle.

and what can i say: it reflects its price.

looking more like a motel than a hotel (or an inn, for that matters), the beds could be less worn through, the shower is made for pygmies and has fluctuating temperatures, and their amenities are vending machines. no service whatsoever, bored students at the front desk watching TV.

unfortunately, it comes with the price that cheapsters, backpackers and college kids stay there as well, which can be loud at night (obviously not the hotel's fault, just a fact). i wouldn't bring a family either, it's not exaclty kids friendly.

upside: dead cheap (for seattle anyway), close to a lot of things, clean, amazingly quick room cleaning service, and most important: free wifi throughout which is actually kinda fast.

Room Tip: get the suite. it's insubstantially more, and comes with a second bed in case the other one'...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business