“Crackhouse hotel”
Review of Kings Inn

Kings Inn
Ranked #92 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 29, 2012

That place has no business being advertised anywhere. First of all, the parking was extremely cramped and we almost damaged our car trying to exit out of the underground parking as it was an extremely tight turn and there is one way in and one way out. There was graffiti all over the parking lot. Once we checked out our room, there were lights missing from the bathroom and the ventilation fan was dangling off the wall barely secured. If I have to pay the cancellation cost so be it, but I would hesitate to stay there even if it were completely free. . I would give it a one star and that is being generous. Absolutely terrible!

Room Tip: We ended up eating the cost of one nights stay and went elsewhere. Don't waste your money on thi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff K

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed in kings in for two nights, the first day I was asking them to spray because infront of our room had plenty of flies, I asked two times with two different people but nobody did something about it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank maeann67
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to someone who is easy going and looking for a cheap place to sleep and shower in downtown Seattle. The location is convenient for tourists, within walking distance of the Space Needle, the Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market, and lots of other tourist activities. Parking is free which is a huge positive given the location (all street parking and lots in the area are paid). WiFi is free and reasonably fast.

The rooms are small by North American standards, but you'll still have space for your luggage so it will seem roomy compared to cheap hotels in Europe. The carpets, TVs, curtains and other things I probably didn't notice are old and give the place a retro feel, probably in a negative way but I wasn't too bothered. The bathroom had cracked tiles and permanent marks on the floor and tub that made it appear a bit dirty no matter how good a job the cleaning staff was doing. If the appearance of cleanliness is important to you then that might be an issue. I honestly didn't put the staff to the test with any requests so I can't comment on the level of service (I was pretty low maintenance on this particular trip). I know some people who would have been turned off by the appearance of the rooms and would have hated staying here, so if that's important to you I suggest you look elsewhere (either look outside the city or increase your budget).

When I was staying there a building was under construction across the street, and I awoke to the sound of hammering and other construction noises in the morning. The building didn't look close to completion so this might be going on for a while. If you're a light sleeper and you plan to sleep in this might be a problem for you (I did okay because I'm used to city life and I'm a fairly heavy sleeper).

I'm giving this hotel 2 out of 5 but I'd say it's on a par with my expectations for a hotel in this price range in this location, so there's no negativity associated with this rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed July 16, 2012

as a healthily grounding break from big business hotel chains, i crashed in the king's inn in seattle.

and what can i say: it reflects its price.

looking more like a motel than a hotel (or an inn, for that matters), the beds could be less worn through, the shower is made for pygmies and has fluctuating temperatures, and their amenities are vending machines. no service whatsoever, bored students at the front desk watching TV.

unfortunately, it comes with the price that cheapsters, backpackers and college kids stay there as well, which can be loud at night (obviously not the hotel's fault, just a fact). i wouldn't bring a family either, it's not exaclty kids friendly.

upside: dead cheap (for seattle anyway), close to a lot of things, clean, amazingly quick room cleaning service, and most important: free wifi throughout which is actually kinda fast.

Room Tip: get the suite. it's insubstantially more, and comes with a second bed in case the other one'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank chaseinger
Reviewed June 26, 2012

worse hotel ever. Hated it feel totally ripped off should have been a 50 dollar a nite stay was charged $100 plus tax. No hot water all fixtures in the bathroom falling apart and the room is the size of a closet. Smelt bad. Dirty and the elevator was worse on the third floor. Horrid would never stay here again better on the streets.

Room Tip: stay at the Red Lion Inn on 5th ave and you will be close to all of the good attractions .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Exactly what we expected. Pretty much no amenities, but was super close to Belltown, shopping, Pike Place. No wi fi and terrible showers, but again was worth the cheap rate.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to barely be in this is it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RachellWeist
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Don't do what I did....stay here with my family because it was the best price I could find. At 2am, with other occupants of the hotel screaming, drunk and in a terrible fight, I would have paid the $50 more, or $100, to NOT have been there. We got little sleep and had to call front desk to come and handle the people fighting right outside our door. I didn't really care that much that the room was run down and dirty. It was exposing my kids to what felt like a truly unsafe situation that caused my regret. This hotel is definitely the home to drug deals, prostitution, and all night hollering and brawls. I've never written a review before but I feel strongly about trying to help you avoid what we went through. When we checked in, there was a very unhappy looking couple checking out. Had I known then what I know now, I would have never checked in. Just suck it up and stay at the Paramount. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room there.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family