“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed at the Inn at the Market one night before leaving on a cruise to Alaska. We arrived early in the morning. Our room was not ready yet but the hotel staff took our cell phone number and called us when it was ready. The desk staff was very helpful and gave us directions to the Space Needle. I somehow pushed the wrong button on my camera and got it into the wrong mode. I had forgotten to bring the manual with me. When we got back to the hotel I asked at the desk if there was a camera store near by. The girl at the desk asked what the problem was. When I told her she offered to try to find the manual on the internet for me. She downloaded the instruction manual for me and showed me what I had done to get my camera in the wrong mode.
The room we had was very nice. It had a partial waterview and we could look out on Pike's Market from our room. We were able to walk through the market in the morning when it was still fairly quiet before we left on our cruise. The room was quite large and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here if we ever come back to Seattle

Reviewed June 21, 2010

If you go to Seattle, you have to spend time around the Market and there are not many places closer to the market. It is a bit pricey, but the service is great, the views are amazing and the atmosphere could not be better. We spent three nights there and got up early each morning to wander around the area. Our room was of great size and faced the water.

Get up early and walk the half block down to the market and watch and smell it come alive. Try the Russian porosky (probably not spelling it right) or any of the other wonderful pastry shops along the Market. There is a great coffee shop down First Avenue next to the Four Seasons - or try the first Starbucks located across from the Market. For dinner walk over across the street to 94 Stewart - amazing food and great wine.

Pass on the ghost tour, but try the food tours. I was pulled along for the choclate tour and had a blast.

Bottom Line: The perfect place to take in the Market area. Be prepared to pay for the location and service, but both were worth it.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Market Inn and loved it!! We had wine and appitizers on the 5th floor deck over looking the water and Pikes Market Place. We walked every where we needed to go. Loved it and will return when in the area!
Lewes, De

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We live less than 20 miles from Seattle. It is great to enjoy our beautiful city like a tourist. The view from our room was spectacular. We watched the sun set over Elliott Bay and the Olympic mountains. The staff is very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants and bars to go to within blocks. And of course the Pike Place Market is right below.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Dear Seattleites;
The Inn at The Market is a perfect getaway in our city to enjoy as you have mentioned. There is much to see, hear, smell, touch and taste within the Pike Place Market. Please contact me or any member of the team when you might plan on returning or if you have friends visiting, we will be sure to take great care of you.
Sincerely
David Watkins
dwatkins@innatthemarket.com

Great views great location

Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed at the inn for a work trip, and it was a wonderful experience! My room was very spacious, including the bathroom. It was nicely decorated, comfortable chairs, a nice desk area, nice sized tv, and comfy bed. I had a great breakfast at Bacco and enjoyed the complimentary tea in the lobby. The free business center came in handy, thank you! The service was wonderful! Everyone was very nice and helpful in directing me around Seattle. The inn is steps away from the Public Market and some fabulous restaurants. My only complaint would be the lack of a beverage area on the rooftop deck, which provided stunning views of Puget Sound. If I ever return to Seattle, I will definitely stay at the Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

After reading all the reviews on he Inn at the Market I had high expectations and the hotel and staff lived up to those expectations. The location is great for the market, great restaurants and other sights. Looking for a great breakfast try the crumpet shop and dinner and drinks at the virginia inn down the street.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family