“We absolutely loved our stay at Inn at the Market!”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2009

After reading many, many reviews on this website, I contacted the manager directly to see if he could assist me in making plans for a short 2 night stay in Seattle for our wedding anniversary. He promptly responded with an offer that I couldn't pass up!
This past weekend my husband and I stayed at the Inn in one of the town house city view suites. The hotel & staff were amazing! We absolutely loved this hotel and will for sure be back in the future! I have already told many friends and family that next time they're in Seattle, this is "the" place to stay!
When we first arrived, there was an anniversary card and a special dessert for two waiting in our room! It was delicious and such a nice gesture! Typically we would go out for a nice anniversary dinner where ever we happen to be. At the Inn, there was a set of dishes for two in our room, so both nights we decided to get takeout and bring it back. Fixed up our plates and headed to the deck on the 5th floor. Amazing view and plenty of space! Even though there were other guests out there, everyone had their own space and it was wonderful!
The room was very spacious and super clean! Two big flat screen tv's... bay windows that look out on two different streets, one with partial market/water view. The location couldn't be more ideal! Steps from Pike Place Market which is always one of our favs when in town for a visit.
Thank you Mr. Watkins & thank you to your staff! We really enjoyed our stay at your hotel and can't wait to come back! This was definitely an anniversary to remember!

2  Thank SeasideJenni
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Dear Guest:

I am very pleased you had a great time visiting Seattle and thank you for staying with us. For other trip advisor readers if you are celebrating something special be sure to mention it during your reservation.

Best

David Watkins
dwatkinsgm@innatthemarket.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,755)

Reviewed September 27, 2009

We stayed here for a few days a couple of weeks ago and found the service to be very prompt, the bed comfortable and room clean. The location was great but I was harassed one night by a persistant homeless man looking for a handout, while walking near the market after dark. When I did some internet research I learned that Seattle has lax laws toward panhandling, and that the panhandling is sometimes "aggressive". I also learned that that some of Seattle's services for the homeless are located in the market area. That being known, we avoided walking back through that area in the evenings and were were not harassed again there. This has nothing to do with the hotel but I think it's important to let people know to exercise caution in the market place after dark, especially since the hotel is adjacent to the Pike Market.

We thought the rooftop outdoor sitting area would have benefitted by a fireplace or at least a few heat lamps.

1  Thank whisperingpalms

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you experienced the pan handling. The Hotel and Downtown Association are working with the City of Seattle to try and address the situation.

Best

David Watkins

Reviewed September 24, 2009

Where do I start? Service? Great! Rooms? Amazing! Location? Can't beat it. Right across the street is the Pike Place Market (which overlooks the bay), full of fresh flowers, vegetables, and art cultivated by locals. Haggled for an fantastic glass-blown vase and got a great deal. Walking distance to many restaurants, though admittedly, they do close a little early. If you get room service, try the fresh squeeze orange juice.

When I asked at the front desk for recommendations on where to go/what to do, the lady cheerfully gave me a map and gave me a few points of interest; she even outlined the free public transportation routes for me! Then, when it was time to go, the valet retrieved my car quickly and with pep, even at 4 in the morning, and he offered me tips on the safest places to get gas on the way back. They really take care of their patrons. If I ever go back to Seattle, this is definitely where I will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TraverseTheUniverse
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I'm mystified by the couple of terrible reviews. The staff at Inn at the Market was very professional with us and the accomodations were very nice. I had booked a Town House City-View Suite for my wife and I as the last stop on a 10-day trip. We both were impressed with the spaciousness of the room(s) and quality of the little touches. Huge flat-csreen TV's upstairs and downstairs, small safe in the room, quiet even with the large windows facing the city streets. The 5th floor deck is wonderful, it would be even nicer if there was more space (impossible) and if the hotel would prohibit smoking (possible). The hotel itself is non-smoking and Seattle is a healthy city. C'mon management...go all the way and make the rooftop no-smoking too! Easy access to Pike Place Market, the first Starbucks and not that far from Safeco and Qwest Fields...great location. We also had them arrange for a town car to SEA and it was ontime and had us at the airport less than 30 minutes later. Granted, it was not a "bargain", but you can't expect Fairmont style for La Quinta prices! All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank oilguy57
Reviewed September 16, 2009

This place is fantastic, yes it's pricey but you are within walking distance of everything you need for your stay. Fine food, the aquarium, shopping, the public market, the Grey Line Bus Tours, the trolley, the city buses, the underground, the monorail and the ferry system. Between 8 am and 7 pm the buses are free if you stay withing the downtown area. Pioneer Square is 9 blocks away. Our room was HUGE (get got the room with two double beds) we had a sink, microwave and refrigerator. Ask for a room above the third floor, we were on the 6th floor and had a spectacular view of Elliot Bay, on the Stewart side of the hotel. The roof top terrace is to die for, we spent about half of our trip just watching the busy habor activities. The staff was fantastic, we will definitely stay there again. We loved this hotel and Seattle. Make sure you ask about the Pike Street Hill Climb and using the elevators in the parking garages to get down to the wharf area easily, this is a must for people with strollers, wheelchairs, the elderly etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank RhonnaM
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The best location possible, in my opinion. Right on the marketplace. a short walk to the waterfront and the ferry terminal. Restaurants are close by and the bus system downtown is free! You just can't beat the location. The staff was attentive and professional and he room was spotless with a bed that was fantastic. I would recommend the Inn to any one traveling to Seattle for the first time.

2  Thank travelingangler
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Super location in Pike Street Market. Fabulous views of harbor and market. Watch the vendors set up the market or the action in the harbor. You are in the heart of Seattle. What you can't walk to, you can ride the free city bus. Clean, beautiful rooms. Get your coffee at the original Starbucks, your french pastry at Le Panier and then head to the patio on the 5th floor for breakfast! Or sip a glass of wine in the evening from the patio as you watch the sun set over the harbor. Great place for a romantic escape.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple