“Best Hotel Experience Yet!”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Best Hotel Experience Yet!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I usually stay at time shares and avoid hotels, but this stay has changed our minds! I have never been to such a clean, friendly, roomy and well appointed hotel! From our curbside drop to the checking in experience (Thanks Meghan!), to the lovely attached restaurant, all was superb!! The bed was more comfortable than mine...first time that happened! Can't wait to go back! Oh, and did I mention that a block away is Pike's Place Market, a tantalizing journey of shops and farmer's markets!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Korean first
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were notified on arrival that some construction had commenced for an overdue renovation. Ok, signs up saying renovations are limited to the hours between 9 am to 4 pm.

Well, the first salvo was at 5:55 am when we were shocked out of our bed with what sounded like a pneumatic drill. But it stopped and we drifted off to sleep again - until the next loud construction-related noise - hammering on the walls. Now we were out of bed and staring at each other, when the drill started again - I phoned the concierge and said 'Really - construction starts at 5:55?" She apologized profusely, offered to comp us with a room service breakfast, while she sent a staff person to find the contractor and tell them to STOP! We were then offered the opportunity to move rooms (although based on what I see, I don't think there is a room that wouldn't have heard this racket in the place, a significant reduction on our night's bill, a free day of valet parking, or if we wanted, to find us a room in another facility.

Our room has clearly been upgraded already and is very comfortable - nicely appointed and has everything we wanted including a view of the waterfront and the city location we were after. This place was recommended by a family member who lives in the State, and we expected a nice boutique hotel and our suite is definitely that.

The building is clearly being torn apart to upgrade both the appearance, but also replacement of windows, plumbing and ventilation services; it is a major reno. Had I known this when I booked back in January, I would have considered going elsewhere in the first place, but I guess some of this work is weather dependent, and this is a good weather week so they are going at it!

We are hanging tough with the situation - but if tomorrow morning is served up with the same early racket - I will blow my gasket! When you post signs that the renos are limited to certain times, it is not acceptable to start 3 hours before the time you have given. I understand the general manager had a serious talk with the construction manager today - let's hope they came to a clear understanding!

Staff have been wonderful - great, friendly service - We got a call from the concierge to let us know of the tragedy at the Space Needle this morning because she remembered we had discussed that this was our destination today; she wanted to warn us of the unexpected closure and explain why the hotel's tv service had gone out temporarily.

I know it is tough to run a place when you must have some work done, but it is also very hard on the guests to be paying for something they didn't bargain for. Lord knows I have lived in a renovation zone often enough in my own home during the last 15 years, but this is my vacation and I did just want to have a nice sleep in morning....

Room Tip: water view rooms are well worth it. They also don't mention on the website that they will honou...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for bringing your concerns to us during your stay and I am very sorry that our renovation process did not go as it was planned. We have made adjustments with the team to prevent this from happening again. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best
David Watkins
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I cannot say enough about the location and ambiance of this hotel. Was here with my family and in laws and loved every second do it. Walk a few steps to Pikes Place Market, great restaurants, and other sights as well. Make sure to get a water view too view. It is well worth the money!

Room Tip: Get the two level suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A hidden gem indeed. We were very surprised with this hotel. It was far more than we expected and enjoyed every aspect of it. Staff seemed genuinely sincere and far from pretentious. The valet service was quick, efficient, and courteous. Great guys from arrival to departure. And you cannot ask for smoother check in than what we experienced. We were tired from our trip and to be greeted with such kindness from such friendly staff was such a delight. They made us feel very welcome and we appreciate that. Our room was like a home away from home and was well stocked with awesome views and very clean.

We have nothing negative to say about The Inn At The Market. It was a perfect start to our stay in Seattle and we would certainly return without even considering other hotels. Staying there was exactly what we needed to recharge. Just superb!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at Inn at the Market the last two times I've been to Seattle, and will continue to stay there on any future trips. It is in the most perfect location- right next to the Pikes Place Market. The hotel is super charming, tucked in a little niche on a hill leading to the market. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds, very comfortable. The staff is very helping and always friendly- will chat with you about your trip, give you tips on what's cool to do or see, etc. I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Can't wait for my next stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank EmilyJT
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The proximity of this hotel couldn't be better. You're immersed in the market and have so much at your finger tips. The staff are warm and friendly, and the rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. The beds are the best! There are little touches which really make the stay feel like a vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in a banquet room with excellent views of the market and water
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Fairbury, Nebraska
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wanted something nice for a 2 day stay while on business with Amazon.com

Valet parking made it easy to just pull up and the valet brought bags to the room.

The lobby had a nice fire going and was warm and toasty. We went to the room and found great views with a fabulously soft bed and pillows

Walk out the door and within 2 blocks either way are 20 restaurants that rank in top 50 of Seattle on Tripadvisor. The Fish market is a mere 1/2 block away

We will stay here the next time we come to Seattle, it was a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: only 8 floors, level 5 has a walk out viewing patio ask to have bay views of the water
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business