“Highly recommended”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Amazing location, great service. Lovely room. We were on a couples trip, but would stay here again if we brought our family. Staff was very knowledgeable. Walking distance to so much. Great view. We stayed in a street view room, didn't notice any street noise in our room. They have a great patio with ocean views. It was a great way to unwind after a day out in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We splurged in a room with a water view and it was worth it. Room on 8th floor was great. Great window with chairs looking out on the bay. If you can't splurge on a water view room there is a very nice roof deck for all to use and would be a perfect place to eat breakfast from LaPanier around the corner when the weather is a little warmer than November. You are walking distance to a huge number of restaurants and the staff at the hotel were very nice. No health club, but for $15 can get a day pass to Seattle Athletic club.

Room Tip: 8th floor with water view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mannaham
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was spending 8 nights in Seattle for two back-to-back conferences, so did not want to stay in an anodine conference hotel. Last time I visited the city was in 1999, just after the "Battle in Seattle", and knew that the heart of Downtown was near Pike's Market. The light rail from SeaTac airport to Westlake station was $2.75, and it was a short, mainly, downhill walk to the hotel. The walk up to the Conference Center is only about ten minutes, depending on your own pace.
You have loads of stuff to do on your doorstep or a short walk away.The weather was very foggy while I was there so there was little point in doing the main sightseeing trips.
Early morning breakfast overlooking the Sound on the second floor at Lowell's Restaurant in the Market set me up for the meetings. The fresh fruit from the market stalls was great for the room, and there is a little general store opposite the lift/elevator down to Western Avenue, near the "Flying Fish" stall for water, beer and snacks. As a fiscally retentive Scotsman I resent paying $4 for a small pack of Doritos in the hotel room.
Round the corner in Post Ally there are a number of lovely shops and restaurants, but Kells Irish Pub with live music and good food and craic became my "local" by the second night. They even found Scottish soccer for me on the TV! A few doors along is the Tasting Room where you can chill out on a sofa with a hard back book from the book shelves and enjoy a glass of good wine.
The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable and the linen sublime. Only problem in a city room, even on the 8th floor, overlooking 1st Avenue was the traffic noise, including fire engines/trucks heading up from their depot on Alaskan Way with sirens blaring. I would stay again if visiting Seattle

Room Tip: Probably better to spend the extra on a seaward room, but the market traders set up very early, so y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hugh C
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I would highly recommend this place, but 1 night is not enough. We arrived at the crack of dawn the day of the Seahawk game and of course they had been full the night before, so our room wasn't ready yet - but the staff was so courteous & helpful. They valeted my Jeep (yes, he drove stick shift) so that we didn't have to deal with parking (which anyone who has been downtown Seattle knows is a hassle). The desk clerk pre-checked me in, so that I only needed to ask for a key when we returned, took my daughter's cell ph# and called her when the room was ready. The bellboy (same guy that valeted), took all of our bags and put on a cart in the back and once the room was ready he took up & put in our room. They had maps & useful info so that it was a simple 3 block walk to station & for $4 ea. we could ride from Westlake station to the stadiums as many times as we wish.... which we did, because once we got there & found our arms filled with stuff we bought, it was a simple ride back, bellboy took all of our pkgs (which were also in the rm when we returned) and then hop back on to get back to stadium for a REALLY EXCITING game.
It was less than a block to walk to Pike's Place market, the Big Wheel could be seen from our window and the Aquarium was a simple few blocks (with no hills). All in all I would say that this was the best location to be at if you are in Seattle and we have been a quite a few different places over the last few years. The bed was REALLY comfortable and when we returned after the game to freshen up before heading out for dinner - we found that the desk clerk had upgraded us at no charge - WOW! What a view! Even though I had told the valet that we wouldn't need the vehicle again that night (we planned to eat nearby), when our plans chg'd and we were able to go pick up a friend & take her to Fisherman's dock to eat, he gladly ran & retrieved it quickly and got us on our way. Again, I would say that I would HIGHLY recommend this place.

Room Tip: I had picked water view. The upgrade that she gave us included a brkfst counter w/ mini-ref, coffee...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for visiting us from Bellingham and taking in the sights of Seattle along with a Seahawks Game. We welcome arrivals before 4pm, if your room is not ready then we can park your vehicle and store you belongings as mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Was here for the weekend. Location is great, just a few steps away from the Fish Market and Farmers Market. Plus the 1st Starbucks store in the world is just half a block away! Rooms are large, lighting good, beds firm. My grouse is they did not have a writing table in Room 302. Front Desk and Concierge service was excellent. If you just want to have a chillout and foodie stay in Seattle, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Thank you for visiting us all the way from Malaysia, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to Pike Place Market and Seattle. I do apologize that your room did not have a writing desk, for the readers of tripadvisor we do have some rooms with desks so if a desk is a need please make a comment during your reservation process and we will try and honor the request. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My girlfriend spent last night here, it was wonderful. However one drawback was in our room, number 311, after we were asleep, the furnace kept coming on, and it was VERY noisy. We were awakened and startled by the noise all night. Finally at about 5:30 AM i got up turned on the light and figured out how to turn that thing off (I would have done that earlier but I did not want to wake my GF. As it turned out she was thinking the same :) I hope in the future guests are told about this and how to turn it off before they go to bed. Next time we stay here, and we will, we know what to do.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at this location for a quick business trip in early October. The location was spot on and the location of my room was not noisy. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, but most of all the bed was so comfortable! From the mattress to the pillows to the linen!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie F
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for commenting about the comfort of our beds and linens. The beds are HYPNO's warranted by the Queen of England and our Linens are custom by Sferra. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.