“REVIEW FROM SEATTLE NATIVE”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

You already know the location of this hotel. It's perfect. You might want to know that I am a researcher. I spent about ten hours in total looking for the perfect place in Seattle. In fact, I actually booked two other hotels besides this one, and then changed my mind and booked the inn at the market. We bought the cheapest room in the joint just because the reviews were phenomenal.
At first, I was disappointed because our room had a view of other hotel rooms, not even of the city...due to the price no doubt. However, the elevator noise was very disrupting at night. I told the front desk staff and in less than ten minutes we were wisked up to a top floor room with a city view and a small credit for the noise issue. The new room was smaller, but with a better view, and no noise, my wife and I were very pleased. The restaurants on the main floor are good. We ate at the French one, the market I think it's called. I'd eat there again.
The view from the fifth floor deck is exquisite and that's saying something because I lived in Seattle for several years previously and I know what "peek a boo" views and partial water views are. This view is drop dead gorgeous, Puget Sound, the market sign, part of the city, Mt. Rainer, the ferries. It doesn't get any better, truly.
Overall, an excellent choice. One more thing, if you are considering vrbo, like I did, this place was about the same price or less, for a better location. Nothing compares!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rudydiedreck

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed there in early June, 2013 after vacationing in Vancouver. We were greeted warmly at the desk as though we were long lost family although this was our frst trip to the hotel. It is located almost next to the Market Place which should not be missed. The staff was able to recommend several restaurants close to the hotel. We took them up on their recommendation to, I believe it was called "The Pink Door" which was excellent and wil be visited the next time we go back which hopefully will be soon.

Room Tip: I am sure any room suggested by the desk woudl be very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is a bit pricy, but worth every penny. Especially for 4 people in a queen room. In other hotels, they only had doubles, so we would have needed 2 rooms. Not so pricy then...

Our room had a great view of Pike's Place and the harbor. The staff is excellent, the room clean and well equipped, mostly. No desk, so maybe not so good for a business trip. The roof-top patio looked inviting, but our room was right below it with the same view, so we chose to sit in the room for sunset. Lovely.

You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: The corner room (double queen) under the rooftop patio (can't remember the number) had a great v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We've stayed at other hotels in Seattle, loved other hotels in Seattle, but none as much as The Inn at the Market. There is none other like it. You're right at Pike's Market - which is not to be missed. You have amazing views of Elliot Bay / Puget Sound from your room and from the outstanding shared top deck with views from Mt. Rainier to the Sound and the Cascades. You are within walking distance of EVERYTHING - great restaurants, great shopping, the Seattle Art Museum, Puget Sound - everything you've come to Seattle for. As another reviewer has said, there's no need for a car at The Inn at the Market... unless there are sights outside of Seattle proper that you want to visit. Otherwise, settle in, take in the views, have a fabulous breakfast at Bacco's, have an amazing day in downtown Seattle, eat a ridiculously great dinner at one of the great restaurants within walking distance of the Inn, and then sleep like a baby in your incredible room. Then do it all again the next day!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra to get a room with at least a partial view of Elliot Bay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We decided to splurge one night while traveling through Seattle and booked this based on the advertised views. We stayed in the town house water view suite so we can have the beautiful views. There were three of us (one couple, one solo) so we had a king sized bed and the sofa bed downstairs that the maids were just making up when we arrived two hours after check-in. Unfortunately, the bathroom is upstairs so there's that privacy issue if you're traveling with others staying in this room. So yes, great view but we were located above a rooftop fan of some sort that seemed to be always on so that was kinda noisy. The water pressure in the shower wasn't as great as I've seen (but "normal" for hotels). The bathroom was very large--included two sinks. The upstairs/bedroom was a little dark and although there were two nightstand lamps and a lamp on the desk and over the window it could use an additional light in the middle of the room. The location was great, literally right there at the market. It's located in the "center" of the Pike Place Market (not the street where the fish throwing occurs--just a street over). If you are parking at the hotel, it is $32 plus taxes and tip to park (or you can find street parking elsewhere). This is your only option for parking with them and you cannot come/go like other hotels or they will charge the $32 each time. Needless to say, we had to find a local place for dinner. We were told we could not go back to our car if we forgot something, or the valet would have to get for us and thus moving the vehicle would ensure the $32 again. This really put us off because we felt rushed to jump out of the car to valet it and had to rush to gather our belongings. Overall, the location and the view were worth it, however, the valet/parking charge and the inability to come/go would prevent me from staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with another person/couple, pool your money together and try the townhouse suit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Senior Contributor:
Thank you for writing into Tripadvisor and sharing your experience. Our valet parking system is similar to other hotels that we do offer the in and out service and not charge for each time you park. I do apologize that this was not communicated to you clearly, if you would like to contact me you can reach me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com, I would like to make this right for you.
Best
David Watkins

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We spent a night in Seattle just to stay at this hotel. Okay...we also wanted to eat our way through the Market. Our good luck put us into a newly renovated room on the 3rd floor with a nice view of Elliot Bay and Post Alley. After spending 3 nights at the terrific Loden Hotel in Vancouver we thought this would be a tough act to follow. However, while not at the same level as that fine hotel the Inn at the Market benefits from a fantastic location and charm in abundance. The 5th floor patio was also a highlight. We shall return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We've stayed here a few times over the years and we have always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are lovely; the housekeeping is excellent; the view from the shared deck is outstanding; and the courtyard is charming.
As others have noted, the location (two steps away from Pike Place market) couldn't be more fun or convenient. We parked our car for our stay and walked everywhere.
The breakfasts at Bacco (attached to the hotel) are absolutely delicious; Bacco is a very busy cafe, though; sometimes you need to wait a few minutes to get seated.

Room Tip: Partial water view rooms are probably the best value.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Top Contributor:
Thank you for making the Inn at The Market your hotel of choice when visiting Seattle, I can ever be of assistance in making reservations here please let me know at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com,I would be happy to help.
Best