“Fabulous hotel in great downtown location”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you want to be in the heart of the action around Pikes Place Market and live stylishly, this is the place to be.

Located in it's own courtyard, with shops and salons, it has a discreet lobby.

My room was gorgeous with a great view over the market and into the sound.

The bed, pillows, shower and toiletries were excellent. The towels were okay.

There was a fridge, luggage rack and iPod dock. However, no in-room coffee or microwave.

Breakfast was not included, internet was.

I had a lovely time here for two nights and the location meant I could walk to most attractions and stores.

I highly recommend this hotel when in Seattle.

Room Tip: Room 704 was good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your summary of your visit to the Inn at The Market, I did want to mention we do have coffee makers in the cabinet, they are not displayed out. I do apologize that we did not make you aware of the coffee maker. When you do plan on returning, please contact me directly at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will be happy to assist with arrangements.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a great time a the Inn at the Market on our recent 3 night stay in early September. The location above the Market and walking distance to many places was the best. We would stay there again and plan to. Our third floor corner room facing the market and the harbor was excellent...

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor south west corner rooms facing the market and the harbor are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonyexpress
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great location, just steps from the market. Comfortable rooms and well appointed, and the staff couldn't be nicer. Everyone I met was friendly and accommodating. The only downside is the noisy room, on the 1st avenue side. The traffic is weirdly loud. It's the strangest thing. The HVAC system seems to funnel the noise right into the room, and sadly, the HVAC is right next to the head of the bed, so the noise is just inches from your face and it makes it really hard to sleep. Wish I had known - I would have sprung for the water view!

Room Tip: Stay on the water side to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank getupgetout

Dear Guest:
I do apologize that you did not have a comfortable stay, when you do plan on returning please contact me directly and I will be certain that you are well taken care of.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a lovely 1 night stay at this hotel and everything was perfect. We opted to spend the extra money and had a water view room with had a lovely view over the harbor and the market. The room was a very good size with quality fittings and the large bathroom area was also great..
The location was perfect being so close to the market, shops, eateries and the foreshore. All the staff were very welcoming and added to the wonderful atmoshere this hotel provides. It is such an unusual set up but it works so well. The free WIFI was good and we had a great sleep.
The hotel was not cheap but we thought it was woth the money we spent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just stayed here again and I love this place. All of the staff are welcoming and helpful. Email and phone exchanges were prompt and courteous. I needed a Wed-Fri night and Fri wasn't available but they called me as soon as a room became available! I originally asked for a King for 2 nights and a double Queen room because a friend was joining me. When I arrived my plans had changed and friend was coming a day sooner...no problem, they gave me a larger room with fold out bed for friend, and moved us to the queen room next door on Friday. They made this so stress free! Room service breakfast is prompt and great. You must get a water view if you stay in this hotel. It's fun watching the vendors get set up early in the morning at the Public Market. There is a great pastry place down the block and to the right which has fabulous croissants and other goodies and great coffee. You can get grilled cheese to go at Beechers just right down the block. Definitely eat at Cafe Campagne (outside if possible). Everything you need is there. Just a nice stroll to Nordstroms flagship store on Pine. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Oh and what hotel would call and see what coffee places are open nearby after 7:30 pm so you wouldn't have to go from place to place to find one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with water view. The hotel is really quiet even if you overlook a street and water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I don't know Seattle that well but I'd say this is the best located hotel in town. Step out the front door and you are right in the middle of the market. You don't need to be to clever to work that out from the name I guess.

The odds of our stay being a good one didn't get off to a good start. A combination of no US currency and an urgent need for the toilet (hey, the driver is over 40 these days) meant we rushed straight in, dumping the car with the valet whom we had no money to tip, loosing each other and then holding a "gritted teeth" conversation in the lobby. We've all been there. Thankfully the staff were really helpful and soon had us back in holiday mode.

Rooms are generous, beds very comfortable and the sweets they leave out are worth a 10 out of 10. It is not a cheap place but it is value for money. Don't forget to check out the view from the deck on the fifth floor. You are guaranteed to get the best photos of any of your mates.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors and ask for a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Thank you for recognizing members of our team, I am pleased to read that they took care of you upon arrival and during your visit. I will be certain to pass on your kind words.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Belated thanks to Annie for the special treats (flowers and wine) ... this hotel was great and my room was lovely. Great layout to the room and the hotel. Really loved the deck, in spite of some chair hogs at prime times. It was so very nice to be able to pop back to the hotel and lounge in my sunny, bright room and rest up before heading back to the fray that is the Pike Place Market. Yummy meals and shopping on site as well, which was a nice surprise. Really like the little extras, like the extra book in my room to read up on Mr Chihuly, as well as the nice selection of newspapers every morning. Need to come back soon and stay longer next time! Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have LOTS of windows and light!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo